Is there any way to find out when a user's last login date was?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I've been having trouble contacting certain friends of mine, and the main obstacles seem to be 1. that I can't tell if they haven't logged in in a long time, and 2. I have no way of knowing where they were last... I don't know, maybe I missed something. It might sound invasive but I haven't spoken with them in almost 2 years. IM doesn't seem to be getting their attention. pls halp
  • Like 1

• 7 years later...
12 minutes ago, vanillabreeze said:

https://community.secondlife.com/profile/.... has a joined date and a last visited is that not the same as the last time they logged on?

those are the first and the last time they were on the community page, last time inworld is visible in the groups, as mentioned in the other posts.
For example my community profile says join date march 31 2014, but my SL rezzday is oktober 12 2006

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 1

As a few have mentioned just look at their groups if you can see them then join one of the groups and look them up in the member's list. Now some groups don't show the members list so you might have to try several of their groups until you find one that does.

Oh, you can also use this as a method to see if they are online or not too and just marked as offline to you. For no matter what they set their privacy and online status setting to, they will always show up as either online, if logged in or offline if not, in the group regardless of what they chose.

Some people like to think they can hide if they are online, but really you cant if you share groups that they are in. Plus there are inworld objects you can buy and use to track them if they log in. Just requires you to be able to rez the item somewhere and leave it out and wait.

8 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Not if their groups are hidden in their panties.

Which I do to prevent online stalking by those I don't want to talk to. So unless they already knew my groups or I met them from the group and still a member of the group; they can't see my groups. Luckily a lot of those group hiding groups also don't show the member list in them. So someone cant just join that group then to see when you were last online or if you are online at the moment. So unless they just get lucky joining random groups and ever see you post they won't be able to know.

grr.. it split my post when I was trying to edit it and didn't notice.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
silly forum..

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Well, this is unusual. This thread jumped from October of 2011 to today and nobody batted an eye; it just kept on trucking as if nothing had happened.

Where's Drake with his Necromancer tarot card?

I typically only notice if there have only been a couple of new posts when I pull it up to look.  If there are already many posts after it was revived, I seldom notice the original date.

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Actually, many Online Tracker HUDs will do it: some can be rezzed and will track not only when people are online, but also when and for how long. 

2 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Well, this is unusual. This thread jumped from October of 2011 to today and nobody batted an eye; it just kept on trucking as if nothing had happened.

Where's Drake with his Necromancer tarot card?

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I typically only notice if there have only been a couple of new posts when I pull it up to look.  If there are already many posts after it was revived, I seldom notice the original date.

Is officially resurrected because I provided new information that wasn't available back then. :P

But now it can die all over again because I provided the defacto answer to age-old OP question. The answer to which is 42. Or was it 43? Ugh, need to watch that movie again.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

Just trying to jog my own memory . . .

Didn't people's profiles used to display their last log-in date? I'm talking about several years ago.  Not that it's any help to the original poster now, I'm just curious.

I started in early 2007 and don't recall such, so if it did, it must have been earlier than that.  Given all the changes that happened from the very beginning up to my start time, it is entirely possible that such was the case.

6 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

Just trying to jog my own memory . . .

Didn't people's profiles used to display their last log-in date? I'm talking about several years ago.  Not that it's any help to the original poster now, I'm just curious.

Yes, it did, At least through 2008.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I started in early 2007 and don't recall such, so if it did, it must have been earlier than that.  Given all the changes that happened from the very beginning up to my start time, it is entirely possible that such was the case.

It did at least through 2007.  I remember that I relied on it for a reason I don't remember now (though I could be misremembering the when, but it WAS a feature in profiles) - it may have "stopped" when they went to web-based profiles.

Edited by Alyona Su

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

It did at least through 2007.  I remember that I relied on it for a reason I don't remember now (though I could be misremembering the when, but it WAS a feature in profiles) - it may have "stopped" when they went to web-based profiles.

Wow, I totally do not recall such.  Then again, my memory of my early SL days is a bit foggy in some areas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.