Winter Swaginator

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Sorry about the problems, folks.   There have been a series of weird problems that didn't show up in testing and which I investigating one by one.   

Anyway, it's now -- 3:53 pm SLT on Saturday -- working again.   I really hope it stays that way!

thanks for trying to keep it up

To The Lindens and The Moles:

About 2-3 hours go I finally found the gift box.

I found out about this from TP message, went to the online news announcement for Winter Swaginator, got your map SLURL/LM TP and got sent to the Portal.  It's not clear what you do next.  

I just turned 11 on my rez day on Nov 6 and I still had trouble figuring it out so for noobs it must be like WTF?

When I finally found the Winter Wonderland portal the first time it flashed the experience pop up but not long enough to say yes.   

I tried again and was able to TP into WW where I got the swaginator from the sign.  I couldn't read the sign right away, it was very slow to rez but I figured sign in middle of landing area, touch it...  .

Once in WW, I knew from asking in Builder's Brewery group what area the gift was located in -- snowball area which I had trouble at first finding until I saw the signs.  Even following the signs was rather confusing but eventually, made it to the Snowball Arena.

Found the gift on a bridge however, shortly after I got the gift and it showed up on the swaginator, the gift disappeared so all the people after me were like, where is it?  Did it move or is it gone?

Many people had sadz...

So, Lindens and Moles.

This is NOT an easy hunt/gift find like SL15B was.   If you want people to spend a considerable amount of time trying to figure this out and then searching two sims for gifts, it would be very helpful (and less frustrating) if you could provide more specific clues AND leave the gifts up for at least 10 days.  

I only found out about the hunt yesterday so if the first gift "expired" just after I was lucky enough to tag it, then I have no doubt many other people are totally unaware of the winter swaginator or if they just found out, and figured it all out, they are very disappointed to find there is no gift.  Unless it moves.  Then you NEED to put that in the info online and inworld.

Also, where do you get a premium token for the snowboards?  That was totes not clear.

Suggestions to make this experience a lot more enjoyable:

1. More info online and inworld on how to access Winter Wonderland (go to WW portal, touch portal door/whatever, get experience window, say yes to the experience to TP to WW)

2. Once in WW, the HUD signs are clear once they rez.  So touch sign to get HUD, wear it.  (You might consider putting MESH letters above the signs that say HUD which would rez faster than the textures on the signs).

3. Once HUD sign is touched, provide more detailed HUNT location information to find the gifts.  

4. Leave gifts out for at lest 10-14 days to allow for people to figure all this out and find them.  

6. If you move gifts to different locations during their individual 7+ days, please let people know both online and inworld that they moved and what area they moved to.

7. The Snowball Arena should be nicknamed the land of frozen molars/teeth.  😄

8.  Please have instructions by the snowboard dispenser on how/where to get the premium member token.  I didn't see anything that gave out one.

9. Last but not least: Thank you for making all of this. I realize it's a lot of work.  I like the fun surprises here and there and over and under. 😮

10.  I am so going to snowball you. 😄  

Edited by Pixels Sideways
changes
  • Like 1

No, it didn't expire yet. By now carefull empirical testing revealed to inquisitive residenst that it just moves up to 1290m in the same location. With all the duct tape not working it would have been easier to place a platform up there and put up a sign "TP to swaginator gift skybox" LOL. But yeah... as today is last day this won't happen and a lot of folks will be pissed. Dear @Patch Lindenand DLPW as this hunt had a bad start indeed, please give folks a chance to get their items by keeping it available some additional days. Not everyone who sees the blog post will also check out the forums or be willing to break the rules with flight override to do this hunt. They also are not on 24/7 to check for updates on the hunt.

PS: I begin to suspect this is part of a big fundraiser campaign to make sure next year's "bid the LIndens bald" charity auction will be "won" by the LDPW team :D

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Yeah, part of the problem (I am guessing from the script names) is they are tracking the name of everyone who clicks it. Stack-Heap collisions, yay.

Errr that can happen in an external database... it worked much better last swaginator. I doubt they changed a working script.

Edited by Fionalein

On 11/24/2018 at 6:54 PM, Quartz Mole said:

Sorry about the problems, folks.   There have been a series of weird problems that didn't show up in testing and which I investigating one by one.   

Anyway, it's now -- 3:53 pm SLT on Saturday -- working again.   I really hope it stays that way!

Have you considered making the box non-physical / locked in place on the ground?

5 minutes ago, Magnek Fang said:

Well, at least the summer thing had the boxes up on time :/

it is out now - and has a mole next to it and only reacts vere rarely because the sim is busy

PS: It might be easier to just man a booth with a mole 24/7 to hand out the gifts to anyone asking in local ;)

Edited by Fionalein

Quartz is here but afk I think.

And someone here told me she got the 2nd week's gift, which is 'armchair, table, sofa and tray with mugs'.  So I'm clicking again to see if that works :D

After detaching and re-attaching the HUD, and clicking several times, I got gift 2.  Hope that helps, Quartz :D

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

Update:  I just picked up Gift #2 -- it's a much easier clue/find.   

The gift box at the second location gave the gift but it didn't register on the HUD.   >>> Detaching and re-attaching the HUD worked.  

Gift #2 is def different content than Gift #1.  

To check the contents, just add the gift box you received from your inventory to your avatar and it will auto open and send the contents in a folder to your inventory when you select Keep.  Then you can check the contents asap at the location.

Gift #2 is much improved and better experience than Gift #1 - which I hope they are still offering to folks as that one was totes confusing.

ADDED:   Still can't find where the Premium Tokens to wear are for the "special" skates and snowboards.  Does anyone know?  Lindens?  Moles?  

Meanwhile...

2018-sl-winterwonderland-b_017.png

Edited by Pixels Sideways
changes

Hmmm, A bit of unfair Linden sponsored traffic funneling there. How does one get into this FIC scam of the lab sending people to a private rental estate? Favourtism like this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. The Lab should not, MUST not favour any private venture over others in an official event.

Also... Damned bugs... My progress HUD has not progressed! Does this mean I am screwed for the final gift of the hunt?

9edfc67512609a1c112c3f1c31797383.png.5216ac05173bf817ad356de69cd7447c.png

Come on Moles. If you are not up to the job stand aside and let other people do it. Preferably with someone who won't funnel residents to a private rental region!

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.