SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I think I've finally made up my mind which house I'll move into first. I've even mapped out how I will mod the house. 

The first room is small but I think I can fit a nice little office-lounge area here:

1027591348_officelounge_001.thumb.png.8553a5a8dbbb6b1cb45dd498ca5c00de.png

The back room is a good size and will have plenty of room for a nice kitchen and dining area. I love the french doors and the windows.

kitchen_001.thumb.png.e8555b4b16ea1737ae6107bab756a300.png

I plan to make a large terrace just outside those doors.

terrace_001.thumb.png.b6c4a79e9cf5795e0d6eead5d2f03c70.png

Then upstairs I'll do a major reno adding a bathroom and closet.

1465437536_bathcloset_001.thumb.png.1bf1423f6459c44de1bee8f0610a145f.png

It will leave just enough room for a little bedroom with a lovely view, hopefully of the water. 

bedroom_001.thumb.png.ab5a7c6432c5ca72a3bf2c65bf8f2dc1.png

And saving the best room for last

1830005176_bestroom_001.thumb.png.9c25dc9f8774392b7cfff635bbce8f48.png

I can't wait! If my land doesn't sell quickly enough I'll be adding 512 to my tier so I can move in right away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

not sure if those outdoor mods will be allowed ...

from the covenant:

- Residents must use one of the houses provided. Modification of the house itself beyond what is built into the controls is not possible. Additional buildings or structures are allowed as long as they are in theme and meet the height restrictions.

- Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher.

I will be using the provided textures to match the terrace to the house. It won't be an issue at all!

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That's because you are a known real estate person.  The process of selling abandoned land to folks cheaply just by asking is mostly to encourage Premium membership and encourage Mainland ownership, not to sell off land to be flipped for a profit.

Why should me being a "real estate person" affect anything? At the end of the day I am paying tier just like anyone else so my requests should be treated the same as a request from anyone else, not to mention you clearly have no idea what I do saying it's not to be flipped for a profit. In all my years on SL I have sold maybe 5 parcels ever (excluding any parcels I've sold for L$0), the majority of this would have been when I moved my office as I sold a few parcels around my old office at the time (after having them for a few years).

On 3/15/2019 at 10:12 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Here is the official land info from the land tab for those interested.  

- Your Linden Home may not be removed, modified, exchanged, set or deeded to group, or transferred. 

- Residents must use one of the houses provided. Modification of the house itself beyond what is built into the controls is not possible. Additional buildings or structures are allowed as long as they are in theme and meet the height restrictions.

12 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I will be using the provided textures to match the terrace to the house. It won't be an issue at all!

In the past the governance team treated annexes and addon parts as "modification" I'm to lazy to look it up but I remember I asked for exactly that...

4 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

In the past the governance team treated annexes and addon parts as "modification" I'm to lazy to look it up but I remember I asked for exactly that...

Perhaps you didn't read what I said. I don't plan to change anything on the house. That's simply not possible. That's why it says modifications are not allowed. I will be adding to .. not changing the actual house. I already talked with Patch about this. It's fine.

Maybe you are going by the old Linden Homes covenant. This one is different. I suggest you take the time to read it. It's already been posted in this thread. I believe Chic is the one who posted it. So you don't even have to log in to read it.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Maybe you are going by the old Linden Homes covenant. This one is different. I suggest you take the time to read it. It's already been posted in this thread. I believe Chic is the one who posted it. So you don't even have to log in to read it.

I see the difference .... oh wait there is none LOL

Enjoy

Edited by Fionalein

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

I see the difference .... oh wait there is none LOL

Enjoy

You are hilarious. That response was in regard to the 512s covenant ... do yourself a favor so you don't look like you're thick in the head and read the new one!! 

specifically this part .. which you will not find in the old covenant -----

27 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

- Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher.

Why in the world would they put in restrictions to other structures if you could not build them?

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

You are hilarious. That response was in regard to the 512s covenant ... do yourself a favor so you don't look like you're thick in the head and read the new one!! 

You didn't bother to read it, right? Read Keira's argumentation and compare the wording to the one I quoted above from the new covenant, ... some people ....

• Haha 1

The covenant for the old homes does have the line 'Linden Homes may not be removed, modified, exchanged, set or deeded to group, or transferred', but says nothing about outside structures at all.  

In the new covenant, since it does mention outside structures, I take the "may not be modified' part to mean that the house itself is 'no mod'.

Paging @Patch Linden -- With the new covenant and the statement about outside structures, could an enclosed patio be adding onto the house if it uses the proper textures and stays in theme?

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I take the "may not be modified' part to mean that the house itself is 'no mod'.

That's what I took it for too, but @Keira Linden saw that different.

And what I read into the new rules considering that additional info on interpretation is that you are allowed to add a shed unconnected to the house, but no annex...

@Patch Linden can we have some clarification on that please?

Edited by Fionalein

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The covenant for the old homes does have the line 'Linden Homes may not be removed, modified, exchanged, set or deeded to group, or transferred', but says nothing about outside structures at all.  

In the new covenant, since it does mention outside structures, I take the "may not be modified' part to mean that the house itself is 'no mod'.

Paging @Patch Linden -- With the new covenant and the statement about outside structures, could an enclosed patio be adding onto the house if it uses the proper textures and stays in theme?

@Patch Linden

The closed patio is a good question and I'd love the know the answer to that; however, what I am planning on is not a closed patio or annex. It's simply a slab of concrete, using the provided matching textures, laid over the small steps leading into the house. See the pic below.

terrace_001.thumb.png.826acc3a79f3d74ad8fbbc987c834612.png

Edited by Blush Bravin

34 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

@Patch Linden

The closed patio is a good question and I'd love the know the answer to that; however, what I am planning on is not a closed patio or annex. It's simply a slab of concrete, using the provided matching textures, laid over the small steps leading into the house. See the pic below.

terrace_001.thumb.png.826acc3a79f3d74ad8fbbc987c834612.png

Actually according to the new 1024 rules, you (that "anyone" you) could easily make a PORTICO that wasn't attached to the house (but with the same textures or "in the style of" ) which would be freestanding and completely within the rules as I read them. Close to the house but not attached.  I suspect that as long as enhancements look good and are in keep with they will be fine. 

But interested to hear what Patch says as the week begins again.  That's a nice texture on that house. I couldn't get anything to change for me when I was there but noted later that the textures HAD changed so assume it was "just me" :D

Edited by Chic Aeon

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

But interested to hear what Patch says as the week begins again.  That's a nice texture on that house. I couldn't get anything to change for me when I was there but noted later that the textures HAD changed so assume it was "just me" :D

I don't think any of the textures have changed. Maybe you didn't make it down the road far enough. This house is nearly the last house on the block. 

• Thanks 1

I hadn't even thought about an annex or attaching a structure to the house .. but now that you all have me thinking. I could do this as well and if the structure can't be attached directly then connecting with a small breezeway would be nice. I can imagine adding this structure and making a really nice kitchen with a ton of windows for this house.

wannex_001.thumb.png.963eb4a8de9db4e4132412bca96c4bb7.png

• Like 2

I think in the past we couldn't have extensions mostly due to lack of land to put it on and concerns about extending into public land or a neighbor's parcel.  The 512 homes exactly fit their 512 parcels.  The 1024s have yards around them.  I would think that as long as they stay in theme and in our own parcels, any additions we make shouldn't be an issue.

22 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Empty meaning, depopulate old Linden Homes?

Governance storm troopers land in an old housing region, the tannoys blare an authoritarian voice ordering people to assemble at their front doors.

Residents are rounded up street by street and taken in shiny black trucks to <0,0,20> like some distopian 1984/Farenheit 451 scenario.

Rendition sees them dropped in a new housing area, little kid avatars clutching their Soft Linden bears as "welcoming officials" induct them into their new life.

Governance, it's work done for the day, head back to the dungeon under the Linden Lab headquarters and open another 44 gallon drum of vodka as they return to the "My best friend called me a poopy head, so I muted her, and she started rezzing p0rn in my home" tickets.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Why should me being a "real estate person" affect anything? At the end of the day I am paying tier just like anyone else so my requests should be treated the same as a request from anyone else, not to mention you clearly have no idea what I do saying it's not to be flipped for a profit. In all my years on SL I have sold maybe 5 parcels ever (excluding any parcels I've sold for L$0), the majority of this would have been when I moved my office as I sold a few parcels around my old office at the time (after having them for a few years).

Well, probably this really belongs in another thread. But I have always figured that I am basically making a request for a favor when I asked them to sell me abandoned land. So I am really nice about it. And I also expect that they would prefer people to own and use the land rather than just flip it and sell it for profit. I'm always buying it to use it, so I tell them what I'm going to do with it. For example, one sailable abandoned land parcel I bought recently, I said was for a dock extension. And when they sold it to me I did indeed extend my dock and use it for additional boat docking space.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Female Winslet said:

Well, probably this really belongs in another thread. But I have always figured that I am basically making a request for a favor when I asked them to sell me abandoned land. So I am really nice about it. And I also expect that they would prefer people to own and use the land rather than just flip it and sell it for profit. I'm always buying it to use it, so I tell them what I'm going to do with it. For example, one sailable abandoned land parcel I bought recently, I said was for a dock extension. And when they sold it to me I did indeed extend my dock and use it for additional boat docking space.

As I already stated, I don’t buy to flip land for profit. The majority of my requests over the last 3 months have been parcels I wanted in order to preserve pathways, waterways, to ensure no one makes something out of theme in the space or in order to hold the land for neighbours until they can afford the tier. All of these reasons are for the benefit of others, not myself and yet I am still denied. The few that I have not submitted tickets for have been extensions on land I already own or to add to the prims of another parcel I own there. 

We are drifting a little off topic here, so I will say just this one post of the tangental subject, I'm in the same camp as Ms Winslet. I seem to have no problems picking up abandoned land, but I do treat it as a favour, so my tickets to support strongly reflect that.

However, The lab have a rule they won't allow indirect claim bordering protected and such land needs to go to auction. But there are cases they skip this, I have bought roadside/1x protected this way.

Some hints that might help you Hintswen; Say if you have a direct claim, indirect claim, or no claim to the land, this seems to save them work and helps in their triage. If you don't have a direct claim, mention what you want it for and how it will benefit the greater community.

As an example, I needed some extra LI attached onto one of my mainland parcels, there were a few 32m2 abandoned parcels in the region, my claim was indirect. I mentioned that I planned to use the extra LI to beautify the region with trees (which was true, and I did, although not to 100% capacity, I held back 10)

In your case, you say you were planning to hold them to ensure waterways were kept clear, state that of course to help your claim!

I know you are always charming, but still, phrase your ticket as if they are doing you a favour! certainly list it as "very low priority" in your first words to help their triage.

Good luck on your next attempt.

Edited by Shudo