Jump to content

Brendens? Tracking IPS? How to stop it.


Ayva Meili
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this is the right place to post but we have avatars named Brenden following us. They come to our store and then odd places where we are. This started before I was with my husband/partner. How can someone follow you to sims you are visiting? None in particular just random places we visit. This has been going on a while. When we ban one from store land, another will come and just enter the region and leave. Don't think they're bots but does anyone have this problem. Brendens love us!

Also these avatars are around (7 years 6 months; 2741 days) the only thing that differs is the last name  and the days, they are a few days apart.. They are tracking ip's is what it is. Is this legal and how can this be stopped?

They're not saying a word just coming and leaving. A female with the same birthdates did too so there's more than just that name. Makes no sense and not sure what can be done. Now there are Riley's Brendens and a Heaven too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alwin is right, just to clear.

The IP tell where you are in RL - where the next backbone of your internet provider is. For me that´s the next major city 70 miles away with 1000s of people using this same backbone. So, the IP is pretty useless to find your RL home.

In SL, the IP is useless to track someone.

Monti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are bots but they are definately not tracking IPs.

There are a few swarms of sim jumpers, plus a swarm around the blake sea as well.

The best reason I could come up with is someone has a fancy online tracker that shows where any avatar is on mainland that they are tracking - super stalking. But that is very much conjecture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 years later...

Hi Ayva Meili You can only protect yourself with an anti stalker tool or Orb it will be hard to ban Linden Lab yourself lol It takes very little IQ to determine who these followers are but it shows them how they think. What we all know is that these followers always know where they are and always come near you or end up at your neighbour's - counter question: who has access to the location lists? Does that answer your question?

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PNGANTISTALK said:

Hi Ayva Meili You can only protect yourself with an anti stalker tool or Orb it will be hard to ban Linden Lab yourself lol It takes very little IQ to determine who these followers are but it shows them how they think. What we all know is that these followers always know where they are and always come near you or end up at your neighbour's - counter question: who has access to the location lists? Does that answer your question?

 I think you just raised more questions than you answered. 🤣  

Also... ???

image.png.bd7096bc92eb4a6b32539b78091828ac.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

 I think you just raised more questions than you answered. 🤣  

Also... ???

image.png.bd7096bc92eb4a6b32539b78091828ac.png

They're spamming every post about bots hoping to get interest in their website and anti-stalker product.  Now it seems LL is the one stalking everyone with bots...for some reason...or whatever the conspiracy is.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

They're spamming every post about bots hoping to get interest in their website and anti-stalker product.  Now it seems LL is the one stalking everyone with bots...for some reason...or whatever the conspiracy is.

Yeah I looked at their post history after this and noticed that lmao. My man needs to take off the tinfoil hat. 💀 
Unless maybe they're onto something... Brenden does rhyme with Linden... C o i n c i d e n c e ?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

Yeah I looked at their post history after this and noticed that lmao. My man needs to take off the tinfoil hat. 💀 
Unless maybe they're onto something... Brenden does rhyme with Linden... C o i n c i d e n c e ?

It actually seems more abusive than random bots landing near you.  From his website...

These stalkers follow you greed far they know where you are, when and with whom! They take your IP so they know where and what Sim you are, if you forbid on your land then he comes with new ones or creates a new avatar or he ends up with the neighbor. Thats the Problem! Pleas report all stalkers here!

So you can report anyone as a stalker to this website where they add it to the list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...