Giant butts have invaded SL.

Etalia Cristole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:17 PM, janetosilio said:

Also, pretty sure Kim K is completely of indo-European descent. 

Not sure that her alleged "butt-implants" are, however...

I personally am overweight. My avatar is also, deliberately, overweight. There is a BIG difference (pun intended) between someone who looks proportionately larger compared to someone who has exaggerated parts. I don't think it's fair to claim that any particular race has any certain shape as there's always exceptions to every rule. But bearing in mind the OP...

3 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Snapshot_001.jpg

^ THAT is exaggerated. And that's the whole point of this particular thread. 🤕

58 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i personally find that calling SL people out as objects of ridicule to be quite depressing. Whether their appearance is exaggerated or not. Where does posting images of people's avatars as objects of ridicule end ?

I'm not sure why you've assumed this is ridicule. People are proud of their avatars, exagerated proportions or not, otherwise they wouldn't be wearing them. They enjoy their big bottoms, so do I. Over the past 15 years I've seen some dramatic changes in desired sl body shape. This is definitely the new one, and kind of refreshing.

Snapshot_002.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

i personally find that calling SL people out as objects of ridicule to be quite depressing. Whether their appearance is exaggerated or not. Where does posting images of people's avatars as objects of ridicule end ?

Agreed in that not sure where you find this is ridicule. It's not to MY standard no. But because I said it was exaggerated (which it is) and didn't say OMG I LOVE IT! This is ridicule? No.

I understand that this is a virtual world where anyone can be anything and do as they wish, rules notwithstanding. But when one exaggerates themselves, whether in fashion, appearance, speech, etc, it does denote a degree of warranting attention. Maybe not always, but at least some people do. There's always been rebels in history deliberately standing out from the norm making their statements. SL allows people to do that. In my humble opinion (since sharing opinions is what we all do in forums), I find this trend strange but kudos if that's someone's cup of tea.

And though the OP is old, it's still relevant today, so it's not a trend that's going away anytime soon. Though I will say I think mesh fits better than it used to generally speaking, even if one has to tweak to get things to fit properly (mesh still beats classic prims, that's for sure!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Not sure that her alleged "butt-implants" are, however...

No, they probably were made in China. The point was that was a response to butt implants being a “Black and Latin thing”, let’s not go down that rabbit hole.

I don't think it's fair to claim that any particular race has any certain shape as there's always exceptions to every rule.

Which was my point.

But bearing in mind the OP...

The original post had someone complaining about xxs mesh sizes being too big and mesh bodies having big butts. I’m pretty sure Maitreya was available back then which doesn’t have a big butt even if you crank up the sliders to 100. In short it was a looney post. 

Then someone (lol) took pictures of people’s avatars to make fun of them (which I thought was against the forum rules) One of which must’ve seen it because she responded. It was avatar shaming and the person that posted the picture got called out.

Lo’ and behold....five years later...doing the same thing. Then someone implied Black and Latin women tend to have bigger butts....when....no they don’t. Someone had to point that out. I was pointing that out. Is it a thing in RL and SL? Sure....let’s just not make it a Black and Latina thing, because it’s not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

The original post had someone complaining about xxs mesh sizes being too big and mesh bodies having big butts. I’m pretty sure Maitreya was available back then which doesn’t have a big butt even if you crank up the sliders to 100. In short it was a looney post. 

Pretty sure the OP was before we had mesh bodies .. perhaps we had the mesh butts but not bodies. The post is about standard sizes not fitmesh. That's a dead give away that the Maitreya body was not released yet. This objection to big butts was pretty prevalent when the first mesh booties made an appearance. I remember the constant remarks about being able to drive a truck between a gal's knees as well and some making similar remarks about the mesh lips that some wore before we got mesh heads. Honestly, this thread would have been better not being revived. It was long dead and IMO should have stayed that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Pretty sure the OP was before we had mesh bodies .. perhaps we had the mesh butts but not bodies. The post is about standard sizes not fitmesh. That's a dead give away that the Maitreya body was not released yet. This objection to big butts was pretty prevalent when the first mesh booties made an appearance. I remember the constant remarks about being able to drive a truck between a gal's knees as well and some making similar remarks about the mesh lips that some wore before we got mesh heads. Honestly, this thread would have been better not being revived. It was long dead and IMO should have stayed that way.

Fine, Maitreya wasn’t out then. Some avatars still have a thigh gap. The point was it was someone with a super skinny avatar saying an xxs standard size was too big. It was wacked out from the start, then it went into proportions , after there was a tirade about mesh lol.

I agree, it shouldn’t have been revived. 

Goodness, the sanctimony. Lets just take a breather a remind ourselves that these are pixels. Pixel butts. Let's not make this into something it's not. Before someone invokes Hitler.

Oi, now I remember why I left the forums. 9_9

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 1

Mesh creators STILL put extra ass and some boob into their clothes WHY! I have a bum I want to show it off not to have it twice the size because of the clothes.

I bought the item below (creator hidden) I'm not slandering here. I got it for the jacket mainly the back part on my bum makes my ass look twice the size.

This could be a way to be able to layer clothing perhaps.

SmartSelect_20190625-161237_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2014 at 9:20 AM, Etalia Cristole said:

I'm sorry if I don't find stretchmark ridden giant balls of flabby fat on my chest and ass attractive

Neither do I and yet I am blessed with all the above. How about we all do whatever we want with our avies? Hope I never see the day to became this salty.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2019 at 11:19 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Goodness, the sanctimony. Lets just take a breather a remind ourselves that these are pixels. Pixel butts. Let's not make this into something it's not. Before someone invokes Hitler.

Oi, now I remember why I left the forums. 9_9

You aren't seriously trying to say that just because it's an avatar people shouldn't get upset when there av is made fun of, are you? People put a lot of money, time and emotion into their avs. A lot see them as an extension of themselves. 

Personally, to each their own. If ya like big booty, awesome! if not, awesome! Don't put people down for how they choose to look. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Personally, to each their own. If ya like big booty, awesome! if not, awesome! Don't put people down for how they choose to look. 

THIS. Always this.

Why should some people be appalled? The positive angle is to either Yum-yum-drool over them or laugh at them. No reason to be appalled. But then again, for those in the appalled category, I supposed it's like a fatal traffic accident: eye-magnet, no matter how horrific.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Katt Dragoone said:

I remember seeing this years ago about, if RL women had SL bodies. I think I peed myself a little when I saw it 🤣

10482291_300614373454707_7329145207520034368_n.jpg

Arms are too long, legs too short, and boobs are not gravity-defying. Butt it's a fun representation just the same. See what I did there? Bahahaha!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 9:19 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You aren't seriously trying to say that just because it's an avatar people shouldn't get upset when there av is made fun of, are you? People put a lot of money, time and emotion into their avs. A lot see them as an extension of themselves. 

I didn't put down anyone's avatar. I posted pictures of avatars with big bums in a thread about avatars with big bums. How is this making fun of anyone? You seem to be (deliberately) confusing this with rl fat shaming, which is ENTIRELY different as many overweight people don't CHOSE to be overweight.

Strawman arguments from people who want to get holier than thou about cartoons. Eyeroll.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I didn't put down anyone's avatar. I posted pictures of avatars with big bums in a thread about avatars with big bums. How is this making fun of anyone? You seem to be (deliberately) confusing this with rl fat shaming, which is ENTIRELY different as many overweight people don't CHOSE to be overweight.

Strawman arguments from people who want to get holier than thou about cartoons. Eyeroll.

Yes you did, you are belittling people's reactions to when their av is made fun of for how they CHOSE to make it. What give you the right to say a damn thing about how anyone looks? I know several women in SL who have made their avs as close to their RL selves as possible and have witnessed plenty of fat shaming jerks around them. The jerks have the same attitude as you, "Its just SL. Don't get so upset." 

Yes, you posted pictures of avs with big butts.. In a thread that was dead 5 years ago..

Even in your final lines you discard how people feel about their representations of themselves in SL as "Cartoons." And you talk about others as holier than thou. 

pot-and-kettle.png.5818cab665631c80c05a77d69b42f63d.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.