The most useless Second Life item ever

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Old school useless:

Those old voting boxes.  Not that I have seen one recently but there are probably a few still out and about.

I've actually seen 2-3 just in the last week.  I was quite surprised that anyone was wasting prims rezzing those things.

• Like 2

Prim counters. The prim count is already in the viewer, lag-free. And if you are on a group rentals and can't be bothered to figure out how to count up from management prims to start with, many prim counters won't work anyway (I only know of one that does, when deeded).

• Like 1

What about mega prims? I still have a bunch of the old ones and the ones where everyone was rushing to make them before the glitch got fixed..

I remember everyone that was working on them,posting up in the old old forums the sizes that they had finished, so that others could make other sizes..

Are they obsolete now?

How big of a prim can we make with the tools anyways?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What about mega prims? I still have a bunch of the old ones and the ones where everyone was rushing to make them before the glitch got fixed..

I remember everyone that was working on them,posting up in the old old forums the sizes that they had finished, so that others could make other sizes..

Are they obsolete now?

How big of a prim can we make with the tools anyways?

A mega prim is any prim larger than what can be built using the browser build tools.

It used to be 10 m on a side but now its 64 m. A mega prim would collapse back to 10 m if you tried to edit its size.

However since the max size is now 64, if, for example you rezzed a 50 m megaprim, you could  edit it like any other normal prim. 

:)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

A mega prim is any prim larger than what can be built using the browser build tools.

It used to be 10 m on a side but now its 64 m. A mega prim would collapse back to 10 m if you tried to edit its size.

However since the max size is now 64, if, for example you rezzed a 50 m megaprim, you could  edit it like any other normal prim. 

Yea I remember when we could only make the 10m..

I remember rezzing a 512 one time and was like.Hmm It must really be small one because i just can't seem to find it anywhere..

Then was like,UNLESSS!,then camed way way out and realized I was inside the prim..hehehehe

I was pretty new to building then..

I had that tool where you could order the mega prims you wanted and they would send them to you..

I just figure,if I won't ever need them again then I'm gonna delete them and clean a bunch of space out of my inventory..

ETA: Maybe I'll save the really big ones for sim surroundings..those are really awesome to have..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

i still have my big box of mega prims, I think it contained 7000 different ones. i would just rezz the main box, then rezz out the box that contained the size i wanted, then drag the prim i wanted out of that box onto the ground. I'm sure some people unpacked all 7000  into their inventory though.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
removed a redundant word
  • Like 2

I just ordered them as I needed them,but also bought some packs from the market..

I remember knowing every size I had at the time and always still not having the size I would need at the time and have to go hunting for it in hopes that someone made it before the glitch was fixed..hehehe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just ordered them as I needed them,but also bought some packs from the market..

I remember knowing every size I had at the time and always still not having the size I would need at the time and have to go hunting for it in hopes that someone made it before the glitch was fixed..hehehe

One of Zwagoth's  "SALT Huds" if memory serves. I don't have a salt hud any more, they vanished from the MP, but I still hav e the box of megas someplace, and a 128m sphere floating around in my inv as a 'Skybowl'.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.