How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

snap_001.thumb.png.80e5914cb8952c205efab4d316ea6356.png

Everyone happy now? Look, I'm naked and everything.

18+, SLT+2, age and potato verified, happily taken, single, married, up for anything, not looking, poly, monogamous, and sometimes even curly fried.

RP Limits: No idea, I've never played a potato before. And yes, this photo was taken on an A-rated sim.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 10
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

You're good, your peel rezzed, we can see you fine.

Took me forever to find the right skin. Snapshots don't do it justice, cos of my viewer settings. But it feels right, you know? I haven't felt this attractive in a long time.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Just look at their eyes.

Eyes lie, especially on a virtual potato. You know it as well as I do. That other potato could be ANYbody. Heck, I bet half the people playing potatoes aren't even Idahoans. I mean, I'm not either, but still. I can't stand seeing all that horticultural appropriation, even if I'm sort of a part of it. At least MY potato persona is aiming for accuracy, and being respectful of real potatoes' feelings.

Ask any real potato on the forums, or inworld. I never play to stereotypes, like assuming all fries are French, or thinking russets are "dirty" somehow, compared to smoother, lighter-skinned potatoes. And NO, they do NOT taste funny.

And if I can pass well enough, maybe really deep down in my soul I AM a potato. But no worries, I won't get political about it, or drag medical authorities into it. It's just an inner knowing. Until I change my mind later and decide I'm a carrot instead.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Eyes lie, especially on a virtual potato. You know it as well as I do. That other potato could be ANYbody. Heck, I bet half the people playing potatoes aren't even Idahoans. I mean, I'm not either, but still. I can't stand seeing all that horticultural appropriation, even if I'm sort of a part of it. At least MY potato persona is aiming for accuracy, and being respectful of real potatoes' feelings.

Ask any real potato on the forums, or inworld. I never play to stereotypes, like assuming all fries are French, or thinking russets are "dirty" somehow, compared to smoother, lighter-skinned potatoes. And NO, they do NOT taste funny.

And if I can pass well enough, maybe really deep down in my soul I AM a potato. But no worries, I won't get political about it, or drag medical authorities into it. It's just an inner knowing. Until I change my mind later and decide I'm a carrot instead.

You can't just pick and choose. You are either a potato or you aren't, either way, the carrots would welcome you, They did me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still haven't recovered from all the socializing last weekend, so I've been inworld on Cora and did a bit of self-care by updating this alt.  They have a new skin and hair, but I just raided their inventory for an outfit because I have no idea where to shop for neutral clothes (and shopping is still being out in public)

I was cycling through items in the jewelry folder when I noticed Cora had no fingernails.  Well, I just put on a new skin, so I'm trying to figure out what happened.  My mind is thinking that everything is BOM now, so do I need BOM nails?  The only thing I really changed was the skin.  Does BOM skin cover nails?  I don't remember this happening on any other avatars.  I open the body HUD and start clicking all the nail colors.  Nothing happens.  It can't be appliers, right?  I am using a BOM body.  I try all the nail appliers anyway.  Nothing happens.  Uummm...  I look on Marketplace for BOM nail polish. Yeah, that's not the problem.  No such thing.  I am about a half hour into obsessing over the nails by this time.

I considered looking for a tutorial to find out where I messed up, but first, the body HUD one more time.  I'm clicking all over the HUD hoping for a miracle or at least a light bulb appearing over my head, when I click the nail length thinking maybe the nails are just tiny. 😄 The nails appear!  Yes, at some point in time I had turned them off.  I can't remember when.  Cora has been wandering around SL for months or years (who knows how long) with her nails turned off.

This adventure in dressing an avatar has been brought to you by 12 1/2 years of being in SL and still not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

So, here is a picture of updated Cora... and it doesn't even show the hands. Gawd!!! 

The rest of you make having a new outfit everyday look effortless and then there's me. 😊

image.thumb.jpeg.f327ef59dc6e23080ac4b60bd0224cef.jpeg

• Like 29