How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I still haven't recovered from all the socializing last weekend, so I've been inworld on Cora and did a bit of self-care by updating this alt.  They have a new skin and hair, but I just raided their inventory for an outfit because I have no idea where to shop for neutral clothes (and shopping is still being out in public)

I was cycling through items in the jewelry folder when I noticed Cora had no fingernails.  Well, I just put on a new skin, so I'm trying to figure out what happened.  My mind is thinking that everything is BOM now, so do I need BOM nails?  The only thing I really changed was the skin.  Does BOM skin cover nails?  I don't remember this happening on any other avatars.  I open the body HUD and start clicking all the nail colors.  Nothing happens.  It can't be appliers, right?  I am using a BOM body.  I try all the nail appliers anyway.  Nothing happens.  Uummm...  I look on Marketplace for BOM nail polish. Yeah, that's not the problem.  No such thing.  I am about a half hour into obsessing over the nails by this time.

I considered looking for a tutorial to find out where I messed up, but first, the body HUD one more time.  I'm clicking all over the HUD hoping for a miracle or at least a light bulb appearing over my head, when I click the nail length thinking maybe the nails are just tiny. 😄 The nails appear!  Yes, at some point in time I had turned them off.  I can't remember when.  Cora has been wandering around SL for months or years (who knows how long) with her nails turned off.

This adventure in dressing an avatar has been brought to you by 12 1/2 years of being in SL and still not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

So, here is a picture of updated Cora... and it doesn't even show the hands. Gawd!!! 

The rest of you make having a new outfit everyday look effortless and then there's me. 😊

image.thumb.jpeg.f327ef59dc6e23080ac4b60bd0224cef.jpeg

I love the shorter hair!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

snap_004.thumb.png.24847dcb36336da9932ecb722193155c.png

Here I am on the Tarkus, in full regalia. Yeah, I haven't managed to find a red shirt that fits me yet. Working on it. Not a lot of outfit choices if you aren't using the classic potato, but the market is improving daily. I still have hope.

Glad it's an adult sim, I can be naked and it's okay.

Never let it be said that Starfleet isn't inclusive and an equal-opportunity recruiter. Also Retro Trek for the win. I love the ship builds. And where else can I be a space potato? Don't answer that, it was just a rhetorical question.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 17
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

snap_004.thumb.png.24847dcb36336da9932ecb722193155c.png

Here I am on the Tarkus, in full regalia. Yeah, I haven't managed to find a red shirt that fits me yet. Working on it. Not a lot of outfit choices if you aren't using the classic potato, but the market is improving daily. I still have hope.

Glad it's an adult sim, I can be naked and it's okay.

Never let it be said that Starfleet isn't inclusive and an equal-opportunity recruiter. Also Retro Trek for the win. I love the ship builds. And where else can I be a space potato? Don't answer that, it was just a rhetorical question.

If they start poking you with a fork, do NOT use the teleporter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

If they start poking you with a fork, do NOT use the teleporter. 

I'll remember that, thanks. And I do my best to avoid anything resembling a microwave. I already lodged a complaint about the food replicator serving mashed potatoes, as well.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, PheebyKatz said:

I already lodged a complaint about the food replicator serving mashed potatoes.

I'm not a Trekkie or a potato, although I am baked, but I gather from the name replicator no potatoes were harmed, unless it's the cruel replication of one hapless potato. endless spin cycle in the microwave

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I'm not a Trekkie or a potato, although I am baked, but I gather from the name replicator no potatoes were harmed, unless it's the cruel replication of one hapless potato. endless spin cycle in the microwave

It's not about actual harm, it's about being the enlightened, civilized society they purport to be. I mean, the replicator doesn't offer barbecued human. I'm working on it though, they'll advance, or they'll die.

When my kind finally reveal ourselves in our true form, anyone eating potatoes on that ship will be sorry.

And they'll make great fertilizer, too.

To their credit as a species though, at least they don't require all officers to be caucasian male humans, at least not since joining the Federation. I'm glad they realize that humanity is one. Now if they can just realize that humans and potatoes are one, we can all evolve together.

Until then I'll just have to keep my eyes on them. Good thing I have so many.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

It's not about actual harm, it's about being the enlightened, civilized society they purport to be. I mean, the replicator doesn't offer barbecued human. I'm working on it though, they'll advance, or they'll die.

When my kind finally reveal ourselves in our true form, anyone eating potatoes on that ship will be sorry.

And they'll make great fertilizer, too.

To their credit as a species though, at least they don't require all officers to be caucasian male humans, at least not since joining the Federation. I'm glad they realize that humanity is one. Now if they can just realize that humans and potatoes are one, we can all evolve together.

Until then I'll just have to keep my eyes on them

The replicator does offer bbq human. You just have to phrase it right. But, it's not as good as the real thing.

Also, we have discovered the male caucasian thing to be a myth, they are all mixed beyond repair.

They will advance or they will die is being painted onto my newest death potato star.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1