Grant and corrupt a wish game

Ansiri

1 hour ago, Odaks said:

Granted, but that's the end of all future significant surprises 😭

I wish I hadn't forgotten my husbands birthday last year...

Granted but you forget it this year.

I wish that I could go back a few decades for a do-over, while keeping the knowledge of what happened the first time. (Noooo, she invokes time travel!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Granted but you forget it this year.

I wish that I could go back a few decades for a do-over, while keeping the knowledge of what happened the first time. (Noooo, she invokes time travel!)

Granted, but your altered timeline leads to alternative futures that aren't much better and you'll end up with brain damage and terrible nosebleeds to boot, Butterfly Effect style.

I wish my country isn't such a poophole and not let people die from lack of health care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

Granted, but your altered timeline leads to alternative futures that aren't much better and you'll end up with brain damage and terrible nosebleeds to boot, Butterfly Effect style.

I wish my country isn't such a poophole and not let people die from lack of health care.

Granted, now they live but they still suffer. 
I wish that people just disappeared when they died instead of leaving behind a corpse for someone to deal with (read that in an old fantasy story).

• Like 1

Granted. People disappear when they die and never leave a corpse. Those that remain experience a long period of longing, never knowing if their loved one has died or just left. Death now stings all the time and the world descends into an unprecedented and deep period of inner loneliness and uncertainty.

I wish people actually told you how they were when you asked them how they are.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marut72 said:

I wish people actually told you how they were when you asked them how they are.

Granted, now you hear more than you ever wanted to know about people's experiences with piles, horrendous arguments with partners, toilet training their kids, leaks in the bathroom and sexual frustrations. 

I wish I'd got some sleep last night.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Granted, now you hear more than you ever wanted to know about people's experiences with piles, horrendous arguments with partners, toilet training their kids, leaks in the bathroom and sexual frustrations. 

I wish I'd got some sleep last night.

Granted. You are still sleeping. Your double has taken upon themselves to mess up your life in the meantime.

I wish we all had self driving cars already.

• Like 1

Just now, Marut72 said:

Granted. You are still sleeping. Your double has taken upon themselves to mess up your life in the meantime.

I wish we all had self driving cars already.

Will I notice?

Granted, but they only ever drive to the in laws.

I wish we all had jetpacks already.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Will I notice?

Granted, but they only ever drive to the in laws.

I wish we all had jetpacks already.

Granted, though they have a nasty tendency to flame everyones butt.

I wish mail-orders we make on the Web just appeared instantly at our door when we complete the purchase..

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Ahahaha. So you're the one that caused that. (Because what you granted already happens.) :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Granted, but you don't remember until you're back home.

I wish I could keep on top of the inward flow of information.

Granted. You are on top of the inward flow of information, but the outward flow gets to of hand. You say what you think and get punched in the face a lot!

I wish @Seicher Rae would make a wish because it would be a pleasure to ruin it.

• Like 1

Just now, Marut72 said:

Granted. You are on top of the inward flow of information, but the outward flow gets to of hand. You say what you think and get punched in the face a lot!

I wish @Seicher Rae would make a wish because it would be a pleasure to ruin it.

Uh. What? I do not understand. This feels very aggressive. ??  Thanks?

wtf?

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wish that people just disappeared when they died instead of leaving behind a corpse for someone to deal with (read that in an old fantasy story).

They do this already, in SL.  I don't like it any better than the RL version.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I repeat: W.the actual.F?

Wth did I do to deserve an attack?

Seicher, please!  Marut is one of the best players in this thread, he doesn't deserve that.  May I be allowed to defend him?

Take a look at the title of the thread:  "Grant and Corrupt a Wish".  The format is, someone makes a wish.  The next player grants that wish, but corrupts it.  For example, they may point out unintended consequences of the wish, or say that it comes along with something else that's undesirable.  It's best if the corrupted wish is also humorous in some way.  Then, the new player wishes for something, and so on.

I have ambivalent feelings about this game myself.  I've made wishes that I really do wish for, only to see them mucked up by the next player.  But, that's the game!  What Marut was saying by his comment (at least, this is how I understand it) is that he likes you, likes the way you think, and would be pleased if you'd play and give him a chance to interact with you.

It wasn't an attack.  It was an invitation. 😘

(I grant you, it may have not felt that way.  When somebody pings you in a thread, like @Seicher Rae, the system gives you a notice that someone mentioned you in a thread.  It does not say what the context was.  If you've not been a participant in this game, being thrown into it without warning...well!)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

He was joking and it was meant affectionately. He made a gentle joke at my expense too in this game the other day. It was funny. 

6 minutes ago, Marut72 said:

I wish there was a newspaper that only printed good news.

Granted, it goes out of business. 

I wish someone else was making dinner and that they were making something nice.

• Like 1

I see other people making comments without wishes, as I did. They are not called out specifically to ruin a wish with pleasure. I understand the game and have played it (not often, but I have). 

I now believe after what Marut *finally* said and what Lindal said, that it was an invitation to play and no harm was intended. It was poorly worded. To me it read like an attack. Ok. S**t happens. (It doesn't help that I think I'm being trolled in another thread, but I'm not sure and I don't know why there, either. I also have baggage attached to Forum things. So I admit to reading with a filter.)

All's good. No worries.

• Like 2