Types of people on the forum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Ansiri said:

I don't see OP bragging. 

Some people really do understand words very differently, so we/you need to believe what the writer says he/she meant or didn't mean.

Yes, we understand things differently, and we might correct a misperception when someone credibly clarifies their intentions. But it's also helpful to understand that our intentions might be misperceived, and hone our communication skills so that clarification isn't necessary.

There's also the case where nefarious intentions are misperceived as honorable. When that happens, run with it!

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Anytime someone calls someone in my family a smartass we tend to reply with "Yep, I am...except when I'm a dumbass". 

Sounds like my family. I might say something like "I don't like being the smartest person in the room" and someone will respond "I can't believe that's ever happened, you must be thrilled."

On 13/07/2018 at 7:26 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

For those who don't understand binary or it's relevance to this thread, 10 is 16 in hexadecimal, and the number of Jung/Briggs/Myers types. ¬¬

erm yes 10 in hexidecimal is 16 in decimal however as the post was about binary it would help to explain the relevance if you instead that you mentioned that 10 in binary is two in decimal coincidentally the same number as the testicles attached to me

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

erm yes 10 in hexidecimal is 16 in decimal however as the post was about binary it would help to explain the relevance if you instead that you mentioned that 10 in binary is two in decimal coincidentally the same number as the testicles attached to me

Of course ... but as it took over 60 posts before anyone caught my dyslexia I figure it's probably fine either way :P

Dyslexia (for myself at least) manifests as misplaced tokens in written or typed sentence structures, the tokens can be whole words, letters, punctuation, emoji or digits. It doesn't affect my actual math skills or the representation of math when constructing formulas etc; Get me to represent a purely mathematical construct in plain English however and all bets are off. I find it weird that it doesn't affect programming either :/ 

14 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Of course ... but as it took over 60 posts before anyone caught my dyslexia I figure it's probably fine either way

Oh no, we caught it straight away, we just didn't give a rats backside... ;) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.