You are in a forest in Second Life. Would you rather run into a someone in a man avatar or a bear avatar?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, it started on TikTok, and then appeared on Twitter, where it generated a LOT of heat . . . because, Twitter.

And most women there opted for the bear as well.

I should have know better just from the wording of the question..

Reality check on those  on tik tok and twitter that wish for a bear in RL..  If they saw a bear and a man showed up, they'd probably run to the man.. LOL

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Reality check on those  on tik tok and twitter that wish for a bear in RL..  If they saw a bear and a man showed up, they'd probably run to the man.. LOL

On the other hand, if you run into a man in the woods, and then a bear shows up, the man isn't going to try anything sketchy either.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh, definitely, although I've seen people explaining that one needn't actually fear a bear if one is careful.

But it's an interesting exercise, not so much as a hypothetical "real" scenario, but because it has revealed something about how a lot of women apparently perceive men (and bears!), and gendered differences.

Interestingly, most men asked the same question appear to respond "men." So . . . what explains the gendered difference? (I think I know . . .)

ALSO interestingly, at least some of the men who responded "men" when asked which they'd prefer to be with, answered "bear" when asked which they'd prefer their daughter be with.

Fortunately, none of this has much immediate relevance to SL . . . except that I'm probably less likely to get sent a dick pic or asked if I voice by a bear!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

On the other hand, if you run into a man in the woods, and then a bear shows up, the man isn't going to try anything sketchy either.

Usually if there is a bear around.. it's the main focus.. hehehe

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, definitely, although I've seen people explaining that one needn't actually fear a bear if one is careful.

But it's an interesting exercise, not so much as a hypothetical "real" scenario, but because it has revealed something about how a lot of women apparently perceive men (and bears!), and gendered differences.

Interestingly, most men asked the same question appear to respond "men." So . . . what explains the gendered difference? (I think I know . . .)

ALSO interestingly, at least some of the men who responded "men" when asked which they'd prefer to be with, answered "bear" when asked which they'd prefer their daughter be with.

Fortunately, none of this has much immediate relevance to SL . . . except that I'm probably less likely to get sent a dick pic or asked if I voice by a bear!

Ya,  you have to watch out for the random texture gifts.. hehehe

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Most men wouldn't. Why would you think otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Most men wouldn't. Why would you think otherwise.

The problem with this question is that you seem to think women are unfairly blaming men for expecting them to be dangerous, while in real life, women are more likely to be attacked by a man than by a bear. Yeah, because bears aren't usually wandering around where we are, but still everything we've learned is to be wary of a man we don't know if we're alone with them. 

It depends on the man. Most are not dangerous. But not every bear encounter is dangerous either. If you get out of their way, they'll usually leave people alone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The problem with this question is that you seem to think women are unfairly blaming men for expecting them to be dangerous, while in real life, women are more likely to be attacked by a man than by a bear. Yeah, because bears aren't usually wandering around where we are, but still everything we've learned is to be wary of a man we don't know if we're alone with them. 

It depends on the man. Most are not dangerous. But not every bear encounter is dangerous either. If you get out of their way, they'll usually leave people alone. 

Yes women victims. Men bad. Men dangerous. Men toxic. I wish this topic was closed because the spirit of it is crap, I am familiar with the source, and it just ends up with a pile of misandry, and men responding in kind. It cause division and has no place on SL forums IMO. We have enough issues dividing us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Yes women victims. Men bad. Men dangerous. Men toxic. I wish this topic was closed because the spirit of it is crap, I am familiar with the source, and it just ends up with a pile of misandry, and men responding in kind. It cause division and has no place on SL forums IMO. We have enough issues dividing us.

You're setting a wonderful example of how some men are toxic. Good job!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You're setting a wonderful example of how some men are toxic. Good job!

I rest my case. This topic is in bad spirit, and will only appeal to one side of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Codex Alpha said:

I rest my case. This topic is in bad spirit, and will only appeal to one side of this.

Haha my first response in the thread was

On 5/7/2024 at 7:17 PM, Arielle Popstar said:

I can think of some forumites I would be less inclined to run into then a man or a bear!

Reason being they are not fun or good to eat.

• Thanks 1

Considering the question is about Second Life, I'm very disappointed in those of you who didn't jump at the chance to hang out with a dadbod-rockin' bear with tummy and butt jiggle physics. I mean come onnnnnnnnnn. Live a little. Sheesh. 😂

And no, I'm not making that up. It exists. If you don't think I'm going to make an avatar like this someday, well...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/RB-Bear-Physics/24613953

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

That's right, of course. Just dismiss the concerns of women as being ridiculous and hysterical.

Good day, Sir!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

What makes certain men dangerous is a lack of a sense of humour and their defensive. They become unpredictable and will often turn on those that triggered that feeling in them.

Paddington bear and Winnieh the Pooh don't have those issues.

• Like 5

On 5/7/2024 at 6:22 PM, Bree Giffen said:

And why? 

So I am in a virtual forest, where I am in full control of my avatar at all times. I would just tp out. Lol. This analogy is so terrible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2