You Know You're Hooked On SL When...

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

when you use 'delete' to refer to getting rid of stuff in RL  [...]

I did that before SL =X

...when viewing web pages and pictures and you try to click zoom/pan to get a closer look or better angle.... especially bad for me since I map my extra mouse buttons for that in SL, so it's near automatic to try with pictures

Elithera Blackheart wrote:

I have friends with streaks in their hair and thought, "If only you could change that to purple with a click...."

A female newsreader on TV yesterday had very "bouffant" hair that just didn't look right, and I wanted to click it and click the -.05 button.

Whenever I check out googlemaps street view, I try to alt view inside the places I used to live or work or visit.

If I see someone interesting on the bus or in the street, it ticks me off I can't just click on them to pull up their profile.

And when I've been waiting for a bus for what seems like hours I just wish one of those driverless vehicles that patrol the Linden mainland would happen on by then I could hop on board.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Elithera Blackheart wrote:

I have friends with streaks in their hair and thought, "If only you could change that to purple with a click...."

A female newsreader on TV yesterday had very "bouffant" hair that just didn't look right, and I wanted to click it and click the -.05 button.

Whenever I check out googlemaps street view, I try to alt view inside the places I used to live or work or visit.

If I see someone interesting on the bus or in the street, it ticks me off I can't just click on them to pull up their profile.

And when I've been waiting for a bus for what seems like hours I just wish one of those driverless vehicles that patrol the Linden mainland would happen on by then I could hop on board.

Hahahahaha!  Me too, me too!

Void Singer wrote:

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

when you use 'delete' to refer to getting rid of stuff in RL  [...]

I did that before SL =X

...when viewing web pages and pictures and you try to click zoom/pan to get a closer look or better angle.... especially bad for me since I map my extra mouse buttons for that in SL, so it's near automatic to try with pictures

This. So many times, on all kinds of software including browsers, photoshop, video playback and, recently, grabbing for a non-existant ctrl-alt-mouse combination on a friend's digital photoframe to see what was just off the edge of the picture.

• 7 years later...

You know you are hooked on SL when you take your computer/laptop to the bathroom to get away from the screaming kids and let the entire grid hear them screaming through your mic while you hiding in the bathroom from the kids and husband.  (Seen this many times).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.