So what changed in the Terms of Service?

5 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Um, thanks...I actually haven't a clue what that means. Is it like "bless your heart"? Cause I know what that means.

Yes it pretty much means "bless you heart", and I am sorry. I am not trying to come off as condescending but LL does not have the greatest track record for fair bans. Their policy has been always akin to "Scorched earth" when it comes to these sort of things. Unless something changes, a lot of innocents are going to get caught up in the witch hunt.

And especially when, and I do apologize for using this word as I find it distasteful myself but the word is blunt and fitting - Normies think anime faces look like children.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I beg your pardon? I haven't ATTACKED her face at all. I said it looked like a child (and it does) and I'd report her if I saw her in an A rated region.

Give me a break Coffee. I know you are the adult content champion here but I'm not the only one with eyes. She even said her face was a babyface. How does that register as adult in any way, shape or form?

I can just see the new excuse for people engaging in certain illicit activities already, "but it's a STYLISED head, it's anime, it's not a child". But as the old saying goes, if it quacks like a duck...... Most anime heads are intended to look like children, and I am sick of hearing this nonsense about how they are actually meant to be 40 year old women or whatever. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Wincil said:

I don't think you even know what childlike means again it is a stylized head get it though your thick skull.

Wincil, a genuinely friendly word of warning.

This kind of abusive insult is not permitted here, and it will get you suspended or, if it is repeated often enough, get this thread locked. Please try to avoid personal insults?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I can just see the new excuse for people engaging in certain illicit activities already, "but it's a STYLISED head, it's anime, it's not a child". But as the old saying goes, if it quacks like a duck...... Most anime heads are intended to look like children, and I am sick of hearing this nonsense about how they are actually meant to be 40 year old women or whatever. 

Oh good lord "most anime heads are intended to look like children" is the most nonsense thing I've seen in this thread yet.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I need a Cliff Notes summary of the last 70 pages, please.

1. No child avatars in A regions

2. Modesty layers must not be removable and should cover the crotch and female nipples

3. Compliancy is the responsibility of the adult using the child avatar.

4. There is no set definition of what constitutes an adult.  Edge-cases decided by individual region owners or AR and let Governance decide.

What else happened in the last 70 pages?

#1-4 rinse/repeat............ rinse/repeat.......... etc...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I was thinking about 8 as well. Especially given the look of a bit of baby fat still in the rounded face shape and the proportions of th head to body.

My Mom was a 3rd grade teacher, and I usually spent at least one day each year with her class. She sometimes had groups of girl students sleep over at our house (which I now don't think was appropriate). I also tutored two 3rd graders for a semester of college credit. I guess I have a pretty good idea of what an 8 to 9 year old looks like, at least in the US.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I beg your pardon? I haven't ATTACKED her face at all. I said it looked like a child (and it does) and I'd report her if I saw her in an A rated region.

Give me a break Coffee. I know you are the adult content champion here but I'm not the only one with eyes. She even said her face was a babyface. How does that register as adult in any way, shape or form?

Anime avatar faces are not child like, they aren't really anything like as they all have the same face more or less.

She is representing an anime cartoon character, they come in all ages.

Age is determined by other characteristics, body, hair color, attitude, personality, and job.

Anime cartoons are not just for kids and the subject matter varies very broadly, in the west we typically get stories about magical girl, fighty boys, high school drama and cute, because that's easy to sell and merchandise.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Yes it pretty much means "bless you heart", and I am sorry. I am not trying to come off as condescending but LL does not have the greatest track record for fair bans. Their policy has been always akin to "Scorched earth" when it comes to these sort of things. Unless something changes, a lot of innocents are going to get caught up in the witch hunt.

And especially when, and I do apologize for using this word as I find it distasteful myself but the word is blunt and fitting - Normies think anime faces look like children.

It's not my responsibility to determine if something I have reported is acted upon.  If, for some reason, it is acted upon then it would say to me that it was right to report it. If it's not acted upon then no harm done.  

I refuse to worry that if I report a user for something that I feel is against the TOS that if they get consequences' its somehow my fault.

I will freely admit I don't know where the line is so I would leave it up to LL to make that determination but I am allowed to report things I think are against the TOS.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Well It's not really my intention to throw a  abusive insult or personal insults this is getting to the point it becomes harassment and I rather be left alone and not be hassled.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

Well It's not really my intention to throw a  abusive insult or personal insults this is getting to the point it becomes harassment and I rather be left alone and not be hassled.

It might be time to take a break then and come back if you'd like to be left alone.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Wincil said:

I think it's easy to distinguish a adult body shape from a actual child one some women do have large breasts and some are flat chested irl and women usually have wide child bearing hips. (My avatar body shape as a average breast size and is actually based on that.)

You basically just contradicted yourself in one post.  Some women are flat chested (like children) and some women have wide hips (while some don't like children).  So, how to you tell a flat chested, slim hipped woman from a child?  Usually, the face.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

It might be time to take a break then and come back if you'd like to be left alone.

I just want to to be left alone that's all I don't really I thinking of taking a brake from the forums but I just want to let alone.(what's with dogpiile and bullying)

Edited by Wincil
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Discussions here can get heated, and I understand that this is a really important issue to people on both sides of this discussion. I've occasionally been tempted to write "Oh just **** off" myself on occasion. (Generally I get it out by saying it to my dog, and then feeling bad because she looks hurt.)

It might not be a bad idea to step back a bit if you're getting very upset? Or not; that's your call.

In any case, I get it.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Discussions here can get heated, and I understand that this is a really important issue to people on both sides of this discussion. I've occasionally been tempted to write "Oh just **** off" myself on occasion. (Generally I get it out by saying it to my dog, and then feeling bad because she looks hurt.)

It might not be a bad idea to step back a bit if you're getting very upset? Or not; that's your call.

In any case, I get it.

Again It's not my intention to hurt people and I would never would just got upset and I was dogpiiled on btw I don't care if people people if people think my avatar is a child avatar and I didn't want to be in the receiving end of it I would never do that to a dog or a person btw that seens worng.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

It's not my responsibility to determine if something I have reported is acted upon.  If, for some reason, it is acted upon then it would say to me that it was right to report it. If it's not acted upon then no harm done.  

I refuse to worry that if I report a user for something that I feel is against the TOS that if they get consequences' its somehow my fault.

I will freely admit I don't know where the line is so I would leave it up to LL to make that determination but I am allowed to report things I think are against the TOS.

Hence the slippery slope. This is why I chuckled when people say "I can easily tell between an adult av and a young av", because some people clearly can't.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

it's about setting a baseline of what is being considered a child in SL. If you are running around in a child avatar, but act and talk as an adult, I would be more worried about your intentions then if you would talk and act as a child.

your opinion has a difference with many others... i see those normal talking residents as totally acceptable, those mumbling absurdisch babbling mwummy dwaddy talkers  shouting around their [bad word]  harassing others in stores are mental.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Someone clearly can't tell the difference from a child avatar and a adult avatar it is a slippery slope I couldn't sleep because of this guilt tripping people doesn't help people neither. 🙃 

Edited by Wincil

49 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

I didn't see anyone with a problem having a modesty requirement... just in how the rules are implemented and what it means for existing paid for content being unusable.  I think they need to change it as well and remove the "cannot be removed" part... and make it say you are not allowed to remove it and be nude.  Otherwise, anything with any tattoo layer can be covered up and "removed" as its completely hidden.  A BOM layer that must be worn to keep modest should be fine.

I never thought of that. That's a good point.

Yeah, the anime stuff doesn't phase me, it's the 8 year old looking avis who want to go to adult areas who freak me out. I think some people who have homes in adult regions should just live somewhere else or wear an adult avi. Why are they so stuck on the age of an avi. I have a number of avis. Maybe they could dress as dinkies if they want to go to adult areas or something.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

So, according to the new TOS, modesty layers cannot be flesh-toned and avatars are not allowed to wear any attachments or clothing layers meant to signify genitalia, however there's no mention of flesh-toned clothing in general.

I assume that's because LL don't want to have to produce a color chart illustrating the required hue, saturation and luminance value shifts necessary to comply with the TOS? Or maybe it's just that they can't be bothered to fix the environmental lighting issue that causes mesh clothing to drastically change color at different times of day?

I can only hope that, since LL have stated that child avatars are not allowed to be in the presence of nudity, they intend to ban all the mesh clothing that magically disappear once you move your camera a few meters away because the creator didn't create proper LOD models?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@Wincil I feel like maybe you're misunderstanding what I posted? If you have a reborn body with grazed knees, waifu b00bs and anime head, I wasn't referring to you 😅.  I was talking about people who like to do illegal things while being an actual child in sl.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Hence the slippery slope. This is why I chuckled when people say "I can easily tell between an adult av and a young av", because some people clearly can't.

See your opinion of what a child avi is and mine are different. It's not a slippery slope. If I report your avatar because I think it's a child avi and you believe it clearly is not and are following the TOS, then don't worry about it.

Besides you won't even know who reported you. If I was going to report someone I certainly wouldn't tell them I was.  I'd just do it. 

Also, I have never, ever even seen an anime avatar in world so it's certainly not me you'll have to worry about reporting it.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

@Wincil I feel like maybe you're misunderstanding what I posted? If you have a reborn body with grazed knees, waifu b00bs and anime head, I wasn't referring to you 😅.  I was talking about people who like to do illegal things while being an actual child in sl.

Oh well I don't use that body type so.

6 hours ago, EnCore Mayne said:

the new tos should not affect 99.99% of the existing userbase. the fact that we are at 57 pages of comments seems to sadly counter that assumption.

I think the affecting userbase is larger than some think, and smaller as others seem to think :) 

I feel not affected, but do feel connected as i have teen avatars for complete normal pictures, and mostly fully clothed,  never wearing genital parts, If i want to use those outfits again i'd have to pick my places and appearal more carefull to keep my precious accounts safe.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1