Child, Adult, Can't Tell

Posted (edited)

Quartz made a suggestion in that other monster thread, that has since been locked, that if we wanted to post pics to open a new thread. I thought it was an interesting idea at the time, and since it's been said in the recent announcements and FAQ that it's up to the community to determine if their avatars look of age or not, I thought it would be fun to have a thread that asks the question, ' Does this avatar look like a child, adult, or can't tell based on physical appearance alone. I also think such a thread could go horribly wrong in a very few posts. 

But perhaps with some careful parameters in place that could be avoided. So my idea is for people to post a full length pic and a close up pic of their avatar without any explanation or comments added to the post. And that the only way of "voting or commenting" on the appearance would be to use the reaction icons. 

reactioncodes.png.0ab7a38f35c093280a7120b6ba477cd5.png

So if you think the avatar looks like: a child (17 or younger) then react with a like, for an adult (18 and over) use thanks, and use confused if you can't tell based on physical appearance alone. 

Please don't respond to individual posts with written comments just use the reaction icons.

If you think my idea is stupid of course you can laugh at this post or give me a sad face or whatever to this initial post, but please don't react that way to anyone posting their pics. 

So that people joining the thread without reading the OP won't be confused about the topic of the thread please copy and paste the statement in bold above to your post below your pics. I'm going to start the post with my own pics as an example. I hope this works and can be a fun way to get a pulse on how the community sees our avatars without it becoming a dump on people thread needing a quick lock. So here goes.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 6

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

This thread will NOT work if people don't stay on topic. Maybe I'm just asking for too much?

See my ETA.

Please remember, it's a "Forum" - and expecting everyone to read your OP and both a) comprehend it, and b) follow the instructions, is possibly optimistic.

• Sad 5

I've already received some feedback on my avatar but thought I'd post here as well as I'm still not sure whether I should take precautions or not.

So if you think the avatar looks like: a child (17 or younger) then react with a like, for an adult (18 and over) use thanks, and use confused if you can't tell based on physical appearance alone. 

agepic.png

• Like 42
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 22

Please don't respond to individual posts with written comments just use the reaction icons.

X1LryDE.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 23
  • Confused 27

Bree's Equation

• Like 6
  • Thanks 39
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14