Why has second life bugged you so much?

Hacksan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Minhas postagens agora serão em português, meu idioma natural! Quem quiser, traduza :) Brasileiros não tem obrigação de falar em inglês! Forum é para discutir um tópico e qualquer fator dentro do sl! Mas estão mais preocupados com grafia e outras coisas! Talvez justifique avatares tão noobs quando já existe mesh, desinteresse total em melhoria! No Brasil, o ld sai tão caro, quanto na vida rl! Quem estaria disposto a gastar metade de um salário mínimo aqui? Por isso os gringos "pessoas de outros países" tem land melhores e tudo mais, eu achava que era por serem mais criativos, por serem pessoas simples, nãoo..é porque são realmente noobs mesmo e desinteressados, não todos mas boa parte!É apenas pelo fato de ser mais acessível! Vocês não estão preocupados em melhoria, isso justifica uma plataforma tão complicada já que a ld não pode fazer sozinha sem a opnião de seus usuários!  omo cnseguiram um país de primeiro mundo sendo tão desinteressados em tudo? Ah sim, com a guerra! Enfim para mim ficou claro pq second life tem tantos bugs...desinteresse de seus usuários, tópico esclarecido! Obrigado por participarem .P

The forum also does not work, I talk about "ice cream" and then people come to say, about rice, beans ... less of the topic itself! It's no good, pulling me out of here! I need smart people who know how to discuss something!

Edited by Hacksan

13 minutes ago, Hacksan said:

The forum also does not work, I talk about "ice cream" and then people come to say, about rice, beans ... less of the topic itself! It's no good, pulling me out of here! I need smart people who know how to discuss something!

Hmm....ice cream sounds good now.

im-going-out-for-ice-cream-nazi-rally-ic

• Haha 2

My posts will now be in Portuguese, my native language!  Whoever wants to translate, may do so. :) Brazilians have no problems understanding English! 

This forum is for discussing any  topic involving SL!  But they [who are they]  are more concerned with spelling and grammer! Maybe justify avatars as noobs when mesh already exists, total disinterest in improvement! [OK, I have no clue Whiskey Tango Foxtrot that is supposed to mean; guessing it is something like "you don't see a need to improve system avatars because we now have mesh.] 

In Brazil, we are a poor country and can't afford to buy SL goods. People who can buy things have better things.  You are not creative, you just buy nice things from other creators.  You are all a bunch of noobs.  You don't care about improvement when you can buy what you want.  How did you become a world power while being apathetic to my problems? Ah yes, with war!  I understand why second life is so buggy now ... because you don't care!  

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

52 minutes ago, Hacksan said:

pulling me out of here!

So you're leaving again?

43 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Rules me out.

I knew he wasn't talking to me from the title of the thread. "Why has second life bugged you so much?"  Since Second Life has not bugged me at all I cannot be part of that universal pronoun.   But what do I know; I'm a warmonger that owns everything.

[ETA]

And you, OP, have cause and effect backwards regarding first-world countries and The War™.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hacksan said:

Haha,My English is not fluent, I needed to help write the opinion!

I'm a writer, Brazilian! My English is not good, but the fact that I am a writer should explain this introduction! Must be habit, I do not know!

My English is bad, the translator sucks! I must write in Portuguese next time!

Yes yes yes....we get the point, thank you....

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Why not just write in your native language?  There is even a section just for that.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/281-fórum-em-português/

Now I've seen better! Thank you! Because the bad of the Americans is that we are forced to speak in English, when I see one in my country, I hope you can speak Portuguese too! Thank you!

Even the topics there are more interesting, bah will never go out of my country, people are boring!

2 hours ago, Hacksan said:

Now I've seen better! Thank you! Because the bad of the Americans is that we are forced to speak in English, when I see one in my country, I hope you can speak Portuguese too! Thank you!

I..er.. Linden Labs is based out of San Francisco, I believe. They might have moved and didn’t tell anyone, though.  That being said, it is good to know another language aside from your own, Portuguese and English included. 

Edited by norajulian

One of the best things about being British, is that we have NO obligation whatsoever to learn any form of Heathen Foreign Devil Talk, except possibly Highlander, if posted at an Officer to a regiment of Highland Assault Transvestites, and even then it's optional, thats what sergeants are for...

*honk squeal parp toot howl*

1st Heathen: By the Oiled Beard of the Holy One! What is that dreadful noise! It sounds like a cat trying to use the sandbox through a sewn up bottom...

2nd Heathen: Oh NO! The DEVILS IN SKIRTS! ALL IS LOST! FLEE TO THE HILLS!

Trooper: Och see youse, wee heathen, ye ken? Dinna fass yersel. Tak a face fullo HEID!

Officer: Sergeant Shouty, what did that man say?

Sergeant: Just expressing his enthusiasm for combat towards the enemy, Sah!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

My posts will now be in Portuguese, my native language!  Whoever wants to translate, may do so. :) Brazilians have no problems understanding English! 

This forum is for discussing any  topic involving SL!  But they [who are they]  are more concerned with spelling and grammer! Maybe justify avatars as noobs when mesh already exists, total disinterest in improvement! [OK, I have no clue Whiskey Tango Foxtrot that is supposed to mean; guessing it is something like "you don't see a need to improve system avatars because we now have mesh.] 

In Brazil, we are a poor country and can't afford to buy SL goods. People who can buy things have better things.  You are not creative, you just buy nice things from other creators.  You are all a bunch of noobs.  You don't care about improvement when you can buy what you want.  How did you become a world power while being apathetic to my problems? Ah yes, with war!  I understand why second life is so buggy now ... because you don't care!  

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

So you're leaving again?

I knew he wasn't talking to me from the title of the thread. "Why has second life bugged you so much?"  Since Second Life has not bugged me at all I cannot be part of that universal pronoun.   But what do I know; I'm a warmonger that owns everything.

[ETA]

And you, OP, have cause and effect backwards regarding first-world countries and The War™.

Sounds like another case of the raposa and the grapes.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

I'm actually spending less and less time in SL, Its really needs an injection of something if it wishes to continue and not lose members I would have thought I see the day that I would not miss being in sl.

Just because you don't enjoy being in SL anymore doesn't mean SL itself has changed fundamentally for the worse or is lacking something. I think its natural that you lose interest in something after a while.

• Like 2

I lost interest in SL for a while.  During that time, I reduced the size of my land drastically and change my alt accounts from Premium back to Basic.  When I was ready to come back to SL, I changed the alt accounts back to Premium and started looking for larger land again.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I lost interest in SL for a while.  During that time, I reduced the size of my land drastically and change my alt accounts from Premium back to Basic.  When I was ready to come back to SL, I changed the alt accounts back to Premium and started looking for larger land again.

This is one of the cool things. If you need a hiatus, you can scale back for how long you need.

3 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

Then maybe you can explain why the figures of SL membership have gone down, and really from a  business perspective, I would be asking why people are leaving and not joining up and ask myself how can I change it.

Well, the BIGGEST drop, historically, in SL membership, was the mass exodus of most of the Arrogant Ignorant Self Important 2nd Wave Lastnamer Entitlement Syndrome Sufferers...

All those clueless, talentless, worthless individuals who were too damn lazy to learn to build or texture or script, or run a business, who left in disgust because despite logging in EVERY day, from 2006 to 2009, STILL didn't get their FREE $1,000,000 US, that they were ENTITLED to, JUST for logging in to SL...

As for changing that... Who told you that ANYONE really wanted to?

Now the demographics are different, todays unwanted are mostly functionally illiterate type-with-your-thunbs types, who come to SL, squander $10 worth of L$, then leave because SL isn't anything like the latest 4k graphics console peasant fodder, on their "Sontendsoft Playcube 720".

48 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

Seems your rant is little too hysterical, blaming the customers is a  sure way of a failed business mind, 

"Hi, and Welcome to World of Cheese, we sell every kind of cheese there is, what would you like?"

"I r wantin a cupy ov 'Medal of ePeen, Massiv Multy Playa Onlin Fursdt Persun Celabraty Defmatch Cumbat Gaym for mi Sontendsoft Playcube 720, fanx"

"This is a cheese shop, we sell cheese, you know, that stuff you eat, made out of milk... We don't sell console games, try next door in the Console Games shop"

"Duh, dis shup r so laym, no wunda you gots hardy no custamas, u r al sux, eet crap an die looosas, kthxbai"

Unless by customers you were referring to the FAILED "get rich in RL for playing a computer game" rabble who LEFT SL because making money requires skill, work, investment and an actual plan. The ones who left because their poorly thought out idea to become Land Barons FAILED.

Those people weren't 'customers' they were just wannabe economic parasites who didn't realise that there would be others who were better predators than them selves...

"Well, I bought this parcel off that nice Mr. Madlander Max, for L$24 a square meter, because like he said its next to a road, and you can see the sea... But now, eighteen months later, I STILL haven't found anyone willing to 'gladly pay L$ 48 a square meter' like HE said I would, it's costing me a fortune in Tier, and the new reports that land prices are down to L$ 8 a square meter, I'll NEVER get RL-Rich like this, I didn't come here to pay money INTO SL, I'm leaving forever, it's SO unfair, because I'm ENTITLED damn it!"

Who would you suggest we blame, if not people who try to buy console games in thew wrong shop, and wannabe-parasites who couldn't count past 10 without stealing somebody elses shoes let alone run a damn business.

On 12/21/2017 at 6:58 AM, Klytyna said:

"Hi, and Welcome to World of Cheese, we sell every kind of cheese there is, what would you like?"

"I r wantin a cupy ov 'Medal of ePeen, Massiv Multy Playa Onlin Fursdt Persun Celabraty Defmatch Cumbat Gaym for mi Sontendsoft Playcube 720, fanx"

"This is a cheese shop, we sell cheese, you know, that stuff you eat, made out of milk... We don't sell console games, try next door in the Console Games shop"

"Duh, dis shup r so laym, no wunda you gots hardy no custamas, u r al sux, eet crap an die looosas, kthxbai"

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.