The new Second Life Community Exhibition

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles

Gentle reminder that the Forum Participation Guidelines say

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion. Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. Those participating in the derailing of a discussion will have their posts removed, and if continued, may receive disciplinary action on their account.

• Thanks 2

If you had all followed me to the Community Exhibit, I could have taken selfies with you all.

Just saying.

Nothing beats direct experience.

I'm seeing a lot of talking, and not many going and seeing it so they can talk about it better... I dare you all to go see it. I dare you to apply for spots.

I triple PHEEBY dare you.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

If you're in a relationship that's supposed to be real it's the lying that's the problem. Lying to me about their gender, or their RL relationship status.

Some people don't like lying so much. It might be considered a virtue to embody that quality.

Its never lying if its role play

I never role play.  And if I have a presence at the new Community Center I will advertise my park as a non-roleplaying community.   LOL

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I never role play.  And if I have a presence at the new Community Center I will advertise my park as a non-roleplaying community.   LOL

Interesting, because I never rp either, I'm always just me. I'll take a lm and drop by  your community when you have a booth set up. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

zindrahelpvortex.thumb.png.a7f103a23e938acec03723601f2798ad.png

The Zindra Help Vortex ("Vortex Adult Sandbox")

Run by the Zindra Vortex Group, created by Viale Linden. Are they still a LL employee?

This is Linden Lab's official introduction to its adult communities. "Out of Order" signs, broken teleporters, and a dispenser offering the Zindra Vortex News from 2012.

A major overhaul is in order.

Viale left years ago.   The Zindra Help Vortex was a trainwreck that's long been defunct, AFIAK.   I guess someone at LL should wind up the group, reclaim the land and return the group-owned objects, but I can understand why it's not that high on anyone's priorities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are we thoroughly off topic yet? 

The only Off topic posts are the ones crowing about the thread being off topic ;)  Funny how that works

On topic, the discussion moving to more adult centered communities not getting supported is an important one considering  that hitherto SL was reluctant to allow the promotion of such in spite of it being a major drawing card in comparison to other virtual worlds out there.

8 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I just stopped by the Community Center.  The Community Area was empty, as was MoTown and the Shopping region, but I found a new friend in the Welcome Hub.

093555a152d3f26d3b6199b1c5213c12.png

You got me, that was me, parking in my alt. Good to have you on my list.

Just kidding. It wasn't me. I haven't had lower than 40k complexity in years.

Kinda jealous now, actually.

Edited by PheebyKatz

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

If you had all followed me to the Community Exhibit, I could have taken selfies with you all.

Just saying.

Nothing beats direct experience.

I'm seeing a lot of talking, and not many going and seeing it so they can talk about it better... I dare you all to go see it. I dare you to apply for spots.

I triple PHEEBY dare you.

I visited last week. 

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

You exhibitionist!

LoL, I felt us introverts were being left out, someone had to do something.  I was thinking of creating an all bot community, but lack the computer resources to create one.  I could have had a bunch of us all dolled up as robots, just hanging around in a circle.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I am now part of the exhibit, no portals, no groups, no communities, just squatting 😜 I haven't decided on the name of my group yet though.

Snapshot_696.thumb.jpg.e2ea9aa586bf5cba0ca6d7bfa0eb5223.jpg

So you've got your wearable tent?

Yes we (forumites) definitely need our spot at the community center. Working on a proposal now...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

So you've got your wearable tent?

Yes we (forumites) definitely need our spot at the community center. Working on a proposal now...

We need to take it by force!  I have a pirate outfit just for the occasion.  We can loot and plunder from the other exhibits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

We need to take it by force!  I have a pirate outfit just for the occasion.  We can loot and plunder from the other exhibits.

I'm going to Aley Mart right now, I'll get us some pirate ships.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I'm going to Aley Mart right now, I'll get us some pirate ships.

From the empty portion, it kind of reminds me of slab city.  Perhaps we could get a bunch of RVs, tents, and make a little stage to hold a concert.  

Snapshot_701.thumb.jpg.6f4ed14739225e1a432d851304869e11.jpg

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the next installment of exhibits will be released?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But if you are uneasy with the ambiguities of the relationship of someone's SL identity with their RL one, you're frankly on the wrong platform.

Not only is this a terrible thing to say, it has never been true in the past 20 years. If I'm on the wrong platform, simply because other people choose to present differently than they are in real life and I do not, then so is every other resident.

People can either be upfront and real or they can piss off. I'm not interested in playing mind games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

From the empty portion, it kind of reminds me of slab city.  Perhaps we could get a bunch of RVs, tents, and make a little stage to hold a concert.  

Snapshot_701.thumb.jpg.6f4ed14739225e1a432d851304869e11.jpg

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the next installment of exhibits will be released?

Looks like an excellent location for a homeless camp. Way to go! 🤣

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.