So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

I taught 6th grade (11-12) for many years. This looks very much like a 12 year old wearing makeup to try and look like she's 16 or hopefully 18. But nope.. that's a preteen! Honestly, nowadays, 12 year old girls look older than their actual age  mostly because of all the makeup they wear and their style of clothing. 

True, make up tend to make one look more older than they really are. I know the head is shaped child but I see the face itself.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Nor should you care.  I agree.  The only point I've made is...other people may see your avatar as a child and refuse to let you enter.  That's it, that's all.

Not everyone will see my avatar as a child I have friends on second life who wouldn't of thought so.

Edited by Wincil

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's my point.  I was responding to this post...

Your point? that states if an owner doesn't want 18 years old in their sim, they can ban them but they can't get banned from second life for being 18. Please try again.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And it is really simple that people can object to new rules in spite of having to Ok the boiler plate ToS. It is so far still a free country.

True! I was more referring to some statements where people seem to think it will be difficult, if not impossible to follow the rules. 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Read that back to yourself and ask yourself if that's actually a terrible thing. 

Making children wear clothes. It's absolutely sick! ..nope, doesn't feel right.

Thanks for pointing it out!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's a pity you can't see beyond your nose and have some empathy, and instead accuse them of sexualizing their experience with nothing to base your claim on.

It´s a pity that you cannot accept the fact that a naked, clearly underaged female body which includes detailed sexual attributes is sexualised display. Especially in an interactive environment.  It´s a pity that you cannot see beyond your nose and mistake liberalism for knee jerk laissez faire.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I have been subjects of AR reports for just being somewhere.  A bunch of people teleported in and started ARin'g every child in the place.  They even announced they were doing it.   I know LL doesn't just ban child avatars for no reason. 

There are a lot of ignorant people out there. I should hope, according to everything we've been told, that the Governance Team would see those reports as "spurious", etc.

However with the new rules now, you just can't be in an Adult sim. Is that OK with you? 🙂

15 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

But I suspect that the most of these who lament the loudest are acting like someone just caught in the act.

This is what happens when you threaten someone's kink in sl. It's absurd. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Not everyone would see my avatar as a child so moot point. 

I'd venture that most people would see your avatar as a child, and even if you try putting disclaimers in your profile to say your avatar is an adult, it won't change that. If I saw that avatar on an adult sim, I would be reporting it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Not everyone would see my avatar as a child so moot point. 

Where did I say everyone?  Please, read and comprehend what I've written.  

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Your point? that states if an owner doesn't want 18 years old in their sim, they can ban them but they can't get banned from second life for being 18. Please try again.

Once again, you're failing to understand.  One of the premises of the thread is what determines who looks like a child.  If you say your avatar is 18 and it looks 16,  the region owner can kick you out.  How LL determines who looks like a child is not what I have been talking about at all.  

I've not said anything about LL bans at all.  Just region owners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

True! I was more referring to some statements where people seem to think it will be difficult, if not impossible to follow the rules. 🙂

Yes I tried to empathize too and found it not to difficult to do. I suspect quite a few long term members of SL have something they hold dear inworld that they feel is non negotiable and that they would rather leave if it is the only option.

What is yours? Would a restriction on your posting ability in these forums make you find it difficult and hard to follow that rule?

4 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's a pity you can't see beyond your nose and have some empathy, and instead accuse them of sexualizing their experience with nothing to base your claim on.

It´s a pity that you cannot accept the fact that a naked, clearly underaged female body which includes detailed sexual attributes is sexualised display. Especially in an interactive environment.  It´s a pity that you cannot see beyond your nose and mistake liberalism for knee jerk laissez faire.

Ah ha....this is some kind of political issue for you..

It's not a sexualized display when the underage person has their clothes on, and I think it's fine this  layer of clothing is being imposed.

I've only said that I understand how some child avatars are feeling when they are being forced to make the changes that a sick society has actually caused, you being one of the people in this sick society because you are accusing them of getting off by being sexual when they simply want to exist in SL as child avatars!!!

Because you said:

"But I suspect that the most of these who lament the loudest are acting like someone just caught in the act. "Damn, Linden Lab abolishes my ten sexy underaged alt avis i had such a hawt time with". Or something like that" .

We're done here. I won't be seeing any further replies from you. It irks me to no end when innocent people are accused of wrongdoing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Where did I say everyone?  Please, read and comprehend what I've written.  

Once again, you're failing to understand.  One of the premises of the thread is what determines who looks like a child.  If you say your avatar is 18 and it looks 16,  the region owner can kick you out.  How LL determines who looks like a child is not what I have been talking about at all.  

I've not said anything about LL bans at all.  Just region owners.

No one said you said LL bans all, You interjected yourself  to tell me "you can be this and that for looking 16" When I never said you couldn't, into a reply that I was replying to someone else that was worried about people throwing them under the bus for being young adults AND I assured them they will not have anything done to them by Linden Lab for being 18+.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I'd venture that most people would see your avatar as a child, and even if you try putting disclaimers in your profile to say your avatar is an adult, it won't change that. If I saw that avatar on an adult sim, I would be reporting it.

Seriously? isn't that a bit much? I wouldn't say that most people would see my avatar as a child you shouldn't false report people just because of that And I done nothing btw.    

Edited by Wincil

I'd like to think that LL would ban the perv who derendered the child's clothing, rather than the child.

But then I only wear cheap clothes that require alphas, and even the most hardened childhater would have trouble convinding anyone that floating limbs constitute a sexualised display.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wincil said:

My avatar literally has big breasts and a butt and has wide hips btw A child does not have that.  

I wore a 32D bra at age thirteen. I WAS a child at 13! Honestly, by age 13 I was at my full adult height and shape except that my hips may have gotten a little bit wider in my 20s. You'd be hard pressed to distinguish my 20 something shape from my 13 year old shape.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

I'd like to think that LL would ban the perv who derendered the child's clothing, rather than the child.

Under the new rules I think it would probably be both. The kid for not having a modesty layer and the adult for trying to look in a kid's pants. Gross.... It's actually ironic in a way. LL, by enforcing these rules will actually be green lighting some residents (that's how they'll see it) to conduct that sort of behaviour, subjecting kid avis to the sort of behaviour they're trying to protect us from.

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I did say "forum picture".

However, your inworld profile shows the same picture -- and too me it looks like a child (yes, I am assuming that you look pretty much like your profile picture shows):

image.png.fb860931753d3c27d4b0a7b7e5f2b28e.png

Sadly I cant call an anime avatar a child avatar they'll have to show up under 4'0 height for me to say ban. However some people will say all anime avi's are child avi's which is quite worrying but its up to our own judgement plus many people wear anime avi's in adult sims. plus anime or hentai could be classed as cp in some countries regardless  or scenario so we gotta be careful with this subject. I know seeing how different countries see this issue.

Edited by Novelistic

4 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

They wouldn't know anyone de-rendered anything .. in fact, no one can know.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've only said that I understand how some child avatars are feeling when they are being forced to make the changes that a sick society has actually caused

SL doesn't exist in a vacuum, and I would expect that most logical adults understand that it's not always about them. You're just enabling a silly tantrum from people who don't have to do anything but wear undies in a virtual world.

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

No one said you said LL bans all, You interjected yourself  to tell me "you can be this and that for looking 16" When I never said you couldn't, into a reply that I was replying to someone else that was worried about people throwing them under the bus for being young adults AND I assured them they will not have anything done to them by Linden Lab for being 18+.

Nope but anyway...

51 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

When you turn 18, you are an adult. How would one get thrown under the bus for being an adult? I don't understand.

45 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

So what? Any avatar in SL should be 18+ in RL including the ones who go about as an under 10 avatar. Their RL age has no bearing on whether they can be banned.

41 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

What does that have to do with what I asked? If your 18 on second life, you're am adult just like real life. If you're 10 in second life, you're a child.

No one can get you banned in an adult sim for being an adult, unless the Owner bans you from their sim for being 18. Linden Lab wouldn't ban your account because you're still an adult.

How does an avatar turn 18?  What determines an 18 year old in SL?   If you say your avatar just turned 18 but you still look 16, are you an adult just because you say so?

Getting my point yet?  NVM.  🙄

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I wore a 32D bra at age thirteen. I WAS a child at 13! Honestly, by age 13 I was at my full adult height and shape except that my hips may have gotten a little bit wider in my 20s. You'd be hard pressed to distinguish my 20 something shape from my 13 year old shape.

dang...not jealous... I've been small all my life, I thought I was going to be model height too but nope. Short af, skinny as. I've been trying to eat more it's not working, trying to love myself and my body more now a days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.