Treehouses

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Think I'm just about finished! I only have 37 prims left, so time to stop.

I found an amazing set, the Lavish Den, at Anthem from 8f8. It fit the image I have had in my mind since I got my treehouse.living.thumb.jpg.a4e2c952fd8ae41eb608a5e06211f1cc.jpg

windowview.thumb.jpg.9d291f381706d26eb51a7147a41bc48c.jpg

I used parts of the Dust Bunny laundry room set to create my kitchen.kitchen.thumb.jpg.87810af45e74e1aa5af997119f407b04.jpg

And tucked behind the Lavish Den screen is my discreet toilet.toilet.jpg.0c65fbcf1a552e69208b1ef01ec085a1.jpg

The view from my deck is pretty enough to paint!deck.thumb.jpg.a0e6fe1e5442daf87f80408a8da2b05b.jpg

• Like 27

I am getting an issue with the treehouses where my house controller doesnt work and a message says 

Sorry, but the scripts in the HouseController have just been reset and are still initializing.
Please try again in a minute or two.

And I can't access the house controller to change the home to the one I want even when I try again

If anybody can help me I would be grateful. Thank you very much.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CaliforniaChristian said:

I am getting an issue with the treehouses where my house controller doesnt work and a message says 

Sorry, but the scripts in the HouseController have just been reset and are still initializing.
Please try again in a minute or two.

I had that the other day. Click and hold down on the box outside your land (the housecontroller) for about 10 seconds - when you let go it's scripts will reset.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I had that the other day. Click and hold down on the box outside your land (the housecontroller) for about 10 seconds - when you let go it's scripts will reset.

Yes, I wonder if it is more common in newly updated regions?  I was just filling in a support ticket over this issue the other day when I remembered, "Hey, I already know how to fix this!"

• Like 3

I love, love, love the Fairyspell. I found the version with pre-defined walls a bit claustrophobic, and I love flinging my own walls up instead :)  The door just past the pantry in the kitchen picture leads to a bathroom/ utility room combo I apparently didn't get a picture of lol -- more later I guess, when I'm home and can take the pics :)

Fairyspell Frontj.jpg

Fairyspell from Front Doorj.jpg

Fairyspell Loft Bedroomj.jpg

Fairyspell Living Room.jpg

• Like 22

• Moles
15 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I had this happen to me too. A long touch didn't fix the issue. I had to file a ticket. They got it fixed quickly.

I don't think you can have held down the left mouse button for long enough.  Hold it down for 10 seconds (time it if necessary) before releasing it.   If that doesn't work, drop me a message and I'll take a look, but I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

We're working on a tool to unfreeze all the house controllers remotely, but until that's ready the long-touch should fix it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

5 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I don't think you can have held down the left mouse button for long enough.  Hold it down for 10 seconds (time it if necessary) before releasing it.   If that doesn't work, drop me a message and I'll take a look, but I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

We're working on a tool to unfreeze all the house controllers remotely, but until that's ready the long-touch should fix it.

I did contact you, but with my alt, and you fixed the issue for me. It wasn't the house controller. You fixed something else, I don't quite remember what it was though. Sorry for the confusion. You probably didn't recognize me as Blush.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/4/2023 at 7:49 PM, Blush Bravin said:

Think I'm just about finished! I only have 37 prims left, so time to stop.

I found an amazing set, the Lavish Den, at Anthem from 8f8. It fit the image I have had in my mind since I got my treehouse.living.thumb.jpg.a4e2c952fd8ae41eb608a5e06211f1cc.jpg

windowview.thumb.jpg.9d291f381706d26eb51a7147a41bc48c.jpg

I used parts of the Dust Bunny laundry room set to create my kitchen.kitchen.thumb.jpg.87810af45e74e1aa5af997119f407b04.jpg

And tucked behind the Lavish Den screen is my discreet toilet.toilet.jpg.0c65fbcf1a552e69208b1ef01ec085a1.jpg

The view from my deck is pretty enough to paint!deck.thumb.jpg.a0e6fe1e5442daf87f80408a8da2b05b.jpg

Ohhh...I love what you did with that new 8f8 package -- I almost purchased it just because the pieces are so beautiful, but am aiming for something a little more boho rustic.  (I don't know what style the 8f8 package is exactly, but to me it looks like 'fancy boho'..lol)

Anybody know of some good boho furniture places?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ohhh...I love what you did with that new 8f8 package -- I almost purchased it just because the pieces are so beautiful, but am aiming for something a little more boho rustic.  (I don't know what style the 8f8 package is exactly, but to me it looks like 'fancy boho'..lol)

Anybody know of some good boho furniture places?

It is fancy boho! Boho is probably my favorite style for clothing and furnishings. By the way, the selection of textures for that set is gorgeous. Every pattern is so pretty.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

It is fancy boho! Boho is probably my favorite style for clothing and furnishings. By the way, the selection of textures for that set is gorgeous. Every pattern is so pretty.

I am still dithering with the paint on the walls on my treehouse so not ready to show it yet. It seems the Lindens have provided the very same paint they did for Sakura, which I like, but which isn't working for me. So I am trying to find my own shades.

But 8f8's new set, like a lot of others of his since his gatcha "story" days, take some breaking in.

I think start by getting just one or two pieces so it doesn't overwhelm, and you see why you'd want the others.

I think this works as Boho or sort of Victorian decadant or whatever. With flowers growing out of the table and tex change, I put it almost anywhere including in Milk Motion's Fantasy skybox which I completely re-did (it's very white and plastery).

I put the lamps in a very downbeat fishing village wharf to finally replace Jessica's Populuxe ceiling lamps which I love but which are primmy even when convexed. I don't know if these are meant for the PBR viewer but they are very shiny and reflective.

If I keep going I'll let you know but I think this set fits in the treehouse too, maybe not all of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

If I keep going I'll let you know but I think this set fits in the treehouse too, maybe not all of it.

It fits very well in the treehouse. I used most but not all of the pieces. Very happy I bought the fatpack with everything. You can look up to my previous post to see the pieces inside my treehouse.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I LOVE what everyone is doing with the Treehouses!  Maybe there will be a Treehouse House Tour in our future?? 🤗

I think they've really breathed life into the fantasy theme.

Given one of the top complaints used to be "no land to put stuff outside the house" and you now have most of the parcel as land below the tree - that's one major issue addressed.

The theme that used to have the least amount of garden space now has the most if you go tree. But you get the choice, so I even have at least one new neighbor that went ground.

My own former complaint of too much visual clutter has now flipped to being a perk:

I have all this cool glow at ground I can go down and enjoy WHEN I WANT IT, but I can then go upstairs and be in peace without needing to flee into a skybox. From the windows of my treehouse, the effects below add just enough ambience to be cool, but not so much to give me a headache.

They've pulled off two radically different house styles in the same regions that don't clash but actually work well together.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 10

On 11/7/2023 at 8:09 AM, Quartz Mole said:

I had this problem where I kept doing the LOOONG touch and it didn't work. It would say it was either resetting the controller, or taking the key for LSL. So after a dozen times of retrying, holding, relogging some, I finally got it to work and changed to Fairyspell as that has the tree up inside the house and a loft. I knew something was missing! I got this idea from Theresa's post in "Parade of Homes" with some decoration ideas as well.

But I think the loft, the side spaces, the back space are separate enough that I can re-fit the furniture arrangements I had originally put out for bedroom, study, living room.

• Like 5

I have just released a new blog that talks about decorating the tree house exterior and the land below it.  This article goes into a lot of how-to detail, and it includes a script to make a door that moves you from the ground to the tree house porch. I think it is one of my better articles and I hope you like it:

https://lastditch.typepad.com/belli_parade_of_homes/2023/11/fantasy-tree-houses-part-3.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

On 11/16/2023 at 9:17 AM, Teresa Firelight said:

includes a script to make a door that moves you from the ground to the tree house porch.

This situation motivated me to learn about experiences.

I created a portal at the base of my tree:

Screenshot2023-11-20113204.thumb.png.2992563e6fd6301d1f663570b58742a2.png

That moves me up to the top if I am on an approved list of avatars. And another little stone up top sends me back down:

Screenshot2023-11-20113227.thumb.png.7cbe4798a98d099a0c161d77fe37a65d.png

If you're not on the approved list, nothing happens on walking into / through these.

And since I HATE clicking my screen... I did the same thing to the welcome mats I put on both sides of the front door:

Screenshot2023-11-20113511.png.ac3e9f02b717f499b72919538d3a4206.png

- Opened for this screenshot but normally I can now just walk right through like the door isn't there, since I can't put a script on the door to work with collision as well as touch, this saves me a lot of UI-disruption hassle where normally I need to stop what I'm doing to move a mouse into position and click something.

list approvedNames = [
    "some name",
    "someother name",
    "etc resident",
    "UnilWay SpiritWeaver"
];

integer findApprovedName(string thisPerson)
{
    if (llListFindList(approvedNames, [thisPerson]) != -1)
    {
        return TRUE;
    }
    else return FALSE;
}

{
    collision_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llRequestExperiencePermissions(llDetectedKey(0), "");
    }
    experience_permissions(key agent)
    {
        vector look_at = <5,209,80>;
        if (findApprovedName(llKey2Name(agent))) {
            llTeleportAgent(agent, "InsideLandMark", ZERO_VECTOR, look_at);
        }
    }
}

vector look_at = <5,209,80>;

- That points your camera. If your teleporting inside the same region, you can literally click a spot on the map you want to be pointed at, and type it's numbers into this value. So I just clicked a spot on the map a slight distance in front of me when facing the right way, and put it in there. The lsl wiki has a math formula for dealing with this when the experience teleports you to another region... that for me doesn't always work (I also put this into pictures of my other linden home - I walk into the pictures to go to them). ;)

InsideLandMark - is a landmark for where you want to get sent to, that you put in the inventory of the same object as the script. You can write an added 'else' statement and send different types of people to different places - but be careful with that.

The rope climb is still really cool though. Added a little 'stand' at the base of it (that does absolutely nothing other than satisfy me aesthetically).

Screenshot2023-11-20114753.png.504bfc2b4e39b5fe3a523dcae48c3a0e.png

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just freed up a hopper, who is trying to snag a nice Fantasy parcel.  3 out of the 5 parcels she got today had this issue I think I've seen mentioned here.  When the new owner tries to use the controller, it says something like: "The scripts have been reset and are currently initializing.  Please try again in few minutes".

BUT.

If you go away for 10 minutes and come back, you get the same message.

If you attempt to reset the controller yourself by holding down the  mouse button for 10 seconds, then 20 seconds, then 30 seconds, you get the same message.

Since I didn't want those parcels, I just abandoned them.  I got one of them a second time, and the controller was still borked.

@Quartz Mole, should I have filed a ticket for each of these parcels, even tho I was going to abandon them immediately?  This seems more like a problem for a JIRA, is someone already working on a fix?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.