So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

before a mole shows up.... 79 pages, after a mole shows up... 29 pages 😂

Actually, it's 91 pages now. I don't think I've ever seen a thread this hot.    🌶 🔥 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wincil said:

I don't really see how there's a really a grey area there. 

How is it not a grey area? 

If an avatar gets reported for going to an Adult region and they appear like they might be RPing under 18, then LL has to do all sorts of research to determine if said avatar is truly RPing an under 18 person or if they just "sort of" look like it but all other actions indicate they are RPing over 18.

If an avatar appears as possibly under 18, then it is not clear cut and LL must do some analysis before making a decision.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How is it not a grey area? 

If an avatar gets reported for going to an Adult region and they appear like they might be RPing under 18, then LL has to do all sorts of research to determine if said avatar is truly RPing an under 18 person or if they just "sort of" look like it but all other actions indicate they are RPing over 18.

If an avatar appears as possibly under 18, then it is not clear cut and LL must do some analysis before making a decision.

Again LL won't give a toot if is a false report and false reporting people will do nothing 

Edited by Wincil

4 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

This is true, as people often don't understand the details... so thanks.  I'll make sure to clearly write my own descriptions for things that people could misunderstand

People really should hide any adult groups they belong to. I hide all my groups, even totally innocent ones😁

And thats another thing, if we are going after forbidden *****, why are groups that promote such things allowed?

Sure, they try and sound all innocent and noble, but you know what they are really about.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

My avatars have always been on the short side, slim, and without exaggerated thigh, boobs and butt, and no one has ever questioned whether or not I'm supposed to be over 18.

Same. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Actually, it's 91 pages now. I don't think I've ever seen a thread this hot.    🌶 🔥 

Its great, I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a thread as much as this one 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wincil said:

I think Some people don't know how the real world works  

Very possible, but the "real world" isn't what actually matters here.  It is all about interpretations of avatar looks/actions and LL's policy.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I see the system body with the system skin.  

That is why I refuse to use BOM, the nasty system avi appears first, and the complexity is so low it gets in under my 20k complexity cutoff 😂

19 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

I guess you haven't met the haters that think anything under 6 foot or fat or doesn't have giant thighs, butt, and boobs are kids.  There are a lot of stupid people out there that have really bad perception.  Also in a gray area some people don't get it, I've had creeps messaging me asking if I can get a bit younger... I'd rather make it clear I am an adult avatar always and forever and have them leave me alone... it only takes the 1 or 2 to cause issues even if 99% of people think things are fine.  I can be in one area and look 20+ then go somewhere else with people using old giant avatars and perceptions change.  I shouldn't have to look like a 30 year old, or giant, or ugly just so people don't give me problems.

Yes, I've been asked that multiple times and though I'm always adamant with ones i've met only once or twice, I realize now that even with those I trust and have been generous in past I'd need to be careful because even if the AR came from someone else that I have never done anything with, a perusal through the IM history with others might show something that could be used as justification for a ban.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Very possible, but the "real world" isn't what actually matters here.  It is all about interpretations of avatar looks/actions and LL's policy.

"It is all about interpretations of avatar looks/actions" it isn't always again the real world does matter what kind of logic is that. 

• Confused 3

Posted (edited)

I think I’m gonna stop doing the naughty with giants because nothing screams underage more than riding a giant when you are only 5 ft 6

And no I’m not underage, but one could get that visual impression.

From now on, its only guys under 6 ft 6 for me 😬

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line so there is no misunderstanding
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

People are talking about realistic curves and body types, these are the most common body types, realistically.

Not every women have the same curves, and some women don't have a lot of curves

d2afe07044387a7e5d41d3b1b69f3cc0.png

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/body-types#body-type-definition

Which makes it even more difficult to determine what is and isn't.

The most common body type, world wide.

Some of you don't realize this when talking about someone else's avatar, they're only seeing in in the perspective of where they live, who they are around, where they come from.

f9a9664dac9b04704c84018edcf5ecc4.png

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/female-body-types-by-country

So all of these body types are adult female body types, no matter if she has less curves or more curves or if she is round, big, small, husky, broad, she's still a woman and this is why it is hard to determine anything still.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)

Why do people act like they can say no wrong

and act so insecure that they'll do everything to prove themselves right

even if when they're wrong. (No one said that Not every women have the same curves, and some women don't have a lot of curves) 

Edited by Wincil
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The make us laugh thread is only 196 pages long and that thread has been going  since march of 2020..

It made me laugh when I actually thought I was in this thread instead of that one.. hehehe

• Like 1

I apologize if this has been answered - I don't have the patience to read through all 90+ pages of posts and I didn't see a way to search a thread.

About the required modesty layer for child avatars: are BOM layers enough since they rez at the same time as the system skin? Or does the skin itself have to have that layer as part of it?

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I haven't actually tested whether the alpha is include on the system body.  All I know is when I tp in somewhere and no one's mesh body has arrived, I see the system body with the system skin.  I'll pay more attention next time as to whether the alphas work

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The more that I go over this in my mind, what you describe is how I thought it worked.  Wearing an alpha "layer" would all get baked along with skin, tattoo layers, undie layers, clothing layers, and universal layers.  So there should never be any way for the person to rez only showing their old system skin if they have other 'layers' on also.  ???

I sure think that's how it works. I think I remember we had alpha masks before mesh bodies were a thing, and they helped us wear standard size (or even un-fitted) mesh clothes on those old system bodies. The one tangent that has me scratching my head now is that I think remember a time when everybody's bodies turned red when they wore a full alpha layer… or something. That really happened, right? What the heck was that?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Why do people act like they can say no wrong

and act so insecure that they'll do everything to prove themselves right

even when they're wrong. (no one said that Not every women have the same curves, and some women don't have a lot of curves) 

The person who replied to you said "only in anime" when you said "curves don't equate to prepubescent." While I'm backing up what you are saying, you're attacking me. I've literally been on your side a few times and you're trying to attack me constantly. Also, I backed up everything I said and even gave links.

1 minute ago, Solitary Pagan said:

About the required modesty layer for child avatars: are BOM layers enough since they rez at the same time as the system skin? Or does the skin itself have to have that layer as part of it?

That question has been raised, debated, and argued about since the thread began.  It's really the only basic question that most people seem to agree LL needs to clarify.  If we knew the answer, residents with child avatars would know whether they need to replace much of their inventory or could simply meet the requirements with an ungraded skin of some sort.  I'm pretty sure LL will pay attention to that concern.

• Like 3