Dressing Up

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something appropriate to the event itself.  I'd look at where it is being held, how it is being presented, and whether there is information on the invitation about a recommended dress code.  If there's no other information, I'm probably going with the equivalent of business casual or whatever's normal for my avatar.

For me it would depend largely on what type of event it is and where it is being held.

Formal: A long Sleeveless Lavender and white Body Skimming ball gown with clean lines and Just the right amount of jewlery and perhaps a pair of Long white opera gloves.

Casual: A Cute Sundress In a bold graphic Print with strappy sandles ..short but not to short and not to low cut either. I'd wear a Minimal amount of jewlery, and perhaps a cute floppy hat.

Something that shows off the creative potential for different forms of expression. It wouldn't represent the best of SL if everyone showed up in standard business wear. Maybe something that was neat and tailored, but from another time period or an unexpected country.

I promise not to do ninja kicks while dressed as a geisha though. :matte-motes-smile:

depends. I am on the panel ? Or I am in the audience ?

if on the panel then I probably only take about 16 hours to decide what to wear. If in the audience then only about 15 hours assume I never change my mind again afterwards (:

whichever, I go as myself wearing more stuff than everyone else put together pretty much these days. So just be a lovely strawberry jelly color for pretty much everyone else to see. But thats ok bc is not about them (:

it takes so long bc typically i am wearing:

4-6 system clothing layers. 3-4 alpha layers. At least 5-6 tattoo layers. At least 3 HUDs and avatar enhancers

and about at least 20 mesh/scuplt/prim attachments from my hair down thru my fingers to my toes

takes ages and ages to decide on all these things. Grooming and looking pretty is everything !

or is not worth going at all (:

ps

just in case somebody goes wut !!!! you lag monster !

i just point out that Bree said I am going to be on TV

i am going to be gorgeous ! unlike all them other avatars in their low-lag sack looking outfits that their grandma made for them

and the TV camera people will go: ooo! look quick quick keep cutting to that really gorgeous ever so pretty avatar. And I will be the star of the show, and get millions and millions of likes and about at least a billion views on youtube maybe even 2 billion, and I will be famous

and I will be pretty modest about it as well. bc like would be horrible to think that anyone would think that I was just doing it for the attention and that. Which is not true. And people will see is not true anyways. bc I will be playing my best intelligent nodding agreeing looking earnest and knowlegeable animations ever. Even if now and again I do give my most smouldering lowered eyes look ever at the TV camera, while pretending I never even noticed

i will be fabulous. and get invited to heaps and heaps of other TV shows after that. Well I hope so anyways. Will be like a total waste of 16 hours getting ready if i dont

(:

eta ps: except for the haters. They will hate but only bc they jealous. But thats ok bc I will still love them. I am a good person like that. Unlike them other people who got no TV time and never got famous like me (:

Bitsy Buccaneer wrote:

it would be such a shame if they kept asking why someone would pick such a strange pink avatar. :matte-motes-smile:

I remember when I went to the VMM info meeting. I used a fairly low lag avatar there (although I did wear some mesh clothing) and it was quite a surprise to see myself as just an orange cloud in the video recording afterwards. (I didn't fare as badly as poor Sassy though - whoever made the recording had blocked and derendered her.)

Aethelwine wrote:

I think I would wear one of ChinRey's jelly baby outfits, so it looks like I have really made an effort.

Oh, those have been a big disappointment. I thought I had finally cracked the code for SL haute couture but nobody buys :(

wherorangi wrote:

Everytime we cut away from that pretty avatar we lose about 2 million viewers

But that pretty avatar won't even be there! I've learned to stay away from crowds in SL.

(Chin Rey dodges the rotten tomatoes and escapes out the door before anybody manages to find heavier things to throw at her.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.