Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can answer this. The main focus of Linden Homes is the homes themselves. One of the main features is that the home does not count against your parcel prim count. That cost is absorbed by the main pa

We've decided to delay releasing any campers or trailers at the moment, for obvious reasons, until hurricane Jorge passes.     In other news, our newklear operations are at fully r

Dogbone Island Municipal Airstrip is now open.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Coral Waters/105/147/22

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

:o Twelve years in SL and I didn't know this until today.

I'm almost 13 years in... I think I learned it way back in my first month or two. I've always called them regions, though I do call "region crossings" "sim crossings" because (I've basically presumed) many times crossing from one region to another is actually transferring you from one simulator (the machine that is hosting all the regions on it) to *another* simulator - think of it as a TP from Heterocera Atoll continent to Zindra continent - you are definitely being switched to a whole different block of hardware.

I am not a technonerd; I know just enough to almost not be dangerous LOL But I learned this stuff when I owned a few private regions in the past. The "Estate Owner" packet of information is amazing and really explains a lot about what is happening under the hood, as it were. Though a lot of that is fading for me, some of it sticks. :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tank Kwaszes said:

I know our community of sailors and pilots here would love the opportunity to take long cruises to the other continents.

\o/ WWII games in the SSP ocean. The Japanese Imperial Navy could invade Smalltown USA.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

...promptly...

Yes, but maybe less promptly, as only after governance finish another keg of vodka, and 15,000 "my ex-BAE said I was a ....." ARs.

(Obviously I am joking, I used to own most of the Cha region about 5 years ago, so I did see a lot of this group, and they are mostly well behaved, apart from Marianne McCann who is a bit young to drive a battleship, she doesn't reach the top of the walkway guardrails)

Edited by Shudo
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:
15 minutes ago, Shudo said:

\o/ WWII games in the SSP ocean. The Japanese Imperial Navy could invade Smalltown USA.

 and promptly get ejected and banned for conducting combat in a safe zone.

Reenact the movie “1941”. You’ll need for defense, a tank and a Ferris Wheel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

and promptly get ejected and banned for conducting combat in a safe zone.

 

To be fair the majority of the guys keep things clean and friendly, we're a community like any other. There are always a few bad eggs but we do the best we can to keep them at bay. And if they shoot at you shoot back maybe you'll have some fun :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shudo said:

Yes, but maybe less promptly, as only after governance finish another keg of vodka, and 15,000 "my ex-BAE said I was a ....." ARs.

(Obviously I am joking, I used to own most of the Cha region about 5 years ago, so I did see a lot of this group, and they are mostly well behaved, apart from Marianne McCann who is a bit young to drive a battleship, she doesn't reach the top of the walkway guardrails)

giphy.gif

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

It might surprise you, but not everyone wanders SL armed to the teeth. Shoot at me on my land and I will return fire with well written abuse reports .. fun indeed :P

Well I invite you to come sail the gulf and tell me how many times you get attacked in a non-combatant ship.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tank Kwaszes said:

To be fair the majority of the guys keep things clean and friendly, we're a community like any other. There are always a few bad eggs but we do the best we can to keep them at bay. And if they shoot at you shoot back maybe you'll have some fun :P

 

2 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

It might surprise you, but not everyone wanders SL armed to the teeth. Shoot at me on my land and I will return fire with well written abuse reports .. fun indeed :P

I still have 2006 Full perms Cage-Orbiter gun I'm happy to share with anyone.

Just sayin'.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tank Kwaszes said:

To be fair the majority of the guys keep things clean and friendly, we're a community like any other. There are always a few bad eggs but we do the best we can to keep them at bay. And if they shoot at you shoot back maybe you'll have some fun :P

I've been to Woodbine a couple of times just to admire the build or show to friends - I think it's one of SL's highlights. Nobody's even fired a shot at me. But I'm tempted to claim it under the law of salvage of abandoned ships. Do I file a support case to do that?

Edited by ChinRey
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MrGatVision said:

i'm standing around naked on sl and someone told me to put on the clothes, and then when i refused i got banned from the parx place.

Open your big map (Ctrl+M) and search for a region named Naked. That seems to be the kind of place you want.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lukas Thetan said:

I'll bet my 2004 Lemming Launcher 6.0 that region SSP322 is actually region Whitecap when this new continent is unveiled!

My new guesstimate -

I've noticed there are more phantom regions on the map opening up more space in that area than I previously noticed. In the shadowed SSPs you see a few boxes (regions?), but you can see they are phantoms when you take a closer look. So I'm wondering if more is to come for those areas. Pure speculation here folks. 

map.thumb.png.d5bed266bbf5ec759fc27eb4c1f6610b.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

My new guesstimate -

I've noticed there are more phantom regions on the map opening up more space in that area than I previously noticed. In the shadowed SSPs you see a few boxes (regions?), but you can see they are phantoms when you take a closer look. So I'm wondering if more is to come for those areas. Pure speculation here folks. 

map.thumb.png.d5bed266bbf5ec759fc27eb4c1f6610b.png

Nope, nope, nope... that triggers my OCD pretty badly! It has to be like this, Blush!

60cffbc47e61b93b1a9084cb2e8eae0f.thumb.png.cef93bc5745c014567aa0989bc51a47f.png

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:00 AM, Abnor Mole said:

While it does have the mid 20th century America suburban feel (yes, that's what we were going for) the community forms the social aspect of any society. This being SL those foreboding feelings of oppression should vanish as soon as Jon and Ward Cleaver across the street wave to their bi-racial furry daughter as she leaves to go off to welding class and no one thinks anything of it. ;) 

lol you're right....you guys did such a good job on the theme design I guess I forgot for a second about the crazy peeps that populate SL :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...