How big is it?

2 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I was going through my disaster of an inventory today deleting everything with the word DEMO in it, and after deleting 1700 items I still have 105,000 left. How big is yours? How do you keep it organized?

Screenshot 2024-07-11 143548.png

Rank amateur.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Mine is utter chaos at present, I'm rebuilding my wardrobe (again!), so currently have doubles (maybe even triples) of a whole lot of stuff. 

99067da9da3bd10e624851fbfb3d83f6.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just under 40k.

5 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

How do you keep it organized?

I don't, I just use search for everything. Getting better at deleting all the useless crap creators include in the folder right when I unpack it.

• Like 1

/me laughs maniacally

FOOLS! How will you ever take over the world with such piddly little efforts!

Mine currently stands at 193,000.

AND I'M PROUD OF IT!

Go forth, my little inventory minions! Spawn and conquer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

image.png.0b11f4b7caeda7a740cc42d004716349.png

I've been pruning demos. Somewhat.

I finally went all in on it. I searched on DEMO and just started hitting the delete button. I watched to make sure I wasn't deleting something I needed (like an example hud in a hud maker that I bought), but otherwise it only took a few minutes to purge nearly 1800 items.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I finally went all in on it. I searched on DEMO and just started hitting the delete button. I watched to make sure I wasn't deleting something I needed (like an example hud in a hud maker that I bought), but otherwise it only took a few minutes to purge nearly 1800 items.

I do that sometimes, but then I find demos I want to keep. Usually for heads and hairstyles, so I don't have to go grab them again the next time I want to play "I need a new look." 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I do that sometimes, but then I find demos I want to keep. Usually for heads and hairstyles, so I don't have to go grab them again the next time I want to play "I need a new look." 

For me, I convert a demo to a full if I want it. If I haven't bought it, there was a reason, so no reason to hang onto them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, discussionbot said:

Just under 40k.

I don't, I just use search for everything. Getting better at deleting all the useless crap creators include in the folder right when I unpack it.

We desperately need better inventory search. Give us tags, give us a search that is more intelligent than having to match exactly. It has never been improved.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

Give us tags, give us a search that is more intelligent than having to match exactly.

did_you_mean__my_precioussss_by_sirkobes

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me laughs maniacally

FOOLS! How will you ever take over the world with such piddly little efforts!

Mine currently stands at 193,000.

AND I'M PROUD OF IT!

Go forth, my little inventory minions! Spawn and conquer!

Those are good numbers, Scy. Unfortunately friend of mine stands at around 300k and half of the items are named Object.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

For me, I convert a demo to a full if I want it. If I haven't bought it, there was a reason, so no reason to hang onto them.

I tend to build avatars in advance. Usually it starts with an idea when inspired by something random and I research and shop for it very casually as the idea fleshes itself out. It can take months before I finally finish putting something together and the head is often the last purchase (well, that depends on when sales happen, actually). I keep the demo around so I can test other demos and things out on it as I find them - does this makeup work for the look, would this hair work, etc.

Random example - Saw an insect-gremlin-pixie-looking creature hybrid on this album cover and now I want to build it. That's going to take time. I already know the perfect head for it, but I need the right skin and insect leg mods and the right wings and they're all pricey, so I'm waiting for sales and passively browsing for other accessories.

Though, now that I've cut my spending in-world, it takes muuuuuuch longer for these avatars to come together. My witch has been in progress for like 6 months (though I did grab her head on release to catch the sale - her outfits and BOM face details are all demo fabulous, though). 

• Like 3

29,847 items.
That means less than 200 items away from sorting inventory again.
My long term goal is to stay under 30k. Shop and business stuff included.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

98,403 items.  I tend to ditch useless items such as unpacker scripts, notecards thanking me for my purchase, demos, etc.  which helps keep it lower.  It has been rising at a much quicker rate recently though due to new PBR materials, EEPs and my own projects using them.  It probably helps that I have only one mesh body to deal with.

• Like 1

Problem is that a lot of stuff is added into your inventory that shouldn't be like: refused items ending up into your trash, as a creator is uploading to marketplace its result is that those links are counted as an item, calling cards of people that are in your friendlist, have spoken in private or yourself (I have 64 calling cards with my own name on it, which useless waste of space) and so on.

• Like 2

I don't know and I'm not home to check, but the other day I looked at a folder from last Christmas free gift giveaways from a ton of stores.  It had 100s of items in it. I decided I didn't need to even look and deleted the entire folder and purged the trash immediately.  I have no idea what I may have missed out on and don't care.

😊

• Like 1