The most useless Second Life item ever

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Is something flying over my head?

I don't get it :(

just a failed attempt to be a bit silly. toilets don't work as toilets in SL. you can put sex animations in them or tipjar scripts or use them as decor or part of role play or as a lucky chair, but if you count that then everything (at least that's moddable) is potentially useful in SL, including Chin's wearable online indicator.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

just a failed attempt to be a bit silly. toilets don't work as toilets in SL. you can put sex animations in them or tipjar scripts or use them as decor or part of role play or as a lucky chair, but if you count that then everything (at least that's moddable) is potentially useful in SL, including Chin's wearable online indicator.

I think I'll turn mine into a confetti fountain. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Toilets don't work as toilets in SL.

Sadly, the reverse is also true. Nine years ago (oy!) my SLex had a house with a bathroom and commode. Ever curious, I sat on the commode and found myself assuming "The Thinker" position just above the tree in her back yard. I couldn't wait for her to log in to see what I'd discovered. This was perhaps the first in a long line of things she found somewhat less amusing than I did.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Old school useless:

Those old voting boxes.  Not that I have seen one recently but there are probably a few still out and about.

They rezzed one at one place I visit, last year, I discretely enquired if the rezzer KNEW they didn't work any more after she publically claimed they helped with search listings and earned cash for the parcel owners, she went quiet for a period that matched my estimates of her thinking "***** why didnt i know that" then said "i get an im each day with the number of clicks, it's amusing"

6 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It's Friday and time for the Serious Topic of the Week.

Yay, except it's Caturday for some in Oceania and Asia. :P

I'll go with "Filing an AR" 

So, what would be the most useless item that can possibly be made in Second Life?

How about a... a wearable online indicator? A piece of jewelry that changes color depending on whether you are logged on or not?

I read the first part and though "I have a wearable online indicator" then realised you mention for yourself. Mine is set to my partner, stops him sneaking up on me. Well, it's supposed to. >.>

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChinRey said:

How about a... a wearable online indicator? A piece of jewelry that changes color depending on whether you are logged on or not?

A wearable 'online indicator' is potentially useful, if oldies see you wearing one and it says you are offline, they might assume you have been 'ghosted' and send you a linden, as that was a 'known cure' for ghosting...

;) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Or sins to be cleansed ( @Madelaine McMasters is that service still available?) 

It's not available at the moment, as my skybox and cleansing fireplace currently live in inventory. I've been a nomad for nearly two years now. I might try to rez everything at a sandbox and create a single coalesced object that I can rez at a moment's notice to continue building out my "Warm Welcomes" gallery. I would like to grow the rogue's gallery, but RL gets in the way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

toilets

Actually I have a hud that makes me have to pee, so if you don't have a toilet at your place, I'll pee on your carpet.

Of course, now you'll probably say the most useless thing in SL is a hud that makes you have to pee.

:)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Klytyna said:

6941bcdac8b77b26377da8ce95b05f7f.jpg?127

"Become a creator today!

This box contains almost everything what you will ever need for creating, except the secret ingredient, which is your own Creativity. Please notice: Though it copies other, professional designer's exact way of creation, it is NOT a copybot! "

Yup, real SL product... ;) 

It sounds too good to be true for L$0 from the description:

------------- 
Contents 
-------------

- The Cube 
- The Sphere 
- The Cylinder 
- The Torus 
- The Tube 
- The Prism 
- The Ring 
- The Sculpt (with extra smoothness!) 
- The Script (for advanced users) 
- The Texture (use this very carefully!) 
- The Notecard (fully modifyable!) 
- The Sound (for complex creations) 
- The Landmark (well, my personal favorite)

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.