Take a word leave a word (game)

Derekmate

Victorianna, I see you've been been confused by my three word post. The rules of the game (which many of us have been bending a little) are that each post has two words, one of which is from the post above it. I'd intended my two words to be "Stone Mountain" with "Rag" being ignored, as it's more of a genre descriptor than part of the song title. I do the same for blues tunes. No worries about posting three words, my rule bending has confused more than you. If you post more than two words, it'll be up to us to discern which two are your intended pair.

Okay, that said, your three words were all apparently mined from a rich vein of tunes, as I was able to find these, in addition to my original Stone Mountain Rag...

As if that's not fantastic enough, Pilot Mountain Rag is from an album titled "Blues Favorites".

So, that's:

Stone Mountain (Blues, and a reversion to Stone Mountain Rag)
Temple Mountain (Blues and Rag)
Pilot Mountain (Rag, from a Blues album)

So now I've twisted the rules in a knot, providing three word pairs to work from. Pick one and go!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
I keep finding more tunes!
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Victorianna, I see you've been been confused by my three word post. The rules of the game (which many of us have been bending a little) are that each post has two words, one of which is from the post above it. I'd intended my two words to be "Stone Mountain" with "Rag" being ignored, as it's more of a genre descriptor than part of the song title. I do the same for blues tunes. No worries about posting three words, my rule bending has confused more than you. If you post more than two words, it'll be up to us to discern which two are your intended pair.

Okay, that said, your three words were all apparently mined from a rich vein of tunes, as I was able to find these, in addition to my original Stone Mountain Rag...

As if that's not fantastic enough, Pilot Mountain Rag is from an album titled "Blues Favorites".

So, that's:

Stone Mountain (Blues, and a reversion to Stone Mountain Rag)
Temple Mountain (Blues and Rag)
Pilot Mountain (Rag, from a Blues album)

So now I've twisted the rules in a knot, providing three word pairs to work from. Pick one and go!

I vote we expand the rules to include  '3 word phases'  when they usually go together like:-

7 hours ago, Victorianna Writer said:

Stone Temple Pilots

My reasons are

1) Because they naturally come together

2) Two word phases are beginning to run out of originality

3) Three words offers more options for the next player (though I do think we should proceed with 2 as the golden rule, in fairness to the OP who started this game ) 

4) There is something magical about the number 3

5) Bugger, I should have stuck to three bullet points rather than these 4 or 5).

Anyway, what do the rest of you think? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CheriColette said:

I vote we expand the rules to include  '3 word phases'  when they usually go together like:-

My reasons are

1) Because they naturally come together

2) Two word phases are beginning to run out of originality

3) Three words offers more options for the next player (though I do think we should proceed with 2 as the golden rule, in fairness to the OP who started this game ) 

4) There is something magical about the number 3

5) Bugger, I should have stuck to three bullet points rather than these 4 or 5).

Anyway, what do the rest of you think? 

I think you could make it 3 bullet points by combining 1 and 4 like this:

because they naturally come together in a magical way

or

because they magically come together naturally

or

Because they naturally come together and there is something magical about the number 3

• Thanks 2