What Would You Like to Remove From Second Life Permanently?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Security orbs with zero warning. 10 seconds minimum should be required.

3 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

But I personally think 0-warning instant orbs are a great idea. When used above 1000m OR inside walls that can't be walked through normally. BUT only if coupled with something that changes them to just moving you right outside the parcel if you're last region crossing with less than 15 seconds ago.

Things to remove from SL :

Over-entitled people who think they are entitled to play repeat offender criminal trespasser, for a whole 10 seconds.

Over-entitled people who think they are entitled to play repeat offender criminal trespasser, if they are habitual nomads.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Things to remove from SL :

Over-entitled people who think they are entitled to play repeat offender criminal trespasser, for a whole 10 seconds.

Over-entitled people who think they are entitled to play repeat offender criminal trespasser, if they are habitual nomads.

I speak for all sailors in sl (self appointed) when I say I disagree strongly 😜

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I speak for all sailors in sl (self appointed) when I say I disagree strongly

Things to remove from SL :

People who try and park a boat in your living room, a kilometre from the nearest water, and several thousand metres up, and then complain when you won't let them.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, but it probably would, if I didn't have a Slaughter & Carnage Inc "Destroy All Enemies" Zero Second "Punt-&-Ban-the-Trash" Security Orb.. Besides, you said you were speaking for SAILORS, when objecting to a previous post.

Seriously it's incredibly annoying sailing around the blake sea and unintentionally sailing onto a parcel and being teleported back home. You have to start again. I think if the parcel is adjacent to a public waterway, there should be a couple of seconds to move out of the parcel so that you don't have to start again. Or if someone is that an@l about it, just don't sink their land.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Or if someone is that an@l about it, just don't sink their land.

People who assume that all land can be tera-formed above water level, when often it can't.

People who complain if you CAN tera-form your private water into private land, as they STILL can't sail in it as if they owned it, which they don't.

6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

People who assume that all land can be tera-formed above water level, when often it can't.

People who complain if you CAN tera-form your private water into private land, as they STILL can't sail in it as if they owned it, which they don't.

I guess I'm just not getting why it's so upsetting for people to the extreme that they want to immediately kick someone home for accidentally sailing over the outer edge of their parcel. I think maybe it's a way for some to elevate themselves by having the power to ruin another person's experience in that moment. Not pointing fingers or anything. You seem perfectly magnificent. I think maybe on this point we won't agree 😆

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Better start with mainland then. M and G are adjacent throughout mainland.

Exactly the problem. It really messes things up having the ratings side by side. I'm somewhat baffled at whatever 2003 era Linden thought "oh hey, lots of M rated regions here, let's put a G rated on right smack in the middle of them and NOT over there in that empty spot away from them."

/facepalm.

What's the point of even having M and G ratings if you then make it really confusing for residents to "stay in their desired lanes."

When they killed teen grid, they brought all it's land into regular SL. One part stayed it's own continent - which is great. That's now the best place to go in SL if you want G rated land. But then they took the best part of it, the 'copy' of Bay City, and slapped it onto the side of M-rated Bay City... at least the two Bay Cities are not checkerboarded together like the rest of mainland - but still... why would you do that?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I'll go first.

That kudzu grass in the Linden library -- and the Lindens' use of it all over the Mainland. 

It never stays on the land it was deployed but strays from Linden land to your land and you can't return it.

I say: one flick of the switch on the asset server, remove it forever.

No one will miss it.

The Lindens and Moles have much, much nicer grasses in the library or Bellisseria packs.

This is way weirder than most folks know and is a bug since at least 2012: You can rez any of the Linden plants in that family including "grass short 1", "grass short 2", "grass tall 2", and "leafy ground cover",  and the next time the region restarts they'll all change to "grass- tall 1". Some of these are actually quite useful in some settings, notably for following rough terrain, and automatically change their elevations when terrain is terraformed. The problem is that nobody ever sees the nice ones because "grass tall 1" takes over, like some programmatic invasive species.

Every week after rolling restarts, my alt goes around to three VRC sites to "replant" a few of these endangered species. (Not manually, but he has to make a momentary appearance or the sim doesn't know his script has permissions to plant. It sounds insane but it's actually the simplest way to make it work on group land.)

Incidentally, I think you can now return them if they encroach. They're a pain to select (aim for the base of a tuft), and indeed for years it was impossible to return them when they encroached, but it works now.

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Bots.

I'd go further: the need for bots. Second Life would be a much better, more reliable product if there were nothing a viewer can perform on the server that doesn't go through a script-accessible API. Worst case, operations could temporarily disable public script access to specific functions development hadn't yet throttled to human-like rates, but having a direct API to all functions is basic to QA and security, besides cutting armies of bots doing what scripts should have been doing all along.

9 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh God...those ugly default terrain textures on the mainland!  Hurts my eyes!

I'll be eager to see what they can do with the new PBR view because the one thing I'd most like to remove from SL is the mesh terrain appliqués that scar Mainland,, and those exist because the built-in terrain textures are so lame. But regions always look so much worse for having a patchwork of disjoint mesh terrain added to different parcels, surrounded by regions of smoothly blended (but ugly) system terrain. Each patch may be ever so lovely in isolation (as when used to blanket a private island) but scattered unblended on Mainland like stray carpet samples, they're hideous.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I guess I'm just not getting why it's so upsetting for people to the extreme that they want to immediately kick someone home for accidentally sailing over the outer edge of their parcel. I think maybe it's a way for some to elevate themselves by having the power to ruin another person's experience in that moment.

And it begins... The fraudulent claims that private property owners wanting their private property to be private, are some kind of egotistical mental defectives.

THIS is why vehicle fanatics get NO compromise.

1. "Accidentally" sailing, if you can't control your boat, stay in the public paddling pool, until you learn.

2. If Boat Fanatics are allowed "Special Snowflake" trespassing rights, the Car Fanatics will demand the same, if the Car Fanatics are allowed "Special Snowflake" trespassing rights, the Plane Fanatics will demand the same, next stop, some privacy hating griefer trash, claiming they crash landed their Bellicosian Air-Force FU-69 Anti Homeowner Assault Jet on your living room sofa by "accident", for the 15th time in a row.

3. As for " the power to ruin another person's experience", I notice you don't seem concerned with ruining a home owners experience by repeatedly trespassing, with intent to commit Abuse Reportable LL ToS violating harassment.

3 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Hyperbole and extreme stances that don't see nuance

There is no "nuance" here, private property is private, ban lines are a clear "Keep Out Or Else" sign, and disagreeing wiith some over-entitled claims for "Special Snowflake" status, isn't "Hyperbole".

Things to Remove from SL :

Over-entitled people who think THEIR "experience" justifies the kind of actions, that in RL would get them jailed for criminal trespass, bitten by guard dogs, or in some countries, shot.

Over-entitled people who dismiss all rejection of their over-entitlement as "Hyperbole".

Over-entitled people who claim anyone refusing them "Special Snowflake" status must have mental issues.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And it begins... The fraudulent claims that private property owners wanting their private property to be private, are some kind of egotistical mental defectives.

THIS is why vehicle fanatics get NO compromise.

1. "Accidentally" sailing, if you can't control your boat, stay in the public paddling pool, until you learn.

2. If Boat Fanatics are allowed "Special Snowflake" trespassing rights, the Car Fanatics will demand the same, if the Car Fanatics are allowed "Special Snowflake" trespassing rights, the Plane Fanatics will demand the same, next stop, some privacy hating griefer trash, claiming they crash landed their Bellicosian Air-Force FU-69 Anti Homeowner Assault Jet on your living room sofa by "accident", for the 15th time in a row.

3. As for " the power to ruin another person's experience", I notice you don't seem concerned with ruining a home owners experience by repeatedly trespassing, with intent to commit Abuse Reportable LL ToS violating harassment.

There is no "nuance" here, private property is private, ban lines are a clear "Keep Out Or Else" sign, and disagreeing wiith some over-entitled claims for "Special Snowflake" status, isn't "Hyperbole".

Over-entitled people who think THEIR "experience" justifies the kind of actions, that in RL would get them jailed for criminal trespass, bitten by guard dogs, or in some countries, shot.

Over-entitled people who dismiss all rejection of their over-entitlement as "Hyperbole".

Over-entitled people who claim anyone refusing them "Special Snowflake" status must have mental issues.

Okay, you're obviously not getting it. If you can't understand by now there's no point in arguing about it. Someone else can articulate it better than I. This is like trying to explain to my girlfriend why she shouldn't cut her nails on the kitchen floor. 🤣

Also, I would like to point out that we have all been very polite and civil towards you. I enjoy your posts and sense of humor, but were you aware that you are peppering your replies with personal attacks and insults? Snowflakes? Over-entitled? Fanatics? We're all just here to have fun. Nobody here has an issue with you personally sweetheart. 😜

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Don't they leave on their own in repeated "flounces"?

Example: "I left SL for 3 years and I'm super mad about ABCXYZ."

I'll add one, "super entitled people who don't really contribute to SL except by being there".

23 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Okay, you're obviously not getting it. If you can't understand by now there's no point in arguing about it. Someone else can articulate it better than I. This is like trying to explain to my girlfriend why she shouldn't cut her nails on the kitchen floor.

No, you are the one NOT "getting it". It's simple, parking your ass in a boat does NOT give you a "right" to enter private property against the wishes of the property owner.

That's it.

It doesn't matter WHY they don't want you there, all that matters is they don't.

28 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Snowflakes? Over-entitled? Fanatics? We're all just here to have fun

Over-entitled Special Snowflakes who seriously believe their "right to have fun" allows them to treat private property as a public amusement park, and harass the property owners, because THEIR "fun" is more important than the people they harass.

There's over 500 regions of sailable water in the old intercontinental seas, plus the "connect the continents" waterways, and the maritime areas of Belli, all public access.

Belli has a VAST network of public roads for car enthusiasts, again all public access.

But you seem to think you are being hard done by, because you can't sail in somebody's beach front dock, or drive through somebody's garden.

How exactly are you "fun deprived" with all that, because I won't let you park a car in my living room, or crash aa plane into my roof?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.