You Know You're Hooked On SL When...

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just being in world whenever possible and staying there way too long.

Just being on a phone, even in company, scoping the forums and even buying stuff in the Marketplace.

Regarding friends in SL as RL friends, and valuing time spent in their company. Looking forward to hanging out in world.

That's why SL isn't a game. It's too involving on a real life level. Totally and completely unexpected.............

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Just being in world whenever possible and staying there way too long.

Just being on a phone, even in company, scoping the forums and even buying stuff in the Marketplace.

Been there, done that. Except for the buying stuff on MP over the phone bit. You want my t-shirt? It's got a few holes in it.

37 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Regarding friends in SL as RL friends, and valuing time spent in their company. Looking forward to hanging out in world.

That's why SL isn't a game. It's too involving on a real life level. Totally and completely unexpected.............

Welcome to SL. Now if I could just get that to happen for me. ^_^

Edited by Selene Gregoire

when you find a GOOD rp sim. So far some sims for rp i have done (and thoroughly enjoyed/still enjoy):

1. Santa Ramona Valley, This is a good sim to roleplay in. And I am close friends with the sim owner, I rp as his niece.

2. Novus Ascending, typical D&D sim. Can be fun at times.

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, CheriColette said:

When you are use to wearing  'cut-out' dresses and wonder why people are objecting in RL 

Kim Kardashian.jpg

I knew you were referrring to this before I saw the picture! News is news. It would be interesting to see pictures of women wearing this whose breasts don’t align or fit (sagging, etc.). Because reality.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, WinTrain said:

You know you are hooked on SL when you take your computer/laptop to the bathroom to get away from the screaming kids and let the entire grid hear them screaming through your mic while you hiding in the bathroom from the kids and husband.  (Seen this many times).

When you Necro an 8 year old thread...  How did you even find this? 

STOP NECROING OLD STUFF!!! 

Necropost.jpg.bd545f14ac705ad23ab3e92c3f912458.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

When you Necro an 8 year old thread...  How did you even find this? 

STOP NECROING OLD STUFF!!! 

Necropost.jpg.bd545f14ac705ad23ab3e92c3f912458.jpg

Where were you a few days ago when WinTrain was necroing every thread from 2011 claiming it was all relevant still today? Even the "song" threads he necroed. >.<

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 3

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk, as I am now. Suddenly there were some suspicious sounding banging and clonking noises from outside. I got up and went to look out the window. There was a woman in a small, black BMW something or other. It was new, with no plates and only the temp permit stuck in the back window. She was in the middle of the street, but perpendicular to it, and trying to turn around. I heard engine revving, gear grinding, and tire chirps.

She had tracked mud in the street as she maneuvered her car, picked up from, I now noticed, the green strip between the street and the sidewalk. Somehow, she had run up over the curb (bump!), onto the green strip and across part of the sidewalk in an arc, and bumped into our tree (smack!). She narrowly missed my car. I have the urge now to place a sign on the tree for the landscape boys who come through our neighborhood every week."It wasn't me!"

This street, in front of my house, is wide enough for me to do a slow U-turn with my outback. This woman was doing seven point turn-around, in this tiny car. She was doing it very slowly and giving the impression of both not knowing how to drive that car, and being completely lost. Finally she managed to get pointed in the direction she apparently wanted, and drove off at the speed of a brisk walk.

I thought to myself 'What is her problem? Is she really that inexperienced driving this car? Any car? Is she drunk? Does she have impaired vision?' Then, in the back of my mind and with an inner chuckle 'Maybe there's a sim crossing running down the center of the street.'

At any rate, I now have some souvenirs from this event. Tire tracks ripped through the grass (It wasn't me!), small scrapes in the bark of the tree, and a small piece of black plastic that used to cover something underneath the front of that car. It broke off, probably when she drove up over the curb.

o.O

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CheriColette said:

When you are use to wearing  'cut-out' dresses and wonder why people are objecting in RL 

Kim Kardashian.jpg

That looks like something a designer messed up on and ran out of time and said to her..My new masterpiece,And she bought it hook line and sinker..

It's like a dress that it's whole purpose is to show off plastic surgery..

Kim,I'm telling you,Bondage wear is in this season..

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That looks like something a designer messed up on and ran out of time and said to her..My new masterpiece,And she bought it hook line and sinker..

It's like a dress that it's whole purpose is to show off plastic surgery..

Kim,I'm telling you,Bondage wear is in this season..

It's just bad taste embarrassing.  Unless it's in SL, but even then I wouldn't......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.