What is your daily routine in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't usually have a set time..I can't be on like I was when I was younger and had more free time to myself.. Just when I can squeeze it in..

Lately it's been a couple of hours  about maybe three to four times a week.. A lot of the places I used to go are pretty much gone now, although there are some still left that I stop in for nostalgic reasons..

I mostly just shop and mess around with creating stuff for the heck of it now..Most of the people I used to hang with are long gone..I might catch them now and then logging in if we happen to be on the grid at the same time..

Really,there is no daily routine for me in SL anymore..Just kind of when I get the chance to relax  it's a nice place to go.:)

• Like 5

During the week I have no routine - I may or may not log in on any given evening.

During the weekend, assuming I'm home, I will often log in in the morning and stay logged in all day until late at night -- though I will often be AFK a lot as I also take care of various RL weekend chores.  I have no routine when I get logged in - maybe shop, maybe check out an event, maybe attend a party, maybe do a hunt, maybe just sort and clean inventory.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I log in with grand plans to do some stuff, get online and see lots of things that need doing... and end up achieving neither.

And then repeat that the next day.

Hey what do you know, that's what i do to.

• Like 1

I log in, stay logged in until my net dies(which I then relog), and just waste precious script time and bandwidth.

I may script something, or break something that LL has to then fix.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
Correcting what autocorrect incorrected
  • Like 2

I no longer have a daily routine. I used to spend most of every day in-world, except weekends. Now my kids have grown a lot, one has graduated high school, I got a job, I have gotten to know a lot more of the people in my city, some are even friends. All of this makes me far busier in the real world than I used to be.

When I am online, there are still a few friends around I hang out with. I go shopping (I'm skint for the first time in a while). I spend time in either of my two houses, one in a Zindra sky, the other on a Horizons coast. I still create things, do some scripting to keep in practice. I have also begun once again to look at the large map and randomly teleport to places where a lot of green dots appear. My curiosity has never left me, despite all the changes I have gone through.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2017 at 7:45 AM, Gadget Portal said:

I follow profiles. I look at groups or picks, and when something catches my eye, I go there. Then I do it to someone there and see where it takes me.

I also do this :o Found some fab places to explore too :D I am always reading profiles too hehehe

I used to be on sl so much back in the day, and used to go to parties and such at DDU (Duran Duran Universe, dead there now though, and used to have lands, so used to revamp it every so often :D

• Like 3

I usually log in at about 6pm SL.  I check in with my Partner, collect my hug and USUALLY we end up at the club we work at, with the exception of Date Night. Both of us DJ/Host there and our social circle kind of orbits the place.

Saturdays we visit Drama Libre and go looking around the grid or visit with friends.

I work 3rd Shift in RL (fewer people to deal with and I only have Myself telling me what to do) so when I get home in the mornings I very often log on to build or shop or visit with friends from the Eurozone.

Now that my children are grown and gone, SL and trips to the Gym (my physical rehab following a stroke *accidentally* turned into a healthy lifestyle...I treadmill a LOT) make up a lot of my social interaction outside of work - and I like it that way :-)

giphy.gif

I hang out a lot at my SL job (the Factory), Drama Libre, Velvet Thorn (where I also sometimes work), the Blarney Stone, the Blue Note (before it semi-retired) and Club Retro ('cause that's MY generation - I still have legwarmers in my storage space).
giphy.gif

I also do a lot of Photography in Hazardous, Everwinter, Baja Norte, Failure to Thrive and the lovely Santa Maria dell'isola Italy

Oh..I also still roleplay a little bit in places like Asphyxiation Point

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

Now that my children are grown and gone, SL and trips to the Gym (my physical rehab following a stroke *accidentally* turned into a healthy lifestyle...I treadmill a LOT) make up a lot of my social interaction outside of work - and I like it that way :-)

giphy.gif

I can't help but notice the heels as well as having mirrors right behind the treadmills..

so much irony for a place called a Health club..

hehehehe

• Like 3

I log in, but then get distracted by the internet and forget that I'm logged in. Usually between 30-90 minutes after that, some groupchat noise reminds me, that I'm in SL. I either remember that I could check some event or do some shopping, or log off again, dissatisfied with the fact, that I still want a mesh head.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I log in, but then get distracted by the internet and forget that I'm logged in.

I have done this.  Got home from work the other day and went to log in - realized I had gotten distracted the night before and left myself logged in all night.

• Like 2

I usually start off my SL time either logging in at home to try out stuff i've bought or i go to the portal park make a bee line straight for my favourite realm sim to do a bit of crystal collecting get a few L$ after i might go exploring or check out whats new at stores i like maybe visit a game sim before TP-ing home to log out

• Like 2

Log in, check flickr,check group notices,view offline IM's,decide whether i want to go shopping or not, go help new players at the gateways,chat with a friend, afk alot...sl is getting boring for me again and i been back for less than a year after 4 year long hiatus.

Log in at the Chelsea and decide whether I'm going to change or not. Start organizing inventory and then get distracted by live music invite or burning need to buy more crap. Play with positioning attachments or piddle around with decorating. Open the map and pick a place to check out. Chat if I am chatted to, hang out with a friend or two if I feel up to people that day. Add a diary entry if I remember to.

Usual morning??  Log in, get dressed bitchin' for the day..  wander around on my land  (Bourbon Street West and Canal Street --- yes, I was a NOLA guy)  check the rentals.. then off to SL work..  either hosting/managing a greedy sim or DJing the way cool tunes..    

Gawd, i'm boring when I look at it that way... :/ 

• 2 weeks later...

Log in, make sure that I am decently clothed and my boobs aren't poking through my dress. Check notifications, hunt for cute outfits that are cheap/free. Head home, try on clothing, play with particle effects. Get all excited when my partner logs on. Head off to a party of some sorts and start checking out everyone's clothes. Most likely I end up pestering anyone with a nice hat or top wanting to know where they bought it. Laugh my rear end off at some of the profiles I read and cringe at the overuse of quotes by famous people in absence of any real originality in other cases. Fend off attention from desperate monosyllabic perverts of all genders. Wonder why the heck I am doing all this stuff in a virtual world rather than being out exploring the real world. Get distracted by a squirrel and forget why it is that I came to a particular sim. All in a days work for this elf...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.