Redeliver or refund?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here is the situation:

On November 16, I purchased a skin from a shop with a very fine reputation. I will not name the shop here for some will think I am naming and shaming. That is not my intent.

After making the purchase, I went home and attempted to apply the new skin. In the process, I inadvertently corrupted the applier, making it impossible to set the new skin. I went back to the shop and checked the redeliver system, hoping I could simply get it resent. They have two redeliver systems in place and and neither one shows this purchase or one I made months ago (my current skin).  The last purchase it shows happened last year. Again, the other redeliver shows nothing.

I climb on to group chat and get a representative to IM me. I explained what happened and she sent me a "Redeliver/Refund" NC which I promptly fill out with all pertinent info and send it to both names listed on the NC. It asks to give them 24 hours to get back to me. I have no problem with that, I'll give them a few days if need be. No rush, I do have a skin on as it were. The few days come and go and I get *crickets*. A week goes by and "please Mr Postman, look and see, is there a letter in your bag for me?" goes through my head. Still hear nothing.

Two weeks comes up, I send a second request, using the original "Redeliver/Refund" NC (but edited showing it to be a second request). I crawl back to group chat and get the same representative from the first chat. She suggests I send in a second request (done already) and she would note this and pass it on to someone else. My patience is thin now, hence my question(s):

Am I being unreasonable in giving this shop all this time to help rectify the situation or come Friday, the third week will pass with no results (the NC asks to give them 24 hours to respond)? How long does one have to wait, especially when the shop doesn't show recent purchases in their redeliver system?

Thoughts/ideas?

In case no one got the above reference:

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, CharlieMack said:

I purchased a skin from a shop with a very fine reputation

and the store will continue to have a very fine reputation because nobody is allowed to name and shame. I believe most of these big skin shops only sell inworld anyway, so the new redelivery system wouldn't work. Nobody can rate it, so it's a gamble. You rely on a 'very fine reputation', which comes from what?

I would just continue sending messages, but I can understand how stressful it would be to just wait for that response.

• Like 1

There is not much you can do. I guess it was a special offer Those are often not linked to the vendour systems and so have no redelivery. Sorry that my repsonse only helps you understand why, but won't be helpful in getting you  the skin you payed for.

2 hours ago, CharlieMack said:

I went home and attempted to apply the new skin. In the process, I inadvertently corrupted the applier, making it impossible to set the new skin.

do you have the rigth body?  and i wonder how you manage to destroy a applier.
Was it a gacha skin? or transferable? ... your post gives more questions than answers for me. :)

Just now, Ethan Paslong said:

Was it a gacha skin? or transferable? ... your post gives more questions than answers for me. :)

you can accidentaly unpack a no copy applier

4 hours ago, CharlieMack said:

Am I being unreasonable in giving this shop all this time to help rectify the situation or come Friday, the third week will pass with no results (the NC asks to give them 24 hours to respond)? How long does one have to wait, especially when the shop doesn't show recent purchases in their redeliver system?

Thoughts/ideas?

If the shop hasn't given you a manual redelivery in over three weeks, the chances of them giving you a manual refund is probably close to zero. So I'd be patient, and if you've not heard back by friday, then try speaking to the rep again and make it clear that the redelivery notecard got you no response twice in the past etc.

It's the downside of LL's "hands off" policy towards the economy; all of the consumer rights and protections that you enjoy in any first world country don't exist here.

20 hours ago, Fionalein said:

There is not much you can do. I guess it was a special offer Those are often not linked to the vendour systems and so have no redelivery. Sorry that my repsonse only helps you understand why, but won't be helpful in getting you  the skin you payed for.

Not a special offer. Purchased the skin off the shelf. As I mentioned in the op, this stores redelivery system does not show my current purchase or the one I bought a few months ago. The last purchase it shows by me dates to 2017.

20 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Yes, I have the proper body and head style the skin was designed for. It was not a gacha item nor transferable.

16 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Does your transaction record show the purchase?

Yes, I copied and pasted the info to the NC that was given to me ("Redelivery/Refund request")

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I had a similar issue months back - might even be the same store, as the process sounds identical.  After a month and 3 submissions of the notecard, I wrote it off.  Luckily, it was a sale purchase, so my loss wasn't huge.

It just might be the same store. If the process sounds identical to a previous problem you encountered, I'd bet the rent it is the same store we're talking about. In my case, I payed full price (850L$) for the skin.

I can be patient to a fault, but vendors have to understand the concept, "give good service, the customer tells five people. Give bad service, the customer tells ten people".

• Like 1

I'm surprised a texture applier can be corrupted at all. That would be bad applier/texture UUID transfer design. Have you tried resetting the script(s) inside the applier?

I'm also surprised the transaction wasn't logged in the vendor system, but the product was delivered nonetheless. A good vendor system only does the second when the first has been internally confirmed.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

9 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

or use a very "famous" website that's known for the public naming

I'm intrigued now.

What is this "famous" website? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Have you given them the relevant L$ transaction number for assistance? If they can't confirm the L$ transaction, they're likely not to reply at all or refer you to the SL tech support department.

On another note, I'm surprised a texture applier can be corrupted at all. That would be bad applier/texture UUID transfer design. Have you tried resetting the script(s) inside the applier?

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, I copied and pasted the transaction info from my transaction page. I've gone as far as grabbing a screenshot incase the transaction falls off, since transactions only go back about 28 days.

For resetting the scripts, I hadn't thought of that. Even if it works, the problem still remains of unable to get prompt and courtesy service in requesting redelivery.

Edited by CharlieMack

39 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I'm surprised a texture applier can be corrupted at all. That would be bad applier/texture UUID transfer design.

Or paranoia, you could design it so that the UUID only exists in script memory, not a NC. Fear makes people do stupid things.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CharlieMack said:

SLU?

Yes you can name and shame on SLU/VV1 but be very careful of how you word it and be prepared to be interrogated thoroughly.

sluniverse.com does redirct to VV1. Don't think Cris has the archive up yet.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

On 12/4/2018 at 7:23 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I had a similar issue months back - might even be the same store, as the process sounds identical.  After a month and 3 submissions of the notecard, I wrote it off.  Luckily, it was a sale purchase, so my loss wasn't huge.

It only took 3 weeks and a day or two to finally get some attention.

I filed three requests (third one tonight) and a short chat with their shop rep to FINALLY get a redelivery. I will blame myself for the mistake of wonking the applier in the first place and the timing of the holiday offerings the shop is giving their group members. They have been busy which is good for them. They could upgrade their redelivery system too.

My advice is if one has a redelivery problem, send an NC explaining the problem. Be diplomatic, yet stern and have some patience stashed away just in case.

\o/ case closed :D

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CharlieMack said:

It only took 3 weeks and a day or two to finally get some attention.

I filed three requests (third one tonight) and a short chat with their shop rep to FINALLY get a redelivery. I will blame myself for the mistake of wonking the applier in the first place and the timing of the holiday offerings the shop is giving their group members. They have been busy which is good for them. They could upgrade their redelivery system too.

My advice is if one has a redelivery problem, send an NC explaining the problem. Be diplomatic, yet stern and have some patience stashed away just in case.

\o/ case closed :D

And my advice is to read the profile to see how the creator wants to be contacted.

there is no reason to be “stern”.Just include all details requested.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.