Hidden private parts in G rated land

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wow, SLink guys can't detach their bits?  How...fraught.

Talli, I agree with most here that the person who complained to you was nosy and rude.  That said, I have always recommended that people remove their genital attachments entirely, rather than relying on scripted transparency to "hide" them (or, in your case, your clothing).  One should, in my view, only attach your bits when about to use them.

I was told that the male slink actually can not detach it's bits and I know firsthand that avatar 2 needs some modding to prevent the bigger breasts to poke through your clothing (they are scripted so bad you even see them when you turn hardware skinning off - well at least they remain an unskinned white in that state)... 

That being said I wore Ava 2 before I found out about that hardware skinning bug in many G rated sims and never heard a complaint.

Edited by Fionalein

14 hours ago, Talligurl said:

It was mainland actually

Ah,ok..

Yea,I'd tell him to shush..That or the other thing I said then.. Unless they feel like paying for my internet and second life..Then I'll give them a little bit of control..Otherwise,they'll get part of my attention for a moment or none of it at all and I'll act like I didn't even hear them..

Which most times depending on the mood,I'll just not hear them..

Not that I wear bit's or anything,because I don't..But just don't care for anyone trying to mold my SL for their SL.. Not gonna happen on public land..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

3 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Mainland is no different to other land. Land owners make the rules for their land, and can enforce them.

If it's not public land I'll respect their wishes..I always have and always will..

If it's one of those loony tunes that walks around on public land trying to be pushy and controlling.. That's who I have no time for..

Ok, but walking around the mainland is one thing. Being in a place that's on the mainland is different. Talligurl didn't say what it was she was visiting, but she did say that it was a place, and not just wandering around on the mainland. I can understand the owners/managers of many places asking her to remove 'bits' that were on show, even if they only showed during certain movements/positions. She didn't suggest that she was wearing a long skirt that would require an 'upskirt' to see anything. Her silence on that, when its length was mentioned, does make it seem that it was a short, sometimes possibly revealing, skirt.

The person who asked her to remove the 'bit' was silly though. "Cover up please" was the thing to ask.

ETA: Example from many years ago. I was dancing with a girl who wore a short skirt with nothing underneath it. The dance animation revealed everything, but not all the time. When I mentioned it, it was news to her. She simply wasn't aware that everything was on show sometimes.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

What happens if you're a guy using the slink male body where the prop is built in, and only turns "100% transparent" when you hide it...?

19 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I was told that the male slink actually can not detach it's bits...

I have the Slink male body. First of all, nobody would ever turn that thing opaque. It looks like it belongs on Mr. Magoo. Possibly his nose.

Second, it's transparent in a way that makes it undetectable by mere Control-Alt-T. Only if you select the body will the wireframe outline appear as part of the mesh.

(I was given to understand that for attached mesh only, surfaces are completely unrendered if they're merely set 100% transparent, so maybe that's how they're invisible with Highlight Transparent. That's in contrast to unattached objects -- and every attached mesh object I've actually tried myself -- for which Highlight Transparent doesn't show alpha-masked surfaces below the masking threshold. Pretty sure if I were hiding attached naughty bits, I'd use alpha-masked textures.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

(I was given to understand that for attached mesh only, surfaces are completely unrendered if they're merely set 100% transparent, so maybe that's how they're invisible with Highlight Transparent. That's in contrast to unattached objects -- and every attached mesh object I've actually tried myself -- for which Highlight Transparent doesn't show alpha-masked surfaces below the masking threshold. Pretty sure if I were hiding attached naughty bits, I'd use alpha-masked textures.)

Attached mesh set to 100% transparent will still cause the alpha glitch because that forces 'blended transparent' even though it's 100%... I think it might also sometimes factor in to avatar complexity cost.

Putting the 'default transparency texture' on the same surface, and setting it to 'alpha map' instead of blended, with the alpha map number of 255 - THAT will completely hide it from alpha glitches AND hides the 'transparency texture' from the complexity formula.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Ok, but walking around the mainland is one thing. Being in a place that's on the mainland is different. Talligurl didn't say what it was she was visiting, but she did say that it was a place, and not just wandering around on the mainland. I can understand the owners/managers of many places asking her to remove 'bits' that were on show, even if they only showed during certain movements/positions. She didn't suggest that she was wearing a long skirt that would require an 'upskirt' to see anything. Her silence on that, when its length was mentioned, does make it seem that it was a short, sometimes possibly revealing, skirt.

The person who asked her to remove the 'bit' was silly though. "Cover up please" was the thing to ask.

ETA: Example from many years ago. I was dancing with a girl who wore a short skirt with nothing underneath it. The dance animation revealed everything, but not all the time. When I mentioned it, it was news to her. She simply wasn't aware that everything was on show sometimes.

As I said,

If it's not public land I'll respect their wishes..I always have and always will..

If it's one of those loony tunes that walks around on public land trying to be pushy and controlling.. That's who I have no time for..

I'm well aware that people own land and places on mainland..

I'm also aware that there are those that don't,that act like they own mainland or SL..

Sometimes they even wear super hero outfits..

hehehehe

• Like 2

As an aside, An Aeros will auto hide when you enter a g rated sim.

As for female genitalia, I personally use the RL standard. If you can't see my private parts when you are standing facing me, they are hidden. I'm not responsible  if some perv cams up my skirt to see what's there.

I generally avoid g rated sims like the plague. In my opinion, they are a total waste of server space.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.