July’s Marketplace Fixes

Alexa Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

It’s exciting to have updates to the Marketplace again!  Today’s batch is just the first of many as our newest developer gets their feet wet.  

BUG-215989 - Products are indexed with entirely wrong category names
BUG-4705 - Sort the Manage Listings page newest first by default
BUG-216126 - After Listing an item on MP, default page opens store with Date always defaulting from oldest to newest

This is just the beginning of our work to improve Marketplace for both our merchants and for those shopping.  We have a long list of changes big and small, such as:

• Allowing variants of a product
  • Cleanup of Stores of closed/inactive accounts
  • Preparing Marketplace for the upcoming Name Changes
  • Wishlists
  • Making a product's listing date visible to shoppers
  • Allow merchants to choose to list multiple "Custom Avatar Brand Names"

We’re looking forward to a regular cadence of updates as we whip the marketplace into shape.  User Groups are a great time to let us know how you feel about these changes. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Hello Alexa, it appears that the fix for Bug 4705 was implemented incorrectly. Manage listings has now replaced the listing date with the most recently sold date (at least as far as I can tell from my store). All that was supposed to be fixed was the default order of the listings - from "newest" meaning most recently listed to "oldest". The current default was (until Monday) oldest to newest. Listing dates should never be changed. This needs to be fixed. Please see: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/425050-marketplace-listing-dates-messed-up/

Agreed about the "fix" not fixing. I just checked and my items came up on default with the UNLISTED now included (that was not the case yesterday) and when sorted by LISTED  (which I haven't had to do in years) and DATE it shows what I SOLD YESTERDAY up top. 

So the DATE field is currently the "last time you sold this item" Field, not the "newest item" -- so not helpful at all for managing the products.   The date uploaded is now gone, so we only have our memories to go by. Luckily mine is pretty good. 

The other plans sound great. 

EDIT: Also please note that the user group meeting info from the link tells us when meetings "might" happen but it doesn't look like they actually are, so an announcement here or on the SL blog might be helpful. :D

image.thumb.png.cf5f1ed445ed2fa748eff12b8b170f3f.png

Edited by Chic Aeon

22 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

We're on it. Fixing the fix!

It actually might be not a bug but a nice feature :)

If the "listed date" column  is restored and the currently displayed column (which is "last date sold") is added it would be a very useful info.

On 7/16/2018 at 3:16 PM, Alexa Linden said:

BUG-4705 - Sort the Manage Listings page newest first by default
BUG-216126 - After Listing an item on MP, default page opens store with Date always defaulting from oldest to newest

When I go to my manage listing page I get the OLDEST as the default:

image.thumb.png.3d96e9fa5cf89f01552952da4187fbbf.png

I CAN choose "date" and it will show me the newest.  So just like before "the fix".  I was expecting to see the newest come up as the default. After going to the storefront, I came back to the manage listings and it had reverted to this same OLD stuff at the top listing, not the newest.  So I am not seeing any changes, but maybe I am missing the point.

I didn't have anything new to upload but I grabbed something and made a quick listing. When I came back to the manage listings it was still the OLD stuff first (see screenshot). 

So FOR ME, this isn't fixed.  Not sure why it seems to be working for Arwen.  Maybe I am misunderstanding what the plan was. It doesn't EXACTLY say in the OP what the finished action would be. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any updates on the Marketplace listing bug that says you already have 20,000 items listed which is the limit for any store even though you don't, I've reported this bug but it's now been more than 3 months since I've been able to list anything new, I'm currently using an alt but would prefer to be using my main account. Previously when I asked I was told there was no ETA on a fix.

On 7/20/2018 at 3:29 PM, Arwen Serpente said:

How weird, I just went back when I saw your post. Mine is defaulting to newest first which is what the change is supposed to do. Maybe try sign out, delete cookies, sign back in? No idea why it is working for me and not you :(

Likely that is it as I LOVE MY COOKIES. But will give it a try. Nothing new to upload here for awhile so no big hurry.  Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.