Is it cheating?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you have a male avatar, and they are partnered with a female avatar who is not your real life wife and your real life wife starts playing sl and you have an SL affair with your real life wife without telling your SL partner is that cheating.

And on who?

Or whom?

ZoeTick wrote:

If you have a male avatar, and they are partnered with a female avatar who is not your real life wife and your real life wife starts playing sl and you have an SL affair with your real life wife without telling your SL partner is that cheating.

And on who?

Or whom?

I think all people involved in this ménage à trois (or even more, we're in sl, I have to mention this) have to be well informed and consensual with it. Otherwise it is cheating/betrayal, call it what ever you like. Maybe we can  say, that no one has the right to judge (I don't agree here, but this thought is "modern/envogue" now), but everyone has the right to chose, wether to paticipate or not, and for this information is needed. ---from the very beginning. 

Not telling the truth/ not being honest---is cheating.

ZoeTick wrote:

If you have a male avatar, and they are partnered with a female avatar who is not your real life wife and your real life wife starts playing sl and you have an SL
tee time
with your real life wife without telling your SL partner is that cheating.

And on who?

Or whom?

FIFY

No. 

It's cheating when you don't card all your strokes. 

PS And it is impossible to 'cheat' in SL, imho.

PPS  I would invite your SL partner and make it a threesome, and you can send me a notecard with an invite....

Awesome!  We can make it a foursome!

ETA Maybe I can ask Venus to caddy.  Just an idea.

ZoeTick wrote:

And on who?

Or whom?

Who cares if it's cheating?  More importantly, what's deplorable is that you're having sex with your RL wife in VR rather than in person.

...Dres  (Unless, of course, she hasn't hit the douche bag in months and desiccating tuna is the cat food catch of the day... in which case, VR and only VR, sweety.)

ZoeTick wrote:

And on who?

Or whom?

It's only cheating if your SL partner's husband starts playing SL and she has an affair with him without telling you.

DejaHo wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

If you have a male avatar, and they are partnered with a female avatar who is not your real life wife and your real life wife starts playing sl and you have an SL
tee time
with your real life wife without telling your SL partner is that cheating.

And on who?

Or whom?

FIFY

No. 

It's cheating when you don't card all your strokes. 

PS And it is impossible to 'cheat' in SL, imho.

PPS  I would invite your SL partner and make it a threesome, and you can send me a notecard with an invite....

Awesome!  We can make it a foursome!

ETA
Maybe I can ask Venus to caddy.  Just an idea.

Foursome plus one? I'm game!

las-vegas-golf-vacations-parmates1.jpg

Arent SL partnerships based on real feelings, so if anyone is married they are cheating, and those feelings snowballing is a very real possibility, that can ruin career, marraige and family as well as RL partnerships.

ZoeTick wrote:

And on who?

Or whom?

Depends on the way your partners look at it, in real and in sl... 

(Oh, dear..did you as the forum-grammar-nerd suddenly stop using commas yourself? - I have to catch my breath again after reading this post..pyyyhhh.... )  :smileyindifferent:

• Like 1

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Dear Perrie,

I cannot unhear those lyrics or unsee that video.  I hope you are proud of your self.

Ungratefully yours,

Cinn :matte-motes-bored:

Perhaps I should have included a disclaimer.

It does not reflect my personal values.

‎06-09-2015 03:33 PM

Roche Runo wrote:

Cheating is  self defined  

if you think it is  then it is

If you can justify it ain't then it ain't

FIFY

PS Isn't that what you really wrote any

okay i gues you could say that   but  you justify everything you do in life

What i mean was  that other people will think your chearting  even if the the people invovbed do not

hence its a personal deccison

Two sides to every coin i guess

heh i love these philosophical discussions

it would depend on the situation.   It it cheating when some who has mulitple partners base on the religion cheeting

Some would say yes   some would say no.   If a woman who is being tormented by her husband finds solace in the the arms of another  again some would say yes  some would say no.   Defintions of actions  are not carved in storne.  They change.

As for the first  i would say no  the second he same.   however i personally an not invovled 

as for my self  i agree  if you go against what you agreed up at the beginning then yes its cheating

If you havent set the ground rules ahead of time its not. 

Now in SL  that a whole different ball  a wax  Its so easy to cheat the it really becomes moot

Al it takes is creating a second avatart.

So who is doing the cheating  the avatar  or  the person behind the avater lol

• 2 years later...
On 6/3/2015 at 1:25 PM, ZoeTick said:

And on who?

Or whom?

This is SL where sexuality is complicated....

Is your primary SL relationship “exclusive”?

Is your RL relationship exclusive?

Do all your relationships know about each other and approve (Poly) ?

You’d have to address those issues before you could call it “cheating” or not.....

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.