Marketplace listing dates messed up?

Arduenn Schwartzman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all. I just listed another item on MP. When I opened the Marketplace home page, and browsed to Merchant home > Manage Listings, it was no longer the last item in the list. Over the years, freshly listed items always appeared as the last item. Now, it appeared at the top. Also, the second item was NOT the previous item uploaded, but something from last year. Then, I noticed that the dates (listing dates, I presume) didn''t make any sense. Half of all dates were set to 7/16/2018, and then went back into the past down to 2016. My oldest MP (SLExchange) items date back from 2007. I remember migrating everything from the Magic Box to the new MP directory in 2010.

Any ideas? Is LL currently working on the MP database? No mention of it on the Status page.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

Yes messy and SO WRONG (unexpected :D). Must be doing something back there.  The items with today's date on them are mostly VERY OLD. The greenhouse is the ONLY item from 2017 on the list. This happened when I sorted by date. 

AHHHHH. But all of those items JUST SOLD (well not long ago -- that might not be it). 

Something is up -- planned or unplanned I know not. 

image.thumb.png.58bc22f79b590a23c20d89dac3ab6193.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
rethought
  • Thanks 1

Yup, they are totally messed up. In my store's manage listings page, it is sorting items by most recently sold and with that date rather than listing date.  Needs to be fixed and returned to listing date.  If there's a desire, a sort for "sort by most recent sold" could be added, but the listing date should not be changed.

• Thanks 2

As far as I can tell, it appears that in the July Marketplace fixes  BUG-4705 - Sort the Manage Listings page newest first by default  was misinterpreted to mean "most recently sold" as newest rather than "most recently listed" as the correct meaning. Listing dates should never be altered and this needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Listing order is ok again, folks. And, conveniently, the last item added is shown at the top by default.

Just checked and MINE is still still not showing the last item at top by default. It DOES have the default (creation) dates back rather than last sold.  Not really sure why this is working for some accounts and not others, but adding that info to THIS thread for those that might be working on it. Already added similar info to the thread with the  official announcement. 

Here is what I see right now (just like it was before the attempt at fixing).

image.thumb.png.af79f4a74b31e55a909f66fa1aa9b639.png

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.