All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Scars add character. I would much rather see a scar and the story behind it (like you are role playing) or adding mystery to an avatar. I wear that one to.
  3. I recently learned of an underground singer-songwriter, Wesley Willis in the outsider music genre. I couldn't stop thinking about his music. I have to make a photoshoot inspired by one of his songs.
  4. yeah agree. I have a hard time with lelutka hud sometimes
  5. You can only have 1 partner on SL. (So far)
  6. I'm going Bananas (Sooner Or Later) Blog: https://dluvsl.wordpress.com Insta: https://www.instagram.com/dluvsl
  7. I built mine in December of 2019, right before hardware prices went thorugh the roof. I spent $700. Since then, I upgraded the video board to a 12Gb 3060, to run Stable Diffusion and experiment with LLAMA and other AI stuff. I also got a gaming monitor with 1ms latency, and 165mhz refresh a little while ago because it was on sale on Amazon for like $75 or something stupid. I think it was for prime day. I don't expect to need to upgrade again for a long time, because it seems like developers are only just now learning to use my hardware's capacity, with multi-threading and CUDAs and all that stuff. Ryzen 7 2700X 32Gb 3000mhz RAM RTX3600 with 12Gb VRAM 1TB, and two 2TB SSDs AX WiFi with good AX router (sent the crappy Verizon router back) @Cinnamon Mistwood is right, though. You don't really need a high end system to game. You certainly don't need a high end system for SL. I think SL users usually do have high end systems, though, because SL users are usually digital creatives. Most of us at least attempt to use Blender at some point. I'm not an expert in anything Adobe, but I am competent with most of the common adobe programs. I tinker with photography, graphics, video editing, music production, and all that fun stuff. Sometimes I'm making stuff for SL, sometimes I'm making it for fun. I do web scripting and some programming for fun, too. I think most SL users are like that. A lot of us aren't, though, and there is nothing wrong with that at all! It's great that SL can run on a potato. Most of us just don't really take advantage of that feature.
  8. LOL Totally agree. I also find it interesting that some of the same people that complained that it would show Premium Plus status on their profile or POF have no issue at all revealing what their computer set up is like and how much it cost. Also the original post question has nothing to do with SL at all so not sure why it's allowed.
  9. Yes! I recommend the * Teegle * group, Teegle Events group, and Bellisseria Riding Club group 😄
  10. 1200-1500 build your own PC will be good for SL. SL is diminishing return too I recently rebuilt my system I did back in 2012 and went from a gtx1080 to a rtx 3070, Barely a difference in FPS performance But because I do alot of video was worth it for rendering. Point is you don't need to get to crazy to build a decent machine for SL
  11. Oh, I also use Erin. Not sure if it was free or I bought it. lol
  12. Objects on your HUD are in isometric perspective, which means it's impossible to make a 3d HUD that perfectly points at an object and doesn't look a little off, but exaggerating the closeness of the target when it's in front of you seems to work decently: key inworld_object = "a10a343b-ec44-cd27-1898-3c15d8f4622b"; float distance_factor_forwards = 0.1; float distance_factor_backwards = 1.0; rotation rINTRINSIC; // see https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/472730-rotations/?do=findComment&comment=2713790 for how to set this value propperly. uLookAt(vector direction, float roll) // to look at a specific position in-world, set direction to (position-llGetPos()) { rotation look = // inline YPR2Rot() llAxisAngle2Rot(<1,0,0>, roll) * llAxisAngle2Rot(<0,1,0>, -llAtan2(direction.z,llVecMag(<direction.x,direction.y,0>)) )* llAxisAngle2Rot(<0,0,1>, llAtan2(direction.y,direction.x) ) ; llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast((llGetNumberOfPrims()>1), // root prim being 0 or 1 is dumb. [ PRIM_ROT_LOCAL, (ZERO_ROTATION/rINTRINSIC)*look ]); } default { state_entry() { rINTRINSIC = llEuler2Rot(DEG_TO_RAD*<0,270,0>); llSetTimerEvent(1.0); } timer() { if(llGetPermissions()&PERMISSION_TRACK_CAMERA) { vector pObj = llList2Vector(llGetObjectDetails(inworld_object,[OBJECT_POS]),0); vector point_to = llWorldPosToHUD(pObj); vector pCam = llGetCameraPos(); point_to.x *= llVecMag(pObj-pCam); // position results for objects behind the camera are funny. if(point_to.x<0) { point_to.z = -point_to.z; point_to.y = -point_to.y; point_to.x *= distance_factor_backwards; }else { point_to.x *= distance_factor_forwards; } uLookAt(point_to-llGetLocalPos(), 0.0 ); }else { llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_TRACK_CAMERA); } } }
  13. I gave Lilly a go when that was given out. Though once I got Avalon, that became my go to. I also grabbed most of the free ones since then, but I keep coming back to Avalon. A couple alts also use Ceylon, and that has some nice looks. My Star Trek RP alt uses Milan, and she looks pretty good with it.
  14. lol. Is this whole thread just a way for people to measure their...? A mid-range laptop will run SL just fine. No one needs to spend $3000 to login and have a great time. It's like those posts bragging about 300fps. To quote one of our frequent forum posters, "That's nice." Maybe we could argue about what's most important for a good experience instead of how much we spent. Video cards? Memory? Internet connection? Cooling fans?
  15. Today
  16. This thread reminds me of Christina Aguilera's "Dirty" video.
  17. The main PC gaming rig I use to run SL was pre-built back when finding a 3000-series nVidia card at retail was near impossible. Five years maybe now? About $2500 at the time.
  18. Yes , and that is one of the main reasons that second life retains a lot of users over the competition. The customization in second life is far more in depth than most of it's competitors that just plop the assets down, as you put it . Most of the mainstream creators in second life who make their stuff no mod are just increasing the likelihood of second life losing numbers . Lol.
  19. In my normal / usual Neko form, I'd "pass" as hoo-mon to the uninitiated. Just with ears, tail, whiskers, and fangs.
  20. @Love Zhaoying Naked seems to do ok (11 regions I think), though they do allow non-human ears and tails. They rent mostly boat slips for those who like nude sailing.
  21. I think there is too much worry over the godmode to be honest. What they should be more concerned with is the apparent Opensim bug that loses the creator name when content is transferred from one grid to another or even when backed up and then imported elsewhere. That is a pita because when one really want to now who made a certain thing, the bug causes the Creator Field to be blank or always "loading". I have to wonder how many creators thought their content had been godded when in actual fact their name came off the creator field due to the bug. Only creators putting some pressure on the Devs is going to get that fixed. I think the shoppers will appear when the same methods they use in SL to entice clients are used over there. Never see any Kitely sales or promotions of their items. Since one is not allowed to sell items for less then a $1, not that many even bother to look through their marketplace because the minimum price there starts at regular price here. In 2013 and 2014 too many creators came over there thinking they could make a killing in a market where there was very little commercial content. Didn't pan out like that because most of the residents were well aware of how much a thing should cost in SL and so resented Creators coming over and charging the outrageous prices they tried for on old content. Even 10% of the SL creators would be more then sufficient but then there is a rising tide of home grown content starting to appear so that maybe by the time it comes to pass for SL creative types to make the switch, it would be too late as there will already be enough low cost or free content to be had. A working economy where there is easy access to funds to buy and sell makes it quite a bit easier and efficient to make micro payments so that people would be happy to take advantage of it. I'm surprised in some ways that Tilia didn't actually approach some of the larger grids to offer it because if they had of had a bigger client portfolio, they could have sold for more.
  22. Hi I'm selling a 9216 sqm parcel for $15,000. It has land and water. It's a nice lot . http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dace/95/31/31 Come on over and see it if you would like to. . .
  23. Thank you NakedSummer. I was devastated at the news of his death and basically just destroyed everything. I wanted a rollback but it took too long to process the ticket so the 72 hour time expired. I've tried to rebuild it in the same "feel" as he liked but it's not a carbon copy of course. Sorry for that. I had a few of his prims in my inventory so I used them as the foundation for the new build. Maybe eventually when I feel better and have more energy I can do better and try to recreate the ambience of Script Shark at Adult Sandbox. I remember when the Lindens first rolled out Sondraman. There was a land rush because the prices were lowered and there were extra prims. Paul was originally going to get this tiny little spot nowhere near water until I showed him the location of Adult Sandbox. I said hurry Paul before someone else grabs it. At first there was a struggle to get it. The Linden wasn't going to let him have it but then eventually did, mostly surrounded by protected waters. That's the humble beginnings of Adult Sandbox. He did have other land in the past, private and mainland both. But he owned Adult Sandbox the longest so this will be his final SL resting place. Outside SL his family will spread his ashes and sadly I'm stuck in the hospital. Since I'm currently in the hospital in France and I don't have my older computer with most of our memories stored, I felt the need to be in SL. I do realize I need grief counseling to get through this, if it is even possible because honestly I don't think I ever will. I never recovered from the loss of my grandmother and I've actually known Paul longer. I've known him for 20 years and together for 18 and partnered for 17 and a half years. There has not been one day that we did not speak or see each other in some form. We didn't live together even though he wanted to for many years. Paul had a partner before me, the mother of his 2 adult children. They were separated by beds when we first met, just room mates basically. Although he loved her as the mother of his children and cared for her as a friend, the romance was gone. So many times he wanted to leave but I said no because at that time his children were minors and his youngest daughter had bone cancer. I felt he needed to physically be there even if he and his ex partner were not together romantically. I don't regret that decision because children should always be first that is if it is possible for 2 people to live together peacefully. It's not always possible but in this case it worked. Actually it was his ex partner who told me of his death. So I'm very grateful to her. I know this is difficult for her too because even if their romance had been gone for years, they shared a past, they continued to be friends and room mates and shared 2 children. He has a widowed sister who will be devastated. Several times a year, mostly on big holidays he would visit his sister in Amsterdam, eat something simple like fries and some Dutch meat pastry. Then he would spend hours working on all her papers and documents and taxes. I don't know who will do that now. He did the same with his mother until she died from diabetes. Paul was good at taking care of people he cared about. He took care of so many. I tried to take care of him in my own way but honestly he mostly took care of me and even my kids. Then are all his work buddies too. A lot of people will mourn the loss of Paul. I had decided that once I was better and out of the hospital that I've been in for the past year, that would change. I was finally ready to take the big leap after all these years because life is just so short. I nearly died last year. I thought I would die before him. But none of that makes our relationship any less real. Living together is not what determines the nature of a relationship. The fact that we were together all these years, even long distance is a testimony to that very love that we shared, even beyond death. I think a 20 year friendship and an 18 year romance is something whether we lived together or not. It may not seem like much but I do take great comfort that at least in SL we were partnered. He was and still is my everything and always will be. You know it's real when someone just loves you unconditionally despite your flaws or what you look like or how you change as you age because we all do. Love is blind, at least for us it was and still is and it is eternal. I was a co-owner in the group so that way if anything happened I could take the property. This was what Paul wanted. I did that once I knew he died. The next step is to protect his account. I don't want to use it or even log into it. I just want to have it to safekeep as a memento. I'm sure everyone can understand. Hopefully that will be possible. It mostly depends on if his family agrees to it or not because he did not have a will since he didn't expect to die. I thought I would die first but then life threw a cruel curve ball. Once again thanks to all the love and support from the Adult Sandbox patrons, from my SL friends and from the general SL community. You guys are all amazing and I love you. Our love might sound complicated. But for us, it was just natural. The only thing that really mattered to us it that we loved each other. Even when I got so sick and even gained weight from lymphedema, Paul would just say, you're still Ginger. The love and care is there. We are soulmates so that can never change. He was coming to visit me at the hospital very soon but then life happened. He's been with me during the whole time at the hospital, calling me several times every single day. He even spoke to the doctors a few times. I'm just devastated. I just miss and love him so much.
  1. Load more activity