All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. In the before times, in the long-ago in history back, before mesh bodies, people struggled to make reasonably proportioned shapes with the avatar mesh when it was under a certain height. You ran the risk of your sternum collapsing visually in some animation poses and the like, so people got used to breaking the virtual meter standard from an early time. Then they got into some kind of arms race about who can be bigger. It's basically ruined SL ever since in terms of using the Linden Meter for measuring and building, since most just convert Real Meters x1.25 or so to Linden Meters and it makes you look like a wee small person sitting on a lot of even currently made furniture. It will never be solved.
  3. If you're on a private estate in local.chat, that is a restricted audience and that communication is not accessible to anyone other than those on the estate. I'd assume that is what a company would do.
  4. Has anybody seen any PBR bugs fixed recently in the LL viewer? I have a feeling the dev resources have all moved on to the glTF scene stuff already. (If so, Firestorm could be in a "Waiting for Godot" situation.)
  5. So, some of us have basically kind of dialed it in on the conversation we've been having in other threads that people react more to facial features than Avatar height as an indication of age.
  6. "Sobek is an Egyptian deity, based on the fierce Nile crocodile! His mythos are full of bloodshed, which is apropos for a god of protection! A crocodile avatar has been on my bucket list for a hot minute, and this mod is the one I’ve been waiting for!" Read more on the blog
  7. Oh shoot, I forgot about height deformers...need... Yeah no, I'm not at all concerned with my own height in terms of adult content or anything. It's just a stylistic choice for certain avatars I run. It's just that out in the wild, I see mostly shorter women and some of the guys are up there, but it doesn't seem overly noticeable. The ONLY person I've seen that I'd classify as a "giant" is a woman who showed up to last year's Fantasy Faire wearing one of those humongous giant avatars. Like, we'd be as tall as her ankle kind of humongous. Seriously cool avatar, but damn, lol.
  8. Years ago a friend of mines business tried to have meetings in SL. He even had an account paid for by his corp for years. They had maybe two or three meetings, eveyone kept showing up as cat, dragons, and all kinds of goofy critters for the meeting. They never could get anyone to behave in a professional manner, or even look the part. They pulled the plug on the meetings but didn't pull the plug on the SL accounts till almost a ten years later.
  9. i know how it works... click ignore, and next reply the muter will not be able to hold in and reads it.. There's no need for that i'll still see your pics and will like them when i like them, it's not you committed a crime, the pic looks great.
  10. I've never seen you out in the wild. Since the concern is mostly about appearing too small for adult situations, I don't image that's a concern for you either. I'm mostly IN adult regions and just don't see it. There are a few men who are extremely tall who do use a height deformer. They seem to be the except and not the rule. As far as females? Less than a handful on any given day.
  11. Yup .. From the privacy policy These things are mutually exclusive. You can host your company meeting in SL, and LL can sell your chatter to your competitors.
  12. I was trying to be funny, but is obviously not a comedian... I thought I answered all those things in the reply to you in the original thread... (And I added even some more info just now to that post to get the info as complete as possible) Ban and report - never done that ever with anyone... Mute someone? Dont tempt me...
  13. LL will probably add encryption, then people will complain about THAT. Now taking bets!
  14. Meeeeeeee. I'm probably not who they're talking about, though. As a very tall person (or thing, or whatever), my observation has been that many people are very short. Primarily the avatars in Reborn or Kupra. I tower waaaaay above some of those. Legacy and Kario dudes are pretty tall, though.
  15. That makes sense. I guess I don't run into that because I don't manually change clothes parts except when creating an outfit... once its saved I just click the outfit I want to wear and let the viewer change everything... the most I have to do is hit the save stick to apply my body changes, like alpha layers if needed, in an extra click. I don't have those extras on with outfits they aren't needed on... though I mainly only use ones for toes.
  16. This is supposed to be a thread about those concerned they might have to change their maturity setting due to the new TOS. Can we get back on topic as it was until Love derailed it, in the way he always derails my threads.
  17. trust me they tried with the third party viewer directory, Oz would wave that around frequently to be honest, this point on the policy could be done, as it's becoming a problem with more and more PBR products releasing at events etc. everyday I am coming across loads of people that aren't even aware this feature exists, even though it's been around for 6 months, and guess what -- they're firestorm viewer users
  18. I read this and got a "warm and fuzzy". ❤️ Or a frisson, if you prefer, although it wasn't due to chills.
  19. It's still touted as a thing on SL's home page, believe it or not.
  20. Well, "right mind" might be a stretch but I have one roadside in Bay City - Dennis. I use it to run traffic probes to track the ferries, balloons, and Route 66 buses for "transit maps". I kept a roadside 16 in Nova Albion for tracking the Luna Oaks / Dore trolley.
  21. For some reason this line made me laugh.. hehehe I just picture kid streamers on youtube doing shorts. Just hit my growth spurt, check it out Fam! We're gonna literally need like literally 100,000 likes on this to keep it up, so hit the like button and subscribe and don't forget to ring the bell. like literally.
  1. Load more activity