How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

17 hours ago, Danielle Atheria said:

Mmmm well you maybe on to something hehe. I know a lot of women who are trying for the glam model look.😃

And there is, of course, nothing whatsoever wrong with that! There are some glorious looking women in this thread whose look I could never hope to match. I think you're one of them, in fact, although I don't know that I'd call you "glam."

I guess it's about how one wants to be perceived? And, as I'm not interested in romance or sex, I'm actually happiest being seen as someone who is just friendly and approachable.

Like a slightly more stylish Care Bear, perhaps? You know . . . "huggable" rather than . . . that other thing. 😏

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 5:27 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, thanks Sandor, although I think she's prettier than "me."

I'm one of those people who identify strongly with their avi, and I've grown very used to how I look, so none of these alternative looks are "me" in that sense, and I won't be taking them around in world (much). They really are just for photos.

And most of my pics will still feature the look that you recognize because I find I get more emotionally engaged with my theme when it's "me" in them, and I think I produce better, more emotive pics as a result.

Which is probably silly, but then so is this whole SL thing, really, no?  🙃

I can strongly relate to that idea. My avatar is for all intents and purposes, "me". I've build it in my image. It follows my personal sense of oddball fashion and comes with my trademark RBF. I often make experiments in style, go from punk to elegant, dance with the ethereal and otherworldly but at the end of the day - it needs to be me.

Occasionally I try to experiment outside my comfort zone and create a different look. One that isn't me. However unlike you here, for me it always hits this odd barrier I can't cross, where the result feels off, no matter what others tell me. So - I can totally relate to the desire to experiment and I think it's good to do. It makes me want to puncture my own barrier and just go completely different for a change.

So - thank you for showing how you step out of the usual comfort zone. It's inspiring in ways. Keep doing you, keep being you. And I think with that I hit my "be emotional" quota for the day. Time to scare some more peeps with my RBF :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And there is, of course, nothing whatsoever wrong with that! There are some glorious looking women in this thread whose look I could never hope to match. I think you're one of them, in fact, although I don't know that I'd call you "glam."

I guess it's about how one wants to be perceived? And, as I'm not interested in romance or sex, I'm actually happiest being seen as someone who is just friendly and approachable.

Like a slightly more stylish Care Bear, perhaps? You know . . . "huggable" rather than . . . that other thing. 😏

I know right, everyone wants me to come to their dance thing and plug into their automatic dance ball and tip them, or connect to their couples animation thing for four hours. But nobody wants to just ride the seesaw and chat. :)

14-06-23-solo-seesaw.png

• Like 10

7 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

However unlike you here, for me it always hits this odd barrier I can't cross, where the result feels off, no matter what others tell me. So - I can totally relate to the desire to experiment and I think it's good to do.

I suppose it's a good thing in its own right, to occasionally, as you say, leave the comfort zone. I almost never interact with others in that context, though -- the exception being my alt Laskya, who is essentially just another version of me (she was my main avi for a few years here).

I sometimes use male alts for pics. I can barely imagine interacting with anyone in that form -- I think I have once or twice as a joke. But even talking to someone far away in IM when I'm wearing a male shape and clothes feels just bizarrely wrong somehow. It makes me terribly uncomfortable -- like hearing my own voice emanating from an entirely alien face.

I am well aware that there are lots of people who radically switch their looks around a lot, or have very different alts they use a lot. And more power to them: I just can't do it. It's just a different way of thinking about your relationship to your avi.

3 hours ago, Khadijah Starchild said:

I know right, everyone wants me to come to their dance thing and plug into their automatic dance ball and tip them, or connect to their couples animation thing for four hours. But nobody wants to just ride the seesaw and chat. :)

I can't tell if you're serious or not (which is a good thing: I enjoy your sense of humour and irony!), but one of the advantages of not being drop-dead gorgeous or what Danielle has called "glam" is that I can go to a busy club and NOT get immediately dinged by four guys asking if I voice. When I do get an IM, it's almost always from a guy who's read my profile or scanned my Flickr, and has something to say about it.

Now, I say that, and it's true . . . but of course there's also another part of me that wants men falling, panting, at my feet.

I just don't want to have to deal with them after they've done that. I want to live in a world where men are agog at my insane beauty and glamour, but don't want to take it further than idolizing me from a polite distance.

Is that so much to ask? IS IT? 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Now, I say that, and it's true . . . but of course there's also another part of me that wants men falling, panting, at my feet.

I just don't want to have to deal with them after they've done that. I want to live in a world where men are agog at my insane beauty and glamour, but don't want to take it further than idolizing me from a polite distance.

Is that so much to ask? IS IT? 😀

Well, it comes across as real... and I think humorous.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My whole intention when I started SL was to be just a girl next door. Although it seems that way i don’t crave all the attention but was “pushed”? Into it. You can only be called “stunning beautiful gorgeous”  etc etc so many times and then it’s like mmm so I went into modeling in SL…and yes there are MANY who just want me as a toy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

真夜中を過ぎて食べ物を与えないwww

真夜中を過ぎて食べ物を与えないwww

Do not feed after midnight lol 

I watch too many old movies the last nights, insomnia is evil x3

I like how it appears you are possibly removing a fry from your "earhole"! 

("That's not where fries go!")

• Like 2