In some ways, Second Life reminds me of Star Wars.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 97 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are only three real Star Wars. And even those three, only the ones in the original configuration are "real".

So, no  scene of Jaba the Hut in star Wars "4" and defo no young Anakan Skywalker in the final scene of "6"

I have the originals on vcr tape, the only "upgrade" was to the sound, but they are now so old, i'm afraid to even try and play them, lest they disintegrate

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
fixed stuff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

You don't need to see these posts, this is not the thread you are looking for, move along...

Ooh, Strawberry is my favourite lightsabre flavour too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

There's avatars of many different species, but the dominant and most prolific species of avatar are humans, just like in Star Wars. Humans seem to be at the top in both the Second Life virtual world and in the Star Wars world.

And parts of SL might well be described as a "wretched hive of scum and villainy," I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

And parts of SL might well be described as a "wretched hive of scum and villainy," I suppose.

That what I said to my sister on our nude walk across second life as we approached ahern safe hub 😂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

There's avatars of many different species, but the dominant and most prolific species of avatar are humans, just like in Star Wars. Humans seem to be at the top in both the Second Life virtual world and in the Star Wars world.

This an ancient trend (and meme), in general. Larian ranted a few years ago about how players took their incredibly detailed Baldur's Gate 3 character creator and made the most generic human ever, according to their analytics. That's not even that new. Players always do this.

"Congratulations, you’ve basically made the default Vault Dweller," Larian continued. "What the hell guys. We gave you demon eyes, horns, and even tails. We are sorely disappointed. Go crazy. We worked hard on this!"

😂

I personally don't mind it, though. It only inspires me to push my creativity to 100 to look incredibly bizarre as often as possible (much like real life), so I'm all for it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Omg , it works exactly the same for the Sponge bob movie!! \o/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm tempted to say, based on a sample of the various avatars I see at shopping events, that the majority are either 'freak-show' or 'uncanny valley'. 🤣 Yes, they might pass as 'human' if you squint, but I think that's being generous.

has been proudly non-human since 2017.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You're right, I'm a humanoid but not a human. I'm usually an elf or a demon. I see more humans than furry, elves, anime characters, monster characters, basically fantasy characters are a minority in second life.

People who play second life usually mostly want to be sexy, from what I've seen. People can deny it but they want to make something they find extremely sexy to them and they want to be that sexy to someone else.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 97 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.