Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

59 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Amazon and a few other places are trying this out. 

Ah, OK.  I wasn't thinking about Amazon, which doesn't peddle groceries in my little town as far as I know.  The need still eludes me, but I understand the context.

• Like 2

Good morning ugh it's Monday!

I am once again experiencing a 6 to 8 second lag of first person view of flight (The real time view you see on the display as you are flying the aircraft). This is a short video to confirm the trouble I am having, before I send it back once again to California for repair. Mind you, this is the 5th time back for the same warranty repair. However, no flight should be wasted. The Video is raw with no editing For all of you CWW residents, enjoy the view over the park. And rest assured. There was no damage here when the Sub-Tropical storm came through a few weeks ago. Peace!

dog-mondays-17.jpg

• Like 4

Happy Monday!  Reaching the peak daylight of summer around here in the upper Midwest, gotta love summer:D

image.png.a83823de466f038b1cfacefeaccd8ecc.png

Daylight

5:32 am – 9:24 pm
15 hours, 52 minutes

But nobody can beat Fairbanks, Alaska right now for daylight!  Almost 22 hours, think of all the outdoor stuff you can get done in a day:)

image.png.a3d57bb0fd6d160b610a7d62aaa26c79.png

Daylight

12:00 am – 12:45 am, 2:58 am – 11:59 pm
21 hours, 47 minutes

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

image.png.b1274f6cacfc183fe9b7523f6e263c46.png

Happy Hump Day!  Me and Nugget are watching the grass grow in the backyard.  About a half inch a day!   More to mow, and pee on for Nugget.  I am having the neighbor's dog help me with the mowing though:D

image.png.fd18c2669c8619f516c75a6d19f20f03.png

It's hard to get good help these days. Glad you have your lawn taken care of!

Peace!

• Like 1

I pile up a huge stack of wood and set out a can of kerosene next to it. I  put some cold root beer on the tarmac in strategic locations  leading to the huge pile of  stored up potential energy. I then  retreat to the opps building and waits.

Peace!.

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2018 at 4:23 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have an app that lets me scan my groceries while I put them in the cart so I can check out in an instant.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:02 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Ah, OK.  I wasn't thinking about Amazon, which doesn't peddle groceries in my little town as far as I know.  The need still eludes me, but I understand the context.

On Monday, I received a flyer from King Soopers in the mail, telling me about their new app that will let me scan my groceries as I pick them up and bag them right away.  Apparently, I then stop at the self-checkout to pay when I'm done.

I suppose if I'm just running in for a few things, one or two bags, and I can shop in roughly the order that I would want the items bagged in, then it could save a bit of time.  I'm curious as to how produce that has to be weighed works though.

I chuckled though when I got that flyer so soon after we had discussed it here.

• Like 2

Hi Hippie and everyone here This is my first time trying anything in here   I am new to this VR stuff so I have a long learning curve.

I have some hobbies to list you may find interesting.  I ride a Harley motorcycle,  I go scuba diving  this is very exciting I have been under the sea 130 ft,  I have seen sunken German U-Boats and many fish in the Caribbean  I am a wood worker, I garden and I love nature photography  not too bad for a 63 year old man I have the time now because I retired about 3 months ago

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Juicer63 said:

Hi I'm new here and want to make friends but not sure how to go about it any help will be much appreciated  my name here is Juicer63

Welcome Juicer! Good to meet you! You are among friends here. Make yourself at home! Welcome to the comfy fire!

Peace!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No worries on that front.  SL isn't really VR; just a virtual world. 

Yeah, if you want VR, try Sansar.  SL is virtual, but not reality. Wait .... I think I'm real. And maybe LittleMe, and a few other people.

Welcome to retirement, BTW. I did that about 11 years back. Life doesn't slow down, but suddenly you have more control over your own clock.  B|

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Welcome to retirement, BTW. I did that about 11 years back. Life doesn't slow down, but suddenly you have more control over your own clock.  B|

What the hell are you talking about, Rolig? I retired six years ago and I've never been so damned busy. I've contemplated going back to work, just to have some spare time again.

5 hours ago, Juicer63 said:

Hi Hippie and everyone here This is my first time trying anything in here   I am new to this VR stuff so I have a long learning curve.

I have some hobbies to list you may find interesting.  I ride a Harley motorcycle,  I go scuba diving  this is very exciting I have been under the sea 130 ft,  I have seen sunken German U-Boats and many fish in the Caribbean  I am a wood worker, I garden and I love nature photography  not too bad for a 63 year old man I have the time now because I retired about 3 months ago

Learning is the most fun thing I've ever done, and I expect to continue doing it until I die. A long learning curve is a wonderful thing.

I just finished putting the break-in miles on my boarder's Honda. It was a challenge to keep it upright, as I'm 5'2" and weigh five times less than the bike. I'm also a woodworker and love nature photography, but I hate gardening. And don't talk to me about retirement.

Happy Thursday, Kids!!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I retired six years ago and I've never been so damned busy. I've contemplated going back to work, just to have some spare time again.

I never said I wasn't busy, Maddy. All retirement did was let me change one job for another.  The difference is that now I am the boss, and I decide when I have to get out of bed and get to the office. That is worth the price of admission, even if it means that I can't blame the boss for the work load any more.

And I agree about gardening.  I enjoy other people's gardens but that's not my game.  Neither is painting houses or folding laundry. I've been able to avoid two out of the three in retirement, which isn't bad.  On the other hand, I spend way more time in SL than I might have imagined 11 years ago, and am loving it.

• Like 2

Gardening is fine and dandy as long as I don't have to do it. But that's more to do with my crippling fear of anything close to being an insect. (I don't hate them, they're mostly cool looking, but I still freak out when they come near me. Same with spiders, although I do not have arachnophobia, but somewhat close, I'd guess.)

But what I really enjoy - cleaning windows, for some odd reason.
Everything else get's done, but I'm soo not enjoying it. Not even cooking, and I would sooo love to love cooking.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.