SLM Sales haulted for almost a week now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have found that sales pick up every year around October and stay up through Feb, then slowly subside. This year they did not subside much, until about the middle of May, when they dropped off precipitously. I never know why, but I suppose ppl are out enjoying the weather or something healthier than sitting at a computer.

• 1 month later...

Billysue Bluebird wrote:

Re: SLM Sales haulted for almost a week now.

Reply to
-

‎05-22-2013
07:03 PM

You probably didn't notice, but this discussion was from last August.

...Dres

hi Dres... it is none of your bussiness if i noticed when the discussion was .

You posted on a public forum, which means that I can read what you've said and decide for myself whether I wish to post something or not.  Having to decide makes it my business.

I was actually being very nice.  If you had any idea about how forums work, you'd understand that usually anyone that necroposts gets ridiculed relentlessly... I did not do that.  Consider yourself lucky.

...Dres

ETA:  I can only assume that, two months from now, you'll come back and chastise me for replying to your post.  Just do me a favor next time and make it worth my while.

Porky Gorky wrote:

I miss the days of getting a brown envelope filled with notes at the end of the week as apposed the electronic payments we get nowadays. Getting to hold all the money you had earned that week made it feel more tangible and it was a nice feeling walking around with loads of money in my wallet for a few hours before I spent most of it on necessities and the rest of it in the pub.

Happy days.

Last week I saw my last payslip. I really looked forward to seeing someone go around distributing the payslips, and I'd wait patiently for mine to be put my desk. The first thing I look at is my accumulated annual leave (more important to me than money). But now it's all electronic. I will have to log on to 'Stafflink' to view my payslip and any leave etc. i just don't think it's going to be as nice as a payslip :(

Did someone say we can talk about anything since this is an old thread? :)

There is something else I've been wanting to say for a while but just didn't know where to say it. So this necro-post thread will do nicely

WARNING - SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC CHAT HERE (perhaps I'm chatting to myself, but that's ok)

Now I've been reading the payments failure thread and I noticed so many distressed people there. Some of the distress was rather irrational in my view. For instance there was this one person who was very very distressed about not receiving payments. He or she prepared spreadsheets to gather information, read numerous forum threads on the subject and filed tickets, jiras etc...because he or she was already L950 out of pocket :smileysurprised:. This person should have calculated exactly what L950 is in US dollars before becoming so distressed.

Now I lost money too and have been reimbursed - but there was never any stress as I have that RL payslip (now electronic) once a fortnight - thank god. I'd hate to have to depend on SL for my livelihood. That is just asking for stress - the stress of getting a decent return for the time and effort you spent on creating a product; the stress when sales start falling and you are driven to work even harder to maintain that small income; the worry about competition and not keeping up with the latest trends; the concern of SL losing popularity; having to depend on SLM and SL to work properly. Added to this is the effort of keeping customers happy -  giving hours of customer support on an item that often costs no more than a cup of coffee, or if you're lucky a cheap lunch.

Now I love creating, There's nothing I enjoy more than to become totally absorbed in creating a new product. And I love customer support and everything else about the whole experience. But it stops being fun when I feel I have to do it - when it becomes no longer a choice but a necessity. 

I think SL and creating for SL is only worth the time and effort if it's a hobby. When you start to depend on that money, that is when the frustration builds up, and that can't be fun - just read the payments thread for evidence of this.

Reading that payments thread you can feel the anger, frustration, and the complete lack of perspective that some merchants have (making a huge fuss about a couple of dollars) -  It's so very not worth it.

Just as a side note why some could get abit distressed is if they rely on some of their sales to pay for their land

If over months of time you earn, say l$1000 per week, i would use half of it to pay for my tier so that i wouldn`t have to bring in money if in a tight real life situation
Ofcourse this is abit risky but some will do it for their land/stalls/listings

Offtopic for me now aswell,
Since the new payment system is in place, the mp speed halved for me while the rest of the internet is just fine, not to mention a ton of that webgl errors that start to appear, why the heck are they even using it?

100% off topic,
Using the mp to search for a skin, why the hell do so many start to morph their photo`s???
You ain`t get my money as the skins look nothing like it inworld, if they did, i`d have spend l$20,000 by now :matte-motes-sour:

hi if you would look closely at my first post you see im replying to someone that instead of posting a new thread found this one. my sales have again been  halted again for days and now in 5 hours ive sold 7 things(this very day). people want to know info like this.

im guessing your the kind of person that if i rezzed a cage from 2006 and you TPed into it you would assume i caged you

and im deciding you also would report me a also just decided you ruined SL

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Using the mp to search for a skin, why the hell

I've had the same skin for 4 years :)

And about paying tier - forgot about that for some people. I guess I'd sell my land if it came to that, and just use the MP. That would be me on the way out - next step would be quitting

Billysue Bluebird wrote:

im guessing your the kind of person that if i rezzed a cage from 2006 and you TPed into it you would assume i caged you

and im deciding you also would report me a also just decided you ruined SL

A 2006 cage would be very high prim. What, would you have a prim for every bar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.