Your theme ideas please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think the theme should be USA based, because that's what appeals to the most people and it is more likely that the SL management will have a handle on how the houses should look.

From the US based themes mentioned I prefer the swampy / jungly / Bayou theme. This would allow all the houses to be close to the water (like the layout of Fantasseria).

Hopefully the textures could allow for a choice of smart or more weathered properties.
I would really like dense looking vegetation, as has been achieved in the log home region.

fletcher-isle-front-river.jpg

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 11

16 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Chalets have the lowest occupancy percentage of any new theme, yet isn't forum people's top example when talking about themes with low occupancy rates. The stats say it should be the top example. If any theme needs some new floor plans to spice it up, it's chalets.

Maybe some Cotswold-style cottages or Craftsman-Style could be added to Chalets without too much disruption to the Theme?

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

Maybe some Cotswold-style cottages or Craftsman-Style could be added to Chalets without too much disruption to the Theme?

I think the Chalet regions should either get a makeover to European Medieval or European modern with bigger windows.

Cotswold-style cottages would be popular. (This theme seems to have nearly as many votes on this thread as Bayou does.) I think they need a fully designed landscape though, with rolling hills, streams and ponds, similar to the Ranch theme. A witch cottage in Fantasseria could be like a Cotswold cottage with a thatched roof or like a fantasy cottage with a higher peaked roof.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

From the US based themes mentioned I prefer the swampy / jungly / Bayou theme. This would allow all the houses to be close to the water (like the layout of Fantasseria).

Bayou/Louisiana is also my favorite of the themes mentioned so far.  I would love if it included a couple "Garden District" styles as well as swamp-adjacent homes, which would make the inland parcels more desirable.  Here's a small one!il_570xN.2426075876_9oqu.jpg

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Bayou/Louisiana is also my favorite of the themes mentioned so far.  I would love if it included a couple "Garden District" styles as well as swamp-adjacent homes, which would make the inland parcels more desirable.  Here's a small one!il_570xN.2426075876_9oqu.jpg

I love ❤️ this style, but also think of how efficient this shape is to create with mesh. It's mostly a simple box, except with floor to ceiling shuttered windows and some ornate railings and trim. This style and the shotgun houses were designed to allow air to circulate in a hot, humid climate. These and the Bayou houses are also raised up off the ground or water, so they would work well on uneven ground or swampy areas. Basically mirroring the floorplans while adding a modest collection of different exterior wall and trim colors would provide plenty of variety too.

• Like 7

Seeing as the thing is already made...

I'd like to say Pretty Please to this magnificent creation.  (Seen Nimbus General Stage yet at SL21B?)  I could live here and count myself rather fortunate, snow or no snow.  I think it would require something larger than 512 though hah.  Still.  Pretty Please ❤️ 

nimbus_001.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Maybe throw a couple of shotgun houses amongst the mix...

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__treehugger__images__2012__07__shotgun-house-photo-5392fff50e4242e69919f35243a3ccff.jpeg

232-pelican3-2-e1526228611299.jpg

Furniture+that+Fits+in+a+Tricky+Shotgun+Layout...png

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Hymn Celestia said:

Seeing as the thing is already made...

I'd like to say Pretty Please to this magnificent creation. 

The LI budget for a 1024sm Linden Home is around 200. The Air Ship is rezzed over 4 regions and has an LI in the thousands.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, diamond Marchant said:

The LI budget for a 1024sm Linden Home is around 200. The Air Ship is rezzed over 4 regions and has an LI in the thousands.

........ hence why I said it would need something larger than 512.  It was a bit of an understatement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2048 plots (and smaller plots) with Norwegian houses in the fjords, with their own small jettys for boats. Connection to roads is of course a bonus. (Nearby mountains and mountain homes could be natural, of course … 😉 )

_a-breathtaking-aerial-view-of-a-row-of-picturesque-houses.jpeg

_a-panoramic-image-of-quaint-beach-houses-nestled.jpeg

_a-picturesque-beach-house-nestled-on-the-edge-of-beach.jpeg

_a-picturesque-coastal-scene-of-a-cozy-beach-house.jpeg

• Like 14

4 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

AlpineThemev2.thumb.png.cbce8ef36f0bd59647e6793a70b9605e.png

I don't envy LL the task of making conclusions based on this thread! 

May I suggest that there be TWO polls?  One to gather info on, say, the top 3 most popular themes, and another to assess which are the most UNpopular themes?  [A poll to assess how unpopular a theme is might simply ask if you would never want to live there].  For example, I would never want to live in an alpine theme, tho I see that many would like it.  Same for scifi/Mars; it could be a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.  

You may still want to build a theme that is both very popular and very unpopular, if its fans are very passionate.  You just wouldn't build as MANY as if you believed it was generally popular. To my eyes, tho a lot of people want alpine regions, this looks like TOO MANY alpine homes, because I think there are also a lot of folks like me, who don't like snow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

To my eyes, tho a lot of people want alpine regions, this looks like TOO MANY alpine homes, because I think there are also a lot of folks like me, who don't like snow.

And there may be a lot of folks like me who like snow we don't have to shovel :)

When it is 100f in RL, hanging out in a snowy wonderland in SL is nice (had a place in the Snowlands for a while).

I would guess that a snowy Belli region may have a lot of seasonal tenant movement.

Edited by Kira Skydancer
Added thought
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Kira Skydancer said:

When it is 100f in RL, hanging out in a snowy wonderland in SL is nice (had a place in the Snowlands for a while).

Me too. I bought a nice parcel the beginning of November, but by the time New Year's came around, I had had enough snow, so I put that parcel up for sale. Only parcel I've ever lost money on in SL, and I've been here 20 years. Snow is beautiful for a very short time.

I rented a snow parcel the next year in a private region, and now I just make do with bits of snow on my roof and around the yard in Linden Home during the month of December, and sometimes I have a hard time not pulling up those melting bits of snow before New Year's even comes along.

• Like 7

Everyone knows how people love water in SL. People always want the home closest to the water and stilts on water sell out the fastest. Why not run with that idea and create a canal theme?

Look to Fort Lauderdale and the Venice neighborhood of LA for examples of stand-alone houses with canals. This would be a great Premium Plus theme because ideally, it would have a a dock space and water rez zone included alongside a land parcel with a house, which would require a bit more space.

Venice Canals Walkway, Venice, CA - California Beaches

Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Property For SaleTrustLarry Real Estate Fort  Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Canals Sightseeing Cruise & sandbar- Baymingo

How Fort Lauderdale Got its Canals! | Gray Line Miami

• Like 9

Sakura is full of canals. I really enjoyed my time living there, but I prefer stilts and houseboats more. I think it might be because the windows in the houseboats and stilts are larger. I just feel claustrophobic without big windows in any house. I think that's the biggest reason I've never been able to enjoy a Chalet home. The windows are just so tiny!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Mixed use residential/commercial, but maybe not as a theme all to itself but including a few in-theme residential/commercial areas (town square, commercial hub destination, etc) built into some themes near the Community Center? (Attached Photos) 

What I’d propose as a theme would echo others, something ‘New Orleans - inspired’, but more immersive and well mixed up, with everything from a residential/commercial ‘Quarter’ surrounding a Ballroom or Atrium (with an outdoor town square) as the Community Center - to a larger 2048 Garden District mansion area, then 1024 Italianate, Colonial Revival, Greek Revival Townhouses and Vernacular cottages, center hall cottages, 512 shotgun cottages and  finally some small shacks on the fringes/in the swamp/bayou areas. Many galleries and porches for sitting ‘out front’ and wide banquettes along named streets to encourage walking about and sightseeing.
In the Bayou areas, piers for boat launching and connecting bayou waterways with room to paddle a pirogue and with a system of boardwalks for walking and biking. Native flora and fauna.

https://nola.gov/nola/media/HDLC/Guidelines/03-Architectural-Styles.pdf

IMG_8111.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Mixed use residential/commercial

There is something to this, actually; I mean, there is a segment of the population (I don't know how large it is but I know it exists) who doesn't feel like decorating a homey-home, but would rather outfit a coffee shop with a few stools and a "welcome, we're open sign', with the permission to put out for sale whatever a person wants to sell.  Which, of course, is what a person can do on the Mainland anytime, of course.  But to have Mole-Tended Gardens and Landscape in Belli ❤️❤️  One can't blame a person for asking the outlandish asks. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Mixed use residential/commercial, but maybe not as a theme all to itself but including a few in-theme residential/commercial areas (town square, commercial hub destination, etc) built into some themes near the Community Center? (Attached Photos) 

What I’d propose as a theme would echo others, something ‘New Orleans - inspired’, but more immersive and well mixed up, with everything from a residential/commercial ‘Quarter’ surrounding a Ballroom or Atrium (with an outdoor town square) as the Community Center - to a larger 2048 Garden District mansion area, then 1024 Italianate, Colonial Revival, Greek Revival Townhouses and Vernacular cottages, center hall cottages, 512 shotgun cottages and  finally some small shacks on the fringes/in the swamp/bayou areas. Many galleries and porches for sitting ‘out front’ and wide banquettes along named streets to encourage walking about and sightseeing.
In the Bayou areas, piers for boat launching and connecting bayou waterways with room to paddle a pirogue and with a system of boardwalks for walking and biking. Native flora and fauna.

https://nola.gov/nola/media/HDLC/Guidelines/03-Architectural-Styles.pdf

IMG_8111.jpeg

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.