SLM Sales haulted for almost a week now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sally Audebarn wrote:

Does anyone know why there has been such a sharp decline in sales over the past few days? Or is anyone else experiencing this problem for that matter?

Same here - no sales for 7 days on the MP.  I started a thread about that wondering if it was because my mainland sim has been offline quite a lot recently, thus taking the Magic Boxes offline.  But if you're using DD, then there is another reason apparently.

Yes I will agree that the overal performance of the marketplace has depleted since the implementation of it's new layout but there had been a noticable slump in sales during August and this thread is addressing that particular matter. So does anyone know the reason behind this abrupt decline?

Sally Audebarn wrote:

Yes I will agree that the overal performance of the marketplace has depleted since the implementation of it's new layout but there had been a noticable slump in sales during August and this thread is addressing that particular matter. So does anyone know the reason behind this abrupt decline?

pathfinding

A shopper told me Search wasn't working right anymore...that it was showing lots of Adult stuff that was really annoying to her...and so she has been going to inworld stores for the first time.

I guess my naughty waterfall that I can't get out of Adult is leading the way for me.

So..take a pic of some of your houses with nude people standing merrily on the porch I guess, and put your new homes in the Adult category :)

Sam here, no decline in sales on the MP for me this month, in fact I've got a fairly decent increase over last month. Might just be something with who would be your customers, maybe not looking for your items at the moment. Or could be that lots of people are busy.

For most merchants there is a bit of a summer slump. Sales are pretty much the same for me, but I don't really sell much on the MP (compared to inworld).

I did hear some in the Commerce group expressing that Search was unusually messed up, returning a bunch of Adult listings, so when my store customer mentioned the same thing it did make me wonder if Search had gone especially bonkers.

My sales have been in very slow, gradual decline through August. 

At first I thought it was probably due to the Olympics and the Mars landing.

But it has continued.

What I do know is that there have also been various problems with internet connectivity more largely, which I have noted in the past as corresponding to sales slumps.

Intermittence of access to Google Chrome, especially, seems to correlate.

But getting repeatedly kicked out of SL and/or the SLM every few minutes in recent days can't be helping, either. 

Sally Audebarn wrote:

Hello Pamela, would you say that sales tend to decline this time of year for home builders being one yourself and all?

I would have no clue what happens with other home builders but I would not think home sales would be any different from any others. This is the first year I have seen a summer slump. I have always heard ppl say there was one but this is the first year that maybe 80% are saying they are experiencing one.  However, the slump began around June and has stayed about the same -- not bad, but somewhat below average. Usually in October it picks back up.

I was just about to post a topic about this and then i saw this thread.

I have had almost three weeks of above average sales (and by that I mean above average weekly cash outs, compared to the last two years of MP sales) and then from Sunday onwards, boom, almost nothing, I have made rent for this month, but that's about it.

What's changed in SL to make this happen?

My sales stopped for a week recently which had not happened  before, but have come back, Monday was a really good day.  All my sales are on the marketplace using DD.  I don't think it's a MB or DD issue the last few week there have been a lot of sims down starting around the pathfinding roll out,  that may have made some people nervous about shopping, plus it a normally slow time of year. 

Big shock for me was getting a notice today that a marketplace JIRA started in 2010 finally got reviewed, and Sunday I put in a MP support ticket, and got a response and resolution in an hour, for a non critical issue. 

>Big shock for me was getting a notice today that a marketplace JIRA started in 2010 finally got reviewed, and Sunday I put in a MP support ticket, and got a response and resolution in an hour, for a non critical issue. 

More hints that the individual identifying as CTL may be going or gone to wherever it was she went before. 

Even so, you can expect 1 October to be a total storm of sh## hitting the fan, with someone other than CTL left conveniently holding the spatula. 

• 9 months later...

I'll chime in, as I've seen some wackiness lately. I think it was Sunday that I had the worst day of the past year. Down about 75% from my norm. It was bad, really bad. Monday was about 20% of my average. Tuesday was somewhat back to normal. The thing is, the week before was quite a good week, and then Sunday came. Now, I have no clue what happened on Sunday, as I'm just not doing a whole lot in SL lately. You can bet tho, that LL did something. My sales just don't fluctuate that irratically.

Let's just say it's been a long week.

And now it's Friday, which used to mean payday and parties but is now but a distant memory in a future where everyday is payday and the work week is 7 days. And that's what I love to hate about being an entrepreneur.

The great thing about necro-posts ... you get to ramble on and you're not really off topic.

I miss the days of getting a brown envelope filled with notes at the end of the week as apposed the electronic payments we get nowadays. Getting to hold all the money you had earned that week made it feel more tangible and it was a nice feeling walking around with loads of money in my wallet for a few hours before I spent most of it on necessities and the rest of it in the pub.

Happy days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.