So what changed in the Terms of Service?

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I saw that and will look forward to hearing it verified. As an aside, isn't that something that should have been happening all along? 

That's what they claimed all along - but when it involved kid avatars it so far was more like "shoot first and never ask questions later".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The more i read this thread, the more i realize how stupid all these new rules are, and the stupidest part is that it wont stop anyone from having prohibited activities with a kid if they so desire.

Maybe ban kids from adult sims, that might be a good idea, but the rest of the changes are pure crap.

This thread is too busy to keep up with, knock yourselves out everyone, im off to find a less busy thread

😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

dont say the perma undies for adults part out loud, it might give LL ideas

I honestly don't think they are lookin to pull a Dwayne Johnson, Samuel L Jackson and aim for the bushes. hehehe

So I think we're good..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Aint no way, not to mention this is on a bebeyouth, that's a toddler's body. Not 10, not 15.

This is an adult skin on a genus head.

with a Bebeyouth body.

You can't make genus head a child's head, you can make it child-like but you cannot make it into a child's head

The neck.

Can you please tell me the site, where you were able to check the age using biometrics? 

4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The more i read this thread, the more i realize how stupid all these new rules are, and the stupidest part is that it wont stop anyone from having prohibited activities with a kid if they so desire.

Maybe ban kids from adult sims, that might be a good idea, but the rest of the changes are pure crap.

This thread is too busy to keep up with, knock yourselves out everyone, im off to find a less busy thread

😂

Why are these rules stupid? 

9 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

That's what they claimed all along - but when it involved kid avatars it so far was more like "shoot first and never ask questions later".

How do you know? It ever took massive and clear violations of the ToS to get banned from SL for *****. You are friends with people who were banned? How many? What for exactly?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

If that face was on an adult body then I would call it a child avi.

That wouldn't make sense because even though you get older, your facial structure changes, when there was a lack of bone structure, it would be there in an adult,y ou would be able to tell with a less rounder head, less elongated forehead, less puffy cheeks, there would be more definition on the face but you have the same face as you did as you were a child  but your bone structure grew and changed and your skin grows older with time making you look older.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Im pretty sure this forum is getting to lets lock this forum territory.  

I doubt it. That would have happened pages ago. Today is tame compared to yesterday.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Im pretty sure this forum is getting to lets lock this forum 

As long as  it's closed after any LL  employees reading this understand  that the revised  TOS is supported by residents despite some whinging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

That wouldn't make sense because even though you get older, your facial structure changes, when there was a lack of bone structure, it would be there in an adult,y ou would be able to tell with a less rounder head, less elongated forehead, less puffy cheeks, there would be more definition on the face but you have the same face as you did as you were a child  but your bone structure grew and changed and your skin grows older with time making you look older.

A child avatar wouldn't have a face like that. 

Edited by Wincil
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Oh I like kids. I just don't like the adults who get off to them.

Am surprised as I haven't seen any posts in this thread about how one would filter out and ban those who do prey on kids. Contrary to what seems popular opinion, the ones taking on a younger look, rarely approach or chat with others like them other then to compliment a look or dress.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

I'm not going to argue sematics with you. It doesn't matter what you and I think "looks" like a Child Avi. It only matters if LL thinks there has been an infraction enough to ban someone. Take it up with them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

I'm not going to argue sematics with you. It doesn't matter what you and I think "looks" like a Child Avi. It only matters if LL thinks there has been an infraction enough to ban someone. Take it up with them.

Okay, you didn't have to reply to what I said then as most of us were trying to figure out what LL think is an child avatar in the first place, so they can draw a line to it. That was the whole point for a long while, figuring this out. You take it up with them.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

How do you know? It ever took massive and clear violations of the ToS to get banned from SL for *****. You are friends with people who were banned? How many? What for exactly?

For being close enough to be in a picture when a well-known agent provocateur in adult form showed up and approached them in his birthday suit with a giant erection. He claimed to fight against pedos ... he was gone quickly, but also a few of the kids. Who appealed but never were allowed back, last message from LL was "case closed". I guess I was lucky that I was a bit too far away.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Am surprised as I haven't seen any posts in this thread about how one would filter out and ban those who do prey on kids. Contrary to what seems popular opinion, the ones taking on a younger look, rarely approach or chat with others like them other then to compliment a look or dress.

Without kids promoting sexual activities or behavior there will be no pedos goin after them. Pretty simple, eh?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It will probably make younger looking avatars view virtual adults approaching them with more distrust. Any approach could be a Linden in disguise or a child hater looking to find a way to get the goods on someone playing too close to the line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leslie Trihey said:

The problem is anyone can decide that you look "underage" and decide to ruin your day for a number of factors.

It would take a lot more than being told I look underage to ruin my day. Like being hit by a bus, or having a fire in my kitchen. I've had more than enough really ruined days. I might get miffed about how someone in SL decides I look, but ruin my day?  Nah.  If someone decides my SL avatar looks too young to be in their region, I'll just go somewhere else, or log out and take a walk. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Without kids promoting sexual activities or behavior there will be no pedos goin after them. Pretty simple, eh?

Also they are not really kids. Can we please stop calling them that, and just say child avatar. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I'm surprised that I haven't seen an all out call for a ban on child avi's. I for one, would support this wholeheartedly.  Problem solved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vivienne Schell said:

While I agree with you, I rarely have ever heard of pedophilic activity for a long long time. A mysterious blog came and then it just suddenly left, and had everyone panicked.

People don't even know if it was true or fake, people just took it as word from some guy they don't even know.