How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

50 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman… or a bad woman.
George Burns

Snapshot_027

You dress a nice avatar!! Has I have looked at your photo posts here I have one small suggestion if I may, Larger size head or smaller body size. To me your head appears too small for your body.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

One of the things I most love about living in the midst of a large and enormously diverse city is the sense of adventure that an evening walk can bring. A 15 to 20 minute stroll from my house enables me to sample Portuguese, Brazilian, Mexican, Italian, Middle Eastern, Korean, Indian, and Japanese culture and cuisines, mostly offered up in eateries run by immigrants who are eager to share both the everyday dishes and the haute cuisine of their lands of origin.

When the weather is warm, the glass shopfronts of many of these restaurants are rolled up, and the tables and chairs spill out onto the sidewalk (and there's actually been more of this since the pandemic).

An almost ideal evening for me is a long walk with my partner to a nearby used bookstore, followed by a light dinner outside at a nearby café or restaurant. Then we'll enjoy, over a leisurely coffee and perhaps dessert, the rich and varied stream of people that passes by. Sometimes, when the night is hot, the drone of cicadas in the trees seems almost to vie with the steady hum of the traffic, but above it all will be the sound of voices, chatting, chiding, laughing, and sometimes quarreling, in any number of different languages.

The food is often excellent, but it is the people that most give it its flavour.

Gyoza-Blank.thumb.png.6a37631d8e5a0b4ae1c53743f9c6c593.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One of the things I most love about living in the midst of a large and enormously diverse city is the sense of adventure that an evening walk can bring. A 15 to 20 minute stroll from my house enables me to sample Portuguese, Brazilian, Mexican, Italian, Middle Eastern, Korean, Indian, and Japanese culture and cuisines, mostly offered up in eateries run by immigrants who are eager to share both the everyday dishes and the haute cuisine of their lands of origin.

When the weather is warm, the glass shopfronts of many of these restaurants are rolled up, and the tables and chairs spill out onto the sidewalk (and there's actually been more of this since the pandemic).

An almost idea evening for me is a long walk with my partner to a nearby used bookstore, followed by a light dinner outside at a nearby café or restaurant. Then we'll enjoy, over a leisurely coffee and perhaps dessert, the rich and varied stream of people that passes by. Sometimes, when the night is hot, the drone of cicadas in the trees seems almost to vie with the steady hum of the traffic, but above it all will be the sound of voices, chatting, chiding, laughing, and sometimes quarreling, in any number of different languages.

The food is often excellent, but it is the people that most give it its flavour.

Gyoza-Blank.thumb.png.6a37631d8e5a0b4ae1c53743f9c6c593.png

That's just so dreamy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1