Euro 24 - on SL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 77 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Speaking of fashion, though...I haven't seen much sporty gear in SL. The lack of real life team stuff makes sense for obvious reasons, but not even fake team sports jerseys and things. Seen a few being sold, but not many being worn.

I own ONE sports jersey, which I bought for this ancient pic.

"Let's grab our skates and hit the pond" ...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Since Ryan Reynolds owns Wrexham FC, and Ryan is Deadpool, would the Deadpool costume qualify as a football uniform for Wrexham?

I hope it has a little maple leaf on it too???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Games in which people kicked a ball around on a field have been around as long as there have been balls. Original football branched into Rugby and Football (aka Soccer) in England, then people originally from the British Isles migrated to Canada & from there introduced Rugby to the United States, which then created American Football.

We all have a historical basis to call all these games "football", but Americans should have picked a different name when they took out the part where they kicked a ball around on a field.

Yes but after every point score the .first thing they do is KICK THE BALL to put it back in play. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've just checked the MP. There is a surprisingly good selection of football uniforms, but none that I could see specifically for this round of the Euro Cup.

On the other hand, if you're an Australian footie fan, you're set for life!

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make the uniforms oneself.

5 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Speaking of fashion, though...I haven't seen much sporty gear in SL. The lack of real life team stuff makes sense for obvious reasons, but not even fake team sports jerseys and things. Seen a few being sold, but not many being worn.

Can you pick your own # for the jerseys? I think I want to get one with a 34 on it.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

England are losing to Slovakia (I'm watching it in SL) and have had a goal disallowed...:o There are 11 minutes left but this might be the end...I think there might be 'griefing in the sandbox' later (IRL)

ETA - ignore that, England scored...extra time!

ETA - 2-1! 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Deep into added time (time added due to stoppages), England were a minute away from being knocked out. Then 2 minutes of playing time later (the last minute of added time and the first minute of extra time) we scored the winning goal!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 4:56 AM, Bree Giffen said:

Hmmm. Looking up the schedules and the games mostly start at noon in Germany. That's 3am where I am so I'll have to just watch highlights on youtube.

At noon? That would be crazier than calling "handegg"🏈 "football"; matches start at 18:00 or 21:00, when most people are off work and can drink beer, of course! 😄

Not sure how you got noon, perhaps because that might be when tv programs start broadcasting preliminary shenanigans.

Edited by InnerCity Elf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Deep into added time (time added due to stoppages), England were a minute away from being knocked out. Then 2 minutes of playing time later (the last minute of added time and the first minute of extra time) we scored the winning goal!

Shame about the scorer (not a fan)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, InnerCity Elf said:

At noon? That would be crazier than calling "handegg"🏈 "football"; matches start at 18:00 or 21:00, when most people are off work and can drink beer, of course! 😄

I think Bree meant "Noon SLTB|

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I think Bree meant "Noon SLTB|

Oh, thank you, I guess I took "at noon in Germany" too literal, noon SLT might make sense. I live in a street with lots of pubs that all do "public viewing" outside, so I can even rely on the noise level outside to know when to switch on, no clock needed 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InnerCity Elf said:

Oh, thank you, I guess I took "at noon in Germany" too literal, noon SLT might make sense. I live in a street with lots of pubs that all do "public viewing" outside, so I can even rely on the noise level outside to know when to switch on, no clock needed 😅

It seems our neighbour's tv connection is a fraction of a second faster....we hear the celebrations before we see the goal...😆

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Caitlin Tobias said:

It seems our neighbour's tv connection is a fraction of a second faster....we hear the celebrations before we see the goal...😆

That is 100% unnaceptable.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I just checked out London City and Virtual Holland to see if I could find any fans excited about tonight's match!   But nobody in London seemed to care, and Virtual Holland was lagging badly and empty apart from one person...and then I fell in some water and couldn't get out because 'fly' is disabled 😐

But England vs Netherlands starts in just over an hour and a half...better find a low-lag bar to watch it in 👍 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I've been watching both the COPA and EURO highlights on youtube. 10 minutes per game is all I can stand. 

I didn't watch half of it to be honest xD

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 77 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.