You Know You're Hooked On SL When...

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think there was a thread like this a long time ago in the former forums that was a lot of fun to read!  So I thought I'd start another and see where it leads.  So...how do you know you are hooked on SL or have SL always on the brain? 

1 - When you're shopping in RL and find something you really like, you wonder how many prims it is so you don't go over your limit.

2 - When you look at a price of something in RL, you calculate the cost into L$.

3 - You look around for the TP UP button when you're in a RL store with 2 floors

4 - If you go shopping in RL for school clothes, you try to find the perms on the tag so you can be sure you can transfer them to your kids

5 - When you go out dancing, the first thing you do is look up towards the ceiling to find where the danceball is

These are just 5 to get us started.  What else can you think of?

LOL this is great.  I've had those moments as well!  Most recently though, I was watching the news, and the newscaster was beatiful, with the most creamy skin.  I actually thought to myself, "Wonder where she got that skin, I need to go get a demo."  Very sad when I realized it was rl and I was stuck with my own skin and freckles. :)

Eve1209 Quintessa wrote:

LOL this is great.  I've had those moments as well!  Most recently though, I was watching the news, and the newscaster was beatiful, with the most creamy skin.  I actually thought to myself, "Wonder where she got that skin, I need to go get a demo."  Very sad when I realized it was rl and I was stuck with my own skin and freckles.
:)

/me laughs!

Theres one I've not done before.  Good one Miss Eve!

You know you're hooked when you want to jump from the highest building if you see your friend walking on the street below and want to surprise him with your latest 'Splat' attachment.

You also know you're hooked when you try to cross the Atlantic Ocean walking the bottom just to get a fresh doughnut.

AuroraLeRoi wrote:

When you start buying clothing that mimics the clothes your avatar wears.

Yep!  I've been known to look around for things similar too.  I remember once trying to find the telephone number of a store in the phone book and couldn't find it fer anything...when I realized that had totally been looking for Hoorenbeek's phone number!  LOL!

Six Igaly wrote:

You know you're hooked when you want to jump from the highest building if you see your friend walking on the street below and want to surprise him with your latest 'Splat' attachment.

You also know you're hooked when you try to cross the Atlantic Ocean walking the bottom just to get a fresh doughnut.

:smileyvery-happy:

These are two good ones also!  I've not experienced either one yet, but it could be fun!

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

when you have seen like ten " you know you are hooked when " threads over the years
:P

i'm not knocking your thread..i'm just feeling old lol

Heheh...Miss Ceka.  I guess I can understand.  I see threads around the forums I think the same thing about sometimes. 

i think they are fun threads..

but it was the best i could think of as to how i know i am addicted LOL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.