Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I let a whole bunch of people get in front of me on freeway traffic today. 

image.png.323e04b3e2bc1c73738e4dbda8336f2a.pngimage.png.d01749fa19cedb6e05325608ae23fde6.png

Happy Random Acts of Kindness Wednesday gang!  Despite it being the middle of the week, and the world being kinda crabby and mean at times, the simple act of letting cars merge into traffic reminds me that we can change the world one random kind act at a time:D  Aesop, back in ancient Greece (620 to 564 BC) said it best:

image.png.adff2aebeffaef92fc658cf303061955.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jameson2001 said:

I let a whole bunch of people get in front of me on freeway traffic today. 

image.png.323e04b3e2bc1c73738e4dbda8336f2a.pngimage.png.d01749fa19cedb6e05325608ae23fde6.png

Happy Random Acts of Kindness Wednesday gang!  Despite it being the middle of the week, and the world being kinda crabby and mean at times, the simple act of letting cars merge into traffic reminds me that we can change the world one random kind act at a time:D  Aesop, back in ancient Greece (620 to 564 BC) said it best:

image.png.adff2aebeffaef92fc658cf303061955.png

I suppose you'll disapprove of my fascination with "slingshotting". Although I've done it countless times, it's only worked a handful of them. But, that's enough to keep me doing it. I know where most of the speed traps are on I-43 near my home, and when I'm in the fast lane, being tailed by an asshat, I may pull up alongside a car in the slow lane and hang there, locking the clown in behind me to build frustration. One mile from the speed trap, I'll fall in behind the slow lane car and watch the tailgater blow past. If I'm successful, I'll see flashing lights in two minutes.

It's a different story when walking into retail store airlocks. When I'm approaching one coincident with someone else (especially guys), I'll hurry to reach the door handle first, saying "After you!" (sometimes with a curtsy) followed by their "Thank you!" and my "You're so very welcome!". Then, because they'll be the first to reach the second door handle I'll say "Okay, now it's your turn!". This exchange has never, in my more than forty years of doing it, produced anything less than a smile. Though playing with people might amuse me now and then, playing with them makes me happy every damned time.

Happy Pique/Peak of the Week, Kids!!!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Edit-itus.
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone.  Two things I noted this morning that made me say OMG!!!

First, I'm not quite sure how they are surviving in the UK right now:  https://uproxx.com/life/uk-rationing-beer-carbon-dioxide-shortage/

And second, I'm not sure how I'll survive this afternoon if I have to go outside.  This will break our 'today' record and they said we might actually go higher and break our all time record of 105.
image.png.1cc7e76952107611a333614235368df5.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This will break our 'today' record and they said we might actually go higher and break our all time record of 105.

image.png.8c64f6ccb68fdd0a3d5d376bc42d56d4.pngimage.png.b3c67add6931a22bfd62cf1a5e8d99a0.pngimage.png.a3238a1d48f37c58700d703d9af7b2d3.png

Happy Thursday Forum Readers!  Stay cool out there LMJ..... and remember to keep our furry (not Furries) friends cool in the summer sun:D 

P.S.  O.K. you Furries also keep cool out there, we love you too.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

First, I'm not quite sure how they are surviving in the UK right now:  https://uproxx.com/life/uk-rationing-beer-carbon-dioxide-shortage/

And second, I'm not sure how I'll survive this afternoon if I have to go outside. 

This is a true modern existential problem.  More carbon dioxide increases global warming.  Less carbon dioxide produces less beer.  The only mildly reassuring thought is that at least the Brits enjoy warm beer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While I am not a beer person at all, the idea of warm beer truly nauseates me.

How about hot beer? Guinness is my liquid of choice for many dishes, like chilis and stews. I sometimes use in in place of soy sauce in asian dishes. And I sometimes use it in place of milk when making muffins.

ETA: I will usually drink the little bit of Guinness that's left when cooking a meal and don't mind at all that it's at room temperature.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While I am not a beer person at all, the idea of warm beer truly nauseates me.

I am a beer person, but warm beer, that's like... ewww

Had quite a few room temperature beers on my drinking trips in the UK, but nope, not my cup of beer.

Beer has to be cold

cold.PNG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

Stay cool out there LMJ

Well, we did manage to tie the record of 105, though it was down to 101 by the time I left work and I stayed inside all day.  

We have a "cold front" coming - weekend temps in the 80s.  

• Like 2

On 6/28/2018 at 9:08 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

How about hot beer? Guinness is my liquid of choice for many dishes, like chilis and stews. I sometimes use in in place of soy sauce in asian dishes. And I sometimes use it in place of milk when making muffins.

ETA: I will usually drink the little bit of Guinness that's left when cooking a meal and don't mind at all that it's at room temperature.

Oregon's Rogue Ales and Spirits makes a chocolate stout that is a wonderful base for a black bean chili. I chop up chipotle chili peppers for it and add a little cinnamon.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Oregon's Rogue Ales and Spirits makes a chocolate stout that is a wonderful base for a black bean chili. I chop up chipotle chili peppers for it and add a little cinnamon.

Perfect, I sometimes drop dark chocolate and cinnamon in chili. I also love chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, as much for the cute little cans they come in as for the flavor. When I want a little less heat, I'll used smoked paprika.

When I make spaghetti sauce from fresh tomatoes that are a little too acidic, I'll stir in black jelly beans. I could add brown sugar and anise or fennel, but that doesn't raise eyebrows. I'm all about raising eyebrows, ya know.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Uuuugh, 3 1/2 hours of shopping and driving around in this blasted heat. I'm melting, and by tomorrow I'll have my arms red and itchy (I'm allergic to the sun, or something like that).

On the bright side, I found a pretty cheap and nice looking closet that matches the rest of my living room AND it's a bit smaller so that I may finaly get a sidetable to put my phonestation and router onto, instead of having it on the ground like some sort of savage. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

On the bright side, I found a pretty cheap and nice looking closet that matches the rest of my living room AND it's a bit smaller

If the closet had been a bit bigger, you could have put your living room inside it!

3 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

like some sort of savage. 

...swoons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.