How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, thanks Sandor, although I think she's prettier than "me."

I'm one of those people who identify strongly with their avi, and I've grown very used to how I look, so none of these alternative looks are "me" in that sense, and I won't be taking them around in world (much). They really are just for photos.

And most of my pics will still feature the look that you recognize because I find I get more emotionally engaged with my theme when it's "me" in them, and I think I produce better, more emotive pics as a result.

Which is probably silly, but then so is this whole SL thing, really, no?  🙃

It doesn't matter "who's" prettier. It simply my association with the AV you present as regularly. I personally find it emotionally confusing when someone changes their AV drastically.  I identify you with your Scylla AV. I would think a drastic AV change would be more than a little disconcerting for most. I know I wouldn't like it if Caitlin changed, even if it was to another gorgeous female AV. I would want her to change back, even if I found her new AV more attractive. She literally can change my AV from man to woman to animal with my collar, but she doesn't. Same reason. Most of us react mentally  ( emotionally)  to what we perceive as "them".  So no, it's not silly in my opinion. 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

my girls and i stayed up super late last night smoking in my hookah lounge and talked about cooking and food for like 4 hours. i'm hungry today lol. i need to put in a cooking shop here.

my friend made me gold necklace with some nice bling. i can't seem to get it any smaller, it's about 1/2 the size as original. lol he's a big dude.. like mr t size.  

12-06-23-hookah.png

• Like 13

On 6/11/2023 at 4:10 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm getting a little bit bored of always featuring myself -- i.e., "Scylla" -- in pics, so I've been working on creating some alternates that I can use in photos, either with "me" or on their own.

My latest effort. Ta da!

Gloria-1-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.360c517b5a7b71431cceecf31c7c104b.png

I love her look. So cute and original.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sugary Bard said:

I love her look. So cute and original.

Thank you!

I think unconsciously I tend to make alts who look like people I'd enjoy sitting down to coffee with!

Which, again, is silly: there's no specific "look" for that! But I like open and friendly and inviting looks. I think she has that? She looks like someone you could approach, and just have a lovely conversation with?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you!

I think unconsciously I tend to make alts who look like people I'd enjoy sitting down to coffee with!

Which, again, is silly: there's no specific "look" for that! But I like open and friendly and inviting looks. I think she has that? She looks like someone you could approach, and just have a lovely conversation with?

Mmmm well you maybe on to something hehe. I know a lot of women who are trying for the glam model look.😃

• Like 1