All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I did contact them after the change to ask for my info to be removed and got a nice, if a bit sad, email back confirming it. I wasn't actually that bothered so it was more out of curiosity. Don't recall any 'consent' as such but there was something about it that I followed.
  3. Personally, I like getting glimpses of which computers people (that I "know" in a vague use of the term, like forumites) use, I also sometimes watch "my desk setup", "my minimalist apartment", and the like on YT. Probably I'm just interested to see how others live, as I don't get into many other people's spaces "in real life". The most interesting aspect for me here is whether people bought their (beefy) computer expressly for SL or not.
  4. Tea Garden Estate Professionally landscaped - Residential Forest Dreams * Waters Edge Forested with beach 8192 sqm 2500 prims 2785 L$ wk Residential only Romantic Moods * 5376 sqm with hidden pond 1640 prims 1699 L$ wk residential only * SE Corner 8192 sqm 2500 prims, 2875 L$ weekly. Residential only * 4864 sqm 1484 prims, 1599 L$ weekly. residential only * Corner 4096 sqm 1250 prims, 1599 L$ weekly. residential only * Land purchase price is first weeks tier Use the TP below to view available land Office > http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Forest Dreams/112/120/645 IM Teagan Parnas with any questions https://teagardenestates.weebly.com/#
  5. A lot of the "no mod" thinking goes back into the distant days when people thought it allowed creations to be stolen. That was debunked years ago but it the thought remains - as does "clear your cache" solves all lag issues. However, it is the right of the designer to make their original creations no modify. With that said I would encourage designers to remember that time has moved on and full bright should be used on light bulbs only and if you sell it with copy rights then please also add a script scrubbing feature to remove the texture selector/resizer once we have it the way we want it. Thanks
  6. The current one around 1.5k€, let's say 2k$ to make it simple, so pretty much your amount. The most pricy one I've used SL on was 2k€, and the first one is a bit hard to remember, I think it might have been a 399€ laptop. I need higher performant computers for my job, these years, didn't buy them "only" because of SL (but SL is a "side consideration" in buying, when I do, since my second foray into SL, didn't stick around after my initial curiosity visit). If I'd not need higher specs for work, I'd be fine with anything that does web browsing, email, YouTube and a few comparable streaming sites quickly and reliably enough. Come to think of it, though, I'd pay not any but a hefty premium to not have to downgrade to "back in the AOL days" speeds, in any case, where you could wash your dishes while waiting for one page to build up, admittedly! People my age and above will remember the excruciating pain and beeps of the early days
  7. I wasn't registered for sansar side. I am with tilia for buying/selling l$, so I'll be watching this one.
  8. Today
  9. I think a lot of us here do understand the significance of the partnerships, especially long term ones, that are formed in SL. Not all SL relationships are just roleplay, many of them are as real as any other relationship. 20 years is longer than a lot of marriages. I hope you know that in SL, you can be surrounded by people who actually get it.
  10. I'm looking forward to the GDPR stuff. Need a users consent to merge our information.
  11. There has been no change in that management list since Jan 6, 2024. Three Tilia managers, two LL managers, Brad and the General Counsel who works with both LL and Tilia is the present listing. The last change was on Dec 25, 2023, when two LL managers vanished. https://web.archive.org/web/20231225132519/https://lindenlab.com/about
  12. Mazzaro and the other stores in the same building have a lot of clothes for the weekend sales for men. Always try the demo first. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heartbreak/106/108/23
  13. Forum tip, read the thread title. If you know that you are likely get 'aerated' by feedback threads it makes it easier to avoid those kind of upsets rather than trying to police general humanity with their various opinions which you may not agree with.
  14. For the weekend sales for CZ Slim at Mazzaro, I'll be picking up a few colours of this I think
  15. This is why I will not buy no-mod clothes containing the pre-V5 autoalpha for Maitreya. Even popular (and now defunct) Blueberry was still doing it. The V5 autoalpha allows the user to mod the alpha cuts without the clothes having to be mod. Still best not to buy no-mod clothes though.
  16. Forgive me in advance if this has already been posted since I stopped reading this very long thread at page 10. Scroll down to find our Fearless Leaders at the helm, including Patch. https://lindenlab.com/about Notice that Tilia management is now completely missing from management's duties, suggesting acquisition rather than partnership. By the way, who managed Tilia last week? My recollection is that management was rather Tilia heavy. I can't help thinking that the loss of and cursory reassignment of two key positions, engineering and marketing, does not bode well. With any luck, those critical rolls are filled by people whose caliber matches that of those they replace. When those two roles are filled, I will feel more confident regarding SL's future,
  17. The PC I sit at .. it's a Frankenstein, parts of my home / build server, parts of my gaming rig, all hodge podged together with the drives from my NAS after shuffling PC parts about to donate some upgrades .. that I then stuck a 4080 super in for blender reasons (and am now in limbo as I need a new mobo that has space for a second GPU, only this card is 3.5 slots and insanely big). I have no idea what it's cost or worth a this point. Gentoo Linux with an occasionally used PCI pass-though windows VM (mainly for steam VR->quest3 games) I'm probably just going to build it into a 19" rack and fill it with water cooling and unicorn vomit leds. I have spent thousands on PC's and hardware to test, debug and benchmark SL. including a number of original cheese-grater mac pros & M1 laptop, boxes of graphics cards (many of them picked specifically because they had terrible drivers). PC, hardware in general and restoring stuff is a major hobby and I have computers going back 40 years and all the tooling needed to work and repair them. It's been fun giving some of this junk of a little extra life while working on Catznip, especially when it's been to gain insight into issues that only really show up on actual ewaste.
  18. Chomping on many feathery yellowhammers. S L U R P
  19. OK now that button is good when you have alpha in the directory. Where to find cloth for Jake without holes when no alpha is in the pack? Do you have a list of shop where I can go ?
  20. " you want to success ? well , follow the crowd become the people pleaser, do what they want you to do or react. accept their view event yoy dislagreed. sort answer, be faked and deny youw owns" I don't understand what you means? Can you explain in simple words.
  21. I have the same problem. Where to get cloth? It is like some people know where are shops. Is there a directory somewhere of shops? Sometimes I receive notification of things I don't understand : Probably shops who are looking for customer And sometimes as a customer I don't find shops.
  22. Community: Event RIDE OUT FIRE DRAGONZ MC 1 PM SLT Time: FRI, 4.26.24 1PM slt Duration: 1 hour Location: Start Click Here - Start TP - Cuts & Tags MC's - Others Casual - Come Ride Enjoy! Host: Mavericks MC, Door to America, Whitelisted, Global Initiative Category: SL MC Community, Motorcycle Clubs in SL, The Interstates Don't Miss Out on Riding Mavericks MC: Falls/196/86/24 COME VISIT DOOR to AMERICA: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Door to America/221/203/417 New SL Citizens @ DtA: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Door to America/146/147/24 Door to America Blogspot: Door to America Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/DtDHQs9aRb Join us @ Seniors Against Loneliness: Search in SL Groups (New Group Outreach) Mavericks MC is currently recruiting - come, visit! DOOR TO AMERCIA FEATURED IN SL DESTINATION GUIDE: DtA NOTE: We ride from bottom to top, no stop, and say "RC RC RC" in text or Voice, and we'll get you where you need to be. If you're looking for a good fit in a riding club or motorcycle club, join us on our ride outs @ 1pm & 7pm daily to check out all the clubs we ride. Many of the MC's and RC's have great people to meet and ride with. *We are looking for a good few men (& women)! We have 10 patched slots open out of 36. We don't take patch-overs. If you've been out of an MC for 30 days or more then give us a look. We are not a dating site! Combat veterans and veterans welcome! We don't discriminate against race, color, religion, sex gender, nationality, age (18 and older), politics, or disability. We may be the fit you want as a member of Mavericks MC. Please contact ℂђȼяяץ™ (cherryann.kayor) YOU may not know us, but there was a time when you didn't have groups or a lot of friends in SL until you met them first. Maybe, it's time you visited a new region just to say hello, meet some new people and, possibly, some new friends! Don't forget to visit our "Nightmare Before Christmas" Track
  23. It has a TUNOVER of over $500,000,000, apparently, but that is NOT the same as "makes", that's before they pay employee wages for LL and Tilla, the bill from AWS for the servers, the bill from Akami for the CDN, the rent/mortgage on the HQ, the repayments on the leveraged buyout loan, and of course, the T. A. X. ( spelt out rather than said because Muricans are severely allergic to the word ) paid to the IRS. That's why you'll hear "turn over of 500 mil" AND on other sites "makes [whatever] mil".
  1. Load more activity