SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

10 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

My favorite handsfree transportation involves having a friend at the wheel driving while I enjoy being a backseat driver. :D 

Shoot me an IM then! If I'm inworld, me and my Manji Ise-Tan car are at your disposal :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

If they are acceptable on Mainland what's the problem in Belli?  Whatever the objection for not having them in Belli should be the exact same reason they shouldn't be on Mainland either. 

You're right, I don't like them on Mainland either!  But actually, what @SanFroggy is requesting is not endlessly cycling pods like on mainland (which are like a RL bus system, endlessly running the routes, ugh), she was asking for ON-DEMAND tours. Every one rezzed would actually be used.  I have no objection to those, particularly if the "vehicle" used didn't look like a pod but like something more interesting. 

The real limiting factor is what @Polenth Yue says above: defining a whole bunch of routes to various destinations in Belli would be a big task.  I've done one set of ferries in Sakura.  [By the way, thank you all of the folks who have used them!]  I use my own (KeyFramedMotion) scripts, and defining the routes is very easy for me.  But even so, the longer route (goes through 15 or more regions) took about an hour to plan and do.  Since I don't spend a lot of time inworld lately, didn't bother to redo a couple of segments to make them really smooth or correct  an approach, which of course would have taken yet moar time.

I was going to redecorate a couple of my homes before doing more, but I think I'll do some tours from Dimanche soon, rather than finishing the furnishing :)  Maybe I'll make one of them amphibious.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

You're right, I don't like them on Mainland either!  But actually, what @SanFroggy is requesting is not endlessly cycling pods like on mainland (which are like a RL bus system, endlessly running the routes, ugh), she was asking for ON-DEMAND tours. Every one rezzed would actually be used.  I have no objection to those, particularly if the "vehicle" used didn't look like a pod but like something more interesting. 

The real limiting factor is what @Polenth Yue says above: defining a whole bunch of routes to various destinations in Belli would be a big task.  I've done one set of ferries in Sakura.  [By the way, thank you all of the folks who have used them!]  I use my own (KeyFramedMotion) scripts, and defining the routes is very easy for me.  But even so, the longer route (goes through 15 or more regions) took about an hour to plan and do.  Since I don't spend a lot of time inworld lately, didn't bother to redo a couple of segments to make them really smooth or correct  an approach, which of course would have taken yet moar time.

I was going to redecorate a couple of my homes before doing more, but I think I'll do some tours from Dimanche soon, rather than finishing the furnishing :)  Maybe I'll make one of them amphibious.

I don't have anything against any kind of on-demand vehicles anywhere at all.  I even have a couple at my airstrip.  When I joined the conversation it seemed like it had steered in the direction of discussing the endlessly generated pods of Mainland and whether that was good for Belli.  My comments were really only about that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

You're right, I don't like them on Mainland either!  But actually, what @SanFroggy is requesting is not endlessly cycling pods like on mainland (which are like a RL bus system, endlessly running the routes, ugh), she was asking for ON-DEMAND tours. Every one rezzed would actually be used. 

The P.A.Ts that go from the train station at the Linden home demo region through 15 regions of the Log district to the Bellihub region do exactly that. I've tried it, haven't had a Bellihub P.A.T get farther than between Harvest Market and Man Overboard yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

I think the mainland pods are a lot more "in-theme" on Belli than these P.A.T.'s. What's not "in-theme" about little egg-shaped pods with suitable liveries that morph into boats or balloons? With some texture adjustments and swapping they can be in-theme anywhere.

I like the shape too and think they are cute 🥰 I Agree its more the texture that is a bit ugly… otherwise i love them and often use them. I seldom explore Belli as i rarely find rez zones But maybee its old Belli? Newer areas do have more i guess? Oh well, each to their own 🙂

Thirteen new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today.

Ten of them contain Ranch houses, while the other three are empty Homestead sims, like at Blind Pete and Overall.

Ranchexpansion20July2023.thumb.png.167085a9be58649ec5064cd5bfcbf060.png

The thirteen new regions are named as:

Polka Time

Redpath Quarry, Always Saturday, Parsimony, French Kiln, Deaf Mule

Klikitat, Flapjack, Briar Hill (Homestead), Bobcat Ridge (Homestead), Junco (Homestead)

Cradle Rock, Tubman

Homestead regions each have a 5,000 prim allowance and a 20 person capacity.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Well, I was mainly being tongue-in-cheek in the way I phrased what I put.  So, to turn this the other way around and demonstrate this isn't about doing anything out of spite.  If they are acceptable on Mainland what's the problem in Belli?  Whatever the objection for not having them in Belli should be the exact same reason they shouldn't be on Mainland either.  If there is no objection for one, then there shouldn't be any objection to the other.

This is also tongue-in-cheek:
Take that to an extreme, we accept everything that is on Mainland. Before you know it, there would be visible skyboxes everywhere. 

In my humble opinion, just because something is the way it is on Mainland, it should definitely not be a reason to introduce it elsewhere. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

This is also tongue-in-cheek:
Take that to an extreme, we accept everything that is on Mainland. Before you know it, there would be visible skyboxes everywhere.

That's a mighty fine slippery slope fallacy you're sporting there :D Everyone knows that things don't have to end up at extremes due to one simple step in a particular direction.

5 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

That's a mighty fine slippery slope fallacy you're sporting there :D Everyone knows that things don't have to end up at extremes due to one simple step in a particular direction.

If they are acceptable on Mainland what's the problem in Belli?  Whatever the objection for not having them in Belli should be the exact same reason they shouldn't be on Mainland either.  If there is no objection for one, then there shouldn't be any objection to the other.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

If they are acceptable on Mainland what's the problem in Belli?  Whatever the objection for not having them in Belli should be the exact same reason they shouldn't be on Mainland either.  If there is no objection for one, then there shouldn't be any objection to the other.

It seems that the only person objecting is you:

26 minutes ago, Johnny Giotto said:

In my humble opinion, just because something is the way it is on Mainland, it should definitely not be a reason to introduce it elsewhere. 

I was merely pointing out that regardless of whether there are or are not objections things don't necessarily follow to extremes just because of one thing.

3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Thirteen new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today. Ten of them contain Ranch houses, while the other three are empty Homestead sims, like at Blind Pete and Overall.

None of the thirteen new regions are accessible to Residents as of yet (03:00 SLT, 21st July 2023).

Polka Time

Klikitat, Flapjack, Briar Hill (Homestead), Bobcat Ridge (Homestead), Junco (Homestead)

Cradle Rock, Tubman

Thank you for the map update and the list of names. This kinda got lost in the debate of pods in belli... but I for one really appreciate this info and find it very helpful.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Thirteen new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today. Ten of them contain Ranch houses, while the other three are empty Homestead sims, like at Blind Pete and Overall.

None of the thirteen new regions are accessible to Residents as of yet (03:00 SLT, 21st July 2023).

Polka Time

Cradle Rock, Tubman

I'm gonna guess now that the next 2048 m theme will go in North of this one (separated by a river channel). I hadn't realized before that there is a water channel of Protected Linden Water connecting the Sea of Fables with the Eastern coast of Sansara. The Eastern end of that channel would be an ideal place to connect the 2048 m subcontinent to old mainland.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I hadn't realized before that there is a water channel of Protected Linden Water connecting the Sea of Fables with the Eastern coast of Sansara. The Eastern end of that channel would be an ideal place to connect the 2048 m subcontinent to old mainland.

The water channel you spoke of (between the Sea of Fables and Sansara's east coast) is called "The East River", it's estuary is located in Bleaberry Tarn.

My old map of Sansara's main waterways I drew in April 2022:

1523094676_Futurethemes2.thumb.png.57481d7ae421c5897f657a9eb537b3be.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Up in the SSP development zone, another 3 SSP45xx regions have been added to the previous 3.  New theme? Maaaaybe!

image.png.7e9c1c591c13e1692db3d6d2c3db0d3e.png

14 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The P.A.Ts that go from the train station at the Linden home demo region through 15 regions of the Log district to the Bellihub region do exactly that. I've tried it, haven't had a Bellihub P.A.T get farther than between Harvest Market and Man Overboard yet

Thank you for mentioning this!  I took the ride, it worked fine for me.  The route takes about 12 minutes and is very nice.  I loved the stunning display of roadside flowers in Porcelain Doll.

I used a rez distance of 160 with my rather weak graphics card, sometimes region crossings in densely decorated regions can be a little rocky if your rez distance is long and you're on a fairly swift-moving vehicle like the PAT/pod.  The PAT system is physical, so seems to be a true vehicle (unlike my tour scripts), tho I assume its motion is probably done using SetPos, not physical movement.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I hadn't realized before that there is a water channel of Protected Linden Water connecting the Sea of Fables with the Eastern coast of Sansara. The Eastern end of that channel would be an ideal place to connect the 2048 m subcontinent to old mainland.

Yes! We have been lobbying to get this connection for a long time as it completes what many sailors consider to be connecting the continents. The East River is navigable but one must be careful to avoid banlines and orbs, some of which have no visible demarcations. Recommend  using the mini map with parcel lines turned on.

• Like 7

I explored the regions near the East River on Satori, and see plenty of Linden owned regions and parcels, though not another great waterway besides the East River and the Sea of Fables. There are also the Linden Village regions, Linden-User meeting areas and other areas of public interest.

Here's some speculation on where the next 2048 m homes might go to connect them to this part of grid. There's plenty of space. It just comes down to having the fewest possible connecting water regions, and not having those next to privately held parcels, if possible. Look at the connection between the House Boats and Chiffre as an example. There are a few properties that benefit by having new Linden water next to them, but the greater benefit is access to the new Linden road. 

July26-Future2048region_001.thumb.jpg.769610e9b1d5446786e5766e953093a9.jpg

The yellow lines give a rough idea of how much space there is here for further expansion of the Belli Home regions. The green area is where I think the next 2048 homes might go - but I don't think they'll have to be on a single land mass. The blue squares show where new Linden water regions could be added.

Now, given that the project name for the next homes is Thousand Island Dressing, what if they end up being on a series of islands, rather than on one big land mass? not as much water as the Stilt Homes and House Boats, but maybe a series of large islands, not a thousand, but maybe 10?

• Like 5

I'm hoping that the island region of Strong Angel will get moved, as I can see its current position could potentially conflict with a future Bellisseria expansion in the north and also with possible coastal routes to Sansara's East River estuary in Bleaberry Tarn.

StrongAngel.thumb.png.fa27023d8714914f675138ec76989a79.png

I'd also like LL to make the corner parcels of Torver or Pine Coast (or both!) into protected waterways, which would allow boats to move through or around Sansara by an alternative northern route via Carmichael.

That way, we get to sail to northern Sansara and southern Heterocera continents too.

Futurethemes3.png.2f8a56992098aa952e6f4c5bb3e828d2.png

• Like 6

5 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I'm hoping that the active island region of Strong Angel will get moved, as I can see its current position could potentially conflict with a future Bellisseria expansion in the north and with possible coastal routes to Sansara's East River estuary in Bleaberry Tarn.

StrongAngel.thumb.png.fa27023d8714914f675138ec76989a79.png

I'd also like LL to make the corner parcels of Torver or Pine Coast (or both!) into protected waterways, which would allow boats to move through or around Sansara by an alternative northern route via Carmichael.

Strong Angel might be some kind of special case. I don't know why it hasn't been moved, but it's a disaster relief simulation region that seems to be at least paid for, if not actively in use. There may be a reason that LL plans to leave it where it is. The Belli homes can still go around it.

Torver and Pine Coast don't seem to have a way through to Carmichael currently, but I agree it would be good if there were a water route through.

Likewise, Bleaberry Tarn doesn't have a northern way through to the East River from the Linden Water region there, despite it having some costal Linden held land. 

It's easy for me to obsess on privately held parcels that block potential Linden roads and waterways, but I don't think LL is ever going to force people to move them, even though they technically could. It's going to be messy enough getting the people in the old Linden Homes to move. Oh, the wailing and complaining when that happens!

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I explored the regions near the East River on Satori, and see plenty of Linden owned regions and parcels, though not another great waterway besides the East River and the Sea of Fables.

The Sea of Fables IS the biggest block of protected water at an elevation of 20m in Sansara, but there are also many smaller navigable areas connected by channels (some treacherous but navigable) which allow us to sail all over Sansara and reach Heterocera via the ANWR connector.

Bleaberry Tarn/Harter Fell IS the place to connect Sansara... the key question is what will LL do. There are three options, the first being not connecting. The second is to add water regions up the east coast and connect to Old Bellisseria. This would grant protected water access to existing edge parcels, fundamentally changing their monetary value. When faced with a similar situation on the west coast of Satori, LL opted to NOT do it... they created the connection from Belli to Satori (and the Blake) via Stromberg. Note that the connection to the southern Satori tip is NOT a Blake connector (but it is nice).

The third option is drawn on Peresphone's map above (thank you). This involves expanding the Ranch home regions to the northwest and perhaps continuing in that direction with a new Thousand Island theme. The problem is the coastal edging that would be required. I have not counted, but this would be ALOT of regions. They put houseboats on the Log region coastal edges but, so far, I see no evidence of that happening with the Ranch. So I am concerned that, at best, it may be a long time (years) before this "connect the continents" path is completed.

If Thousand Island were a water-based theme similar to the Stilts,  that might address the non-revenue-generating-coastal-edge problem. Time will tell.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Now, given that the project name for the next homes is Thousand Island Dressing, what if they end up being on a series of islands, rather than on one big land mass? not as much water as the Stilt Homes and House Boats, but maybe a series of large islands, not a thousand, but maybe 10?

After the ranches, it wouldn't be surprising if the next theme were a water one.  BUT ... I had the impression that Patch dreamed up the 'salad dressing' theme name idea on the fly; I wouldn't read too much into "thousand island".

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

New regions have been added to the North of the Ranch Homes. They seem to have skipped the SSP naming stage. Some homes are already being claimed. They're not showing on the map yet, but here are the region names:

Top Row:   Buzzard, Thunderthud, Mink Julep, Mighty Dog.

Next Row:  Muskrat Love, Peggy's Roost, Rising Gorge, Pine Gulch

From Polka Time Eastward:  empty region (I can't get the name), Last Shot, Nuthatch, Sweet Adeline

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Top Row:   Buzzard, Thunderthud, Mink Julep, Mighty Dog.

Next Row:  Muskrat Love, Peggy's Roost, Rising Gorge, Pine Gulch

From Polka Time Eastward:  empty region (I can't get the name), Last Shot, Nuthatch, Sweet Adeline

STILL! No MeowMeow, Catzer, Catnip, Kitten Poop, Meowzer, etc., etc.

cb784dd1e8a7158430a8473cb5ebcba3.jpg

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2