when is LL gonna fixx the login issue?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

this is going on since the 30.12.2023. and i can not login and STILL CANT login.

and no, it is not a problem of my router, dns or whatever this dumb page they link you to writes (because i restarted my pc+router etc.).

it gets really annoying by now and i am not the onlyone in my region which cant login.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Denny Farlight said:

this is going on since the 30.12.2023. and i can not login and STILL CANT login.

and no, it is not a problem of my router, dns or whatever this dumb page they link you to writes (because i restarted my pc+router etc.).

it gets really annoying by now and i am not the onlyone in my region which cant login.

Well, it isn't a problem with everyone or SL in general.

Have you opened a Support ticket to see if they can help you resolve the issue.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

there is no issue on my end, its literarly written down in the grid status that they have STILL issues!!!! and that since 2 days.

and no sorry, i wont open a support ticket because you know what you get. they will just reply with stuff you already done to "fixx" the issue.

it is an issue on linden labs end, like i wrote already, its even in the grid status page. maybe you should look stuff up before you write "it isnt a problem with SL in general" if they have it LITERARLY on the grid status page!!!!

Edited by Denny Farlight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Denny Farlight said:

there is no issue on my end..

and no sorry, i wont open a support ticket because you know what you get...

good luck!
If you respond the same way if you'r with a flat tire on the highway you would be there for a while... it's not on your side either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

i know ya mean that as troll reply but, in this case ... yes. because the support would not be a help AT ALL. =x

and to alwin say i just this:

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

click it and read. IT IS not on my end, expecially when 3 of my friends which live in the same region like me cant log in either. or do you want to say "yep, on their end" even tho the grid status page has "degraded login performance" since 2 days on the page?

Edited by Denny Farlight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

When it's location-specific like this, there's nothing the Lab can do directly to fix the problem. Instead, there's some regional namespace provider (usually) that's having a problem. Lindens can try to track down which one has a problem and contact them (and sometimes walk them through the steps to fix their network services), but the Lab can't do it for them.

Meanwhile, it's sometimes successful (and often at least informative) to switch DNS providers, as instructed in that support article,  to either Cloudflare's or Google's name service.

Incidentally, the main advantage of filing a support ticket in these particular cases is that you may provide detailed information about what network services you're using, which may help the Lab figure out what regional provider needs contacting about what error in their routing. Here, though, the problem has been going for two weeks, so I suspect the Lab will already be in contact with the provider(s) having the problem.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

There was log in problems the last two days? I was able to log in just fine.

😁

It's been since the 14th.. It's not a client or LL issue.. It's more like a middle man issue..

It's  certain regions in Europe having issues with one or more of the bounces in between the users and the linden servers.. One or more of those nodes along the way is having problems.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Denny Farlight said:

i know ya mean that as troll reply but, in this case ... yes. because the support would not be a help AT ALL. =x

and to alwin say i just this:

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

click it and read. IT IS not on my end, expecially when 3 of my friends which live in the same region like me cant log in either. or do you want to say "yep, on their end" even tho the grid status page has "degraded login performance" since 2 days on the page?

It happens and as others pointed out, LL can do little about it when it is an Internet issue in specific areas. I had a time where I could not login or had heavy lag issues for 6 months because of a network router that was dropping packets. It is why I always keep an instance of an Opensim grid on hand since I am too addicted to my virtual reality to allow factors beyond my or LL's control to deprive me of my drug of choice! At least with my locally hosted OPS grid my partner and friends can still meet me in some virtual world of my making.

• Like 1

If what you're talking about is the viewer *crashing* on login (and in my case, getting a BugSplat notification), vs. your credentials not working or some login failure, yes that is a region issue and it seems to come and go on some regions. I own a sim and I had this problem for a few weeks, to the point where I needed to set home elsewhere during that period.

One thing that oddly seems to work 95% of the time is in prefs unchecking "View display names". I came across this doing a extensive search on "crashing on login" to SL. After you login you can recheck it.

Edited by Thecla
  • Like 1

It does seem like something quite possibly outside of LL's control (but not influence) and unfortunately has been happening exactly at the time most people at LL are presumably on holiday.

Some sort of routing issue maybe? would be surprising for something like that to last this long especially since we're talking about AWS here.

• Like 1

Presence on the Grid Status page is irrelevant - it is nothing more than a "heads up' that an issue is present. It does not mean that the issue is on their end - period.

Congrats - the issue is between your endpoint and theirs. When it is resolved it will be resolved. If the issue is closer to your endpoint then it might resolve faster if you go through the relevant support systems (be it your ISP or some other system).

Your refusal to use what is available will not help solve the issue nor will your stated 'reason' for said refusal help at all, anywhere/anywhen.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Denny Farlight said:

there is no issue on my end, its literarly written down in the grid status that they have STILL issues!!!! and that since 2 days.

and no sorry, i wont open a support ticket because you know what you get. they will just reply with stuff you already done to "fixx" the issue.

it is an issue on linden labs end, like i wrote already, its even in the grid status page. maybe you should look stuff up before you write "it isnt a problem with SL in general" if they have it LITERARLY on the grid status page!!!!

Just because it is on the Grid Status page does not mean that it is a "general SL issue".  If it were impacting a majority of SL users, you can bet that the problem would not still be happening 2 weeks later.

Maybe you should try not being so rude to folks when you are asking for help.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe you should try not being so rude to folks when you are asking for help.

That's crazy talk.  This is the internet, don't you know that the only way to deal with a problem is to yell a lot and blame others xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/2/2024 at 12:48 AM, Denny Farlight said:

Is it only that region? Then (wait for it...) put in a ticket.

On 1/2/2024 at 1:30 AM, Qie Niangao said:

When it's location-specific like this, there's nothing the Lab can do directly to fix the problem. Instead, there's some regional namespace provider (usually) that's having a problem. Lindens can try to track down which one has a problem and contact them (and sometimes walk them through the steps to fix their network services), but the Lab can't do it for them.

Recently another site I visit experienced the issue with a namespace provider in Asia so yeah. It can take several days to get resolved.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.