So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

The person who replied to you said "only in anime" when you said "curves don't equate to prepubescent." While I'm backing up what you are saying, you're attacking me. I've literally been on your side a few times and you're trying to attack me constantly. Also, I backed up everything I said and even gave links.

Im not trying to attack you like seriously...

Edited by Wincil

5 minutes ago, Solitary Pagan said:

I apologize if this has been answered - I don't have the patience to read through all 90+ pages of posts and I didn't see a way to search a thread.

About the required modesty layer for child avatars: are BOM layers enough since they rez at the same time as the system skin? Or does the skin itself have to have that layer as part of it?

Residents presenting as Child Avatars shall be prohibited from the following:

• Entering any Region rated Adult. Residents must change to a non-child or non-childlike avatar to visit Adult rated regions.
  • Engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected.
  • Wearing genital/sexual attachments including clothing, attachments or HUDs created for and/or worn by child avatars to indicate genitalia, whether visible or not.
  • Being fully nude. Child avatar content creators are required to add a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies, is not transparent, does not match the skin tone, and may not be removed.
  • Child avatars where the focal point of the body is on the breasts, pelvis, or buttocks

3 minutes ago, Solitary Pagan said:

I apologize if this has been answered - I don't have the patience to read through all 90+ pages of posts and I didn't see a way to search a thread.

About the required modesty layer for child avatars: are BOM layers enough since they rez at the same time as the system skin? Or does the skin itself have to have that layer as part of it?

According to the updated Linden Lab Official:Clarification of policy disallowing *****

• Child avatar content creators are required to add a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies, is not transparent, does not match the skin tone, and may not be removed.

However, several people (including me) have wondered about how anyone could tell whether that requirement is being observed by someone wearing an alpha layer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Solitary Pagan said:

from the text.. it says cannot be removed.  I would think they mean BOM is not OK... but the problem is that its impossible to make anything that cannot be "removed" by appearance if any tattoo type layers are available.  I think they need to make this more clear and allow BOM to be it.

• Like 1

Anyways, body shape, body type and faces are what makes it hard and difficult for everyone to know what exactly they are talking about in most situations.

Body type makes it hard to know what is a woman and what isn't a woman because, as people pointed out, they have friends that look like 20 at 13, 12 at 20, curvy at 8. This will be extremely more difficult to figure out now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

Personally I think people should keep adult and child roleplay accounts separate. No switching back and forth. Is that realistic with how old accounts are ..not really, but this might be a good time for some to really think about making their account with all the adult goodies on it their adult roleplay account and open a new fresh and innocent roleplay account for underage.. especially for child roleplay accounts.  I mean if you have to start from scratch as a kid avatar anyway why not just do it?

Quite honestly the more i read all the ways an account can get tripped up, the more I am convinced that it is easier to just stay away from SL. Even the idea of a separate account doesn't seem to be workable if they can determine what alts I have.

23 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

My avatars have always been on the short side, slim, and without exaggerated thigh, boobs and butt, and no one has ever questioned whether or not I'm supposed to be over 18.

Mine too and though I have been asked what age I was because the other wanted to be sure I was old enough in general, the more dangerous question was from the ones asking if I could just say I was 12, 13, 15 as that would enhance their enjoyment of the RP. I've maintained I was 18 and that they could pretend whatever in their own mind as I had no control of it, the point being that I've been asked to RP certain underage ages.

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The IMs are most definitely saved on the server, not encrypted (even if you have told the viewer to save your IMs to your computer).  They could have programs that scan IMs looking for certain words and then if found, a person would then have to manually read things to confirm what did or did not happen.

My understanding though is that the majority of any pedo action really happens with the chat portion being outside of SL.  So reading thru chat and IM logs would mostly be to try to determine if a child avatar intentionally went to an adult location or other things that would not be appropriate.

So the adult location issue is for this time forward or even in past?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Why do people act like they can say no wrong

and act so insecure that they'll do everything to prove themselves right

even if when they're wrong. (No one said that Not every women have the same curves, and some women don't have a lot of curves) 

Which is exactly why there is that grey area when deciding if an avatar looks like an adult or someone under 18.   The facial features often being the deciding factor.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If I learned anything in my long time in SL, witnessing the first ***play scare, the second ***play scare(electric boogaloo) and the "Broadly offensive content" scare is that the guilty will lay low until the witch hunts are done, and scandal posts are done, and then eventually they will go back to business as usual. The innocent party getting to suffer the brunt of the decisions/consequences.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Body shaming is still wrong no matter how you view it again People's bodies can change and that just it depends on the person it should not be difficult to differentiate a child from a adult. 

Edited by Wincil
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The facial features often being the deciding factor.

I don't think even facial features are a good indicator of age when determining a early teen to a late teen. There's really very little difference in the actual structure of the face between the ages of 13 and 20.

It's just a minefield. I typically try to make my avies look like their at least 30 something. If I had a younger avie say late teens to early 20s .. I'd be inclined to change that avatar.

Edited by Blush Bravin
Rowan made me realize I misspelled minefield. :)
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

from the text.. it says cannot be removed.  I would think they mean BOM is not OK... but the problem is that its impossible to make anything that cannot be "removed" by appearance if any tattoo type layers are available.  I think they need to make this more clear and allow BOM to be it.

Why? Skin creators wil have to update their products within the next two months. If the skin creator of an a++player´s choice does not update, the a++player must switch to an updated one. Simple.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It's not "mental gymnastics". LL set the age limits for accessiing different parts of SL, THEY say "no user under 18 can visit M rated regions", THEY say M rated regions can have non-pg-13 stuff like nudity, sexy clothes, and burlesque clubs.

If you haave a problem with that, feel free to complain to the nearest Linden that 13 year olds can't watch movies rated 18 for nudity, or loiter in strip clubs and pole dancing bars.

Not MY problem that you are wrong, it's your problem.

What the f*k does the age of users have to do with this thread topic?

The new TOS rules are about avatars that resemble children, which are now restricted from Adult regions. I've long stated on these forums - as a matter of clarifying the region Maturity rules - that child avatars were allowed in Adult regions. I didn't say I thought this was a good idea.

A Moderate region is perfectly suited to most roleplay scenarios that could reasonably involve children. If a RP sim owner absolutely believes they need to have a realistic setting that includes both families and Adult activities, they can have 2 regions, one Moderate and one Adult, so that child avatars can stay well away from the Adult activities. A residential sim can do the same, separating family-friendly housing from adult-only housing.

If people want to in engage in both kinds of activities, it's not that expensive to have a Linden Home for their family and rent an apartment on Adult land or join a group that has Adult facilities. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

I don't think even facial features are a good indicator of age when determining a early teen to a late teen. There's really very little difference in the actual structure of the face between the ages of 13 and 20.

It's just a mine field. I typically try to make my avies look like their at least 30 something. If I had a younger avie say late teens to early 20s .. I'd be inclined to change that avatar.

Yep, it's a minefield.  Not sure there's much anyone, including LL, can do about that.  

• Like 3

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

It's just a mine field. I typically try to make my avies look like their at least 30 something. If I had a younger avie say late teens to early 20s .. I'd be inclined to change that avatar.

Right, some people age really well, some adults have a youthfulness, some adults have an Aphrodite-like appearance, some have boyish bodies some are curvy

Face is as much of a grey area as the body and it changes with culture.

Mature faces might look different to another culture.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

No offense at all meant by this @Arielle Popstar but if you present as on the edge you are going to be approached by those types and or they will be attracted to you because of how you look even if they don't say this out loud. As the relationship matures I'd think that's when the trouble could start because you feel close to them at that point and they might open up to you more about their kinks within... or outside of sl.. that's when the pushing for this or that starts.

My advise is to nip it now. Whatever happened in the past I dunno..  but I doubt it would come back to bite you now though if you go forward knowing what's on the radar now.

Edited by Chery Amore
cause I mess up
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

That logic makes no sense whatsoever I don't think facial features are a good indicator of age age has nothing to do with it. 

Edited by Wincil
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

What looks like a 30 year old to you, might not look like a 30 year old to another as well. There was a tiktok that blew up where a person would be like "Someone told me I look older, how old do i look?" people said she looked 35, 40. She was 29 years old.

Then you have people like Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande, if you didn't know who they were already you'd swear they were kids.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

People are talking about realistic curves and body types, these are the most common body types, realistically.

Not every women have the same curves, and some women don't have a lot of curves

d2afe07044387a7e5d41d3b1b69f3cc0.png

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/body-types#body-type-definition

Which makes it even more difficult to determine what is and isn't.

The most common body type, world wide.

Some of you don't realize this when talking about someone else's avatar, they're only seeing in in the perspective of where they live, who they are around, where they come from.

f9a9664dac9b04704c84018edcf5ecc4.png

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/female-body-types-by-country

So all of these body types are adult female body types, no matter if she has less curves or more curves or if she is round, big, small, husky, broad, she's still a woman and this is why it is hard to determine anything still.

I propose we start referring to body shapes as fruit - pear, apple, grapefruit, banana, kumquat, ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Why? Skin creators wil have to update their products within the next two months. If the skin creator of an a++player´s choice does not update, the a++player must switch to an updated one. Simple.

And someone makes a tattoo layer that makes the modesty part of the skin vanish... now is it still meeting the rules?  I am saying its always removable, so they need to make the rule more clear.

1 minute ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

And someone makes a tattoo layer that makes the modesty part of the skin vanish... now is it still meeting the rules?  I am saying its always removable, so they need to make the rule more clear.

The rule is perfectly clear. Modesty patches on child avi must be baked on skin and must  be mot removable. And done.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

Child avatars must NOT appear nude. So by making a tattoo layer to go over the modesty panel and thereby appearing nude would be a violation of the TOS. I think the rule is pretty clear already.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Facial features do change with age. 

Not just facial feature do change also the bone structure does Im aslo babyfaced irl but a grown adult. 

Edited by Wincil